Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
LTPP will only exist for those who had LTP under the old program. Under the new program LTPP can't be earned.
IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Sorry, yes I forgot about that addition to the initial statement.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fluxtravels
Out of curiosity, any opinion on that 3rd bullet? It sounds like you've been able to validate your years more closely than a lot of folks I've seen posting.
I never chased MRT status--really just fell into it a few times via a fortuitous combo of CC night credits, actual stays, and rollovers--so I haven't keep close track & can't really validate individual years. Honestly, I don't even recall whether my current Plat status kicked in before March 1, 2018 or not. (I only noticed it when I logged into my SPG account sometime early this year & saw I was Gold Took a bit of head-scratching to puzzle that one out.)

About the only thing I can say with certainty is that there is no conceivable explanation for my having accrued Lifetime Plat Years other than past MRT Gold years being re-mapped to the new Plat level.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by beltway
About the only thing I can say with certainty is that there is no conceivable explanation for my having accrued Lifetime Plat Years other than past MRT Gold years being re-mapped to the new Plat level.
This is exactly what happened, and was expected.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
)

50 night level = 50 night level

Pre Marriott Gold = Pre SPG Plat = Post Marriott Plat
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CLEguy
This is exactly what happened, and was expected.
Originally Posted by crimsona
50 night level = 50 night level

Pre Marriott Gold = Pre SPG Plat = Post Marriott Plat
Yes, I know; I wrote the wiki up top.

I'm responding to the report that a CSR recently gave out Extremely Bad Advice to the contrary.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Is there any official answer to those of us > 50 nights that are still showing 0 years in our lifetime stats. Some have this issue, and some don't. I thought they'd fix it over the weekend but I'm still showing 0 years on all counts.

Do I need to take any steps to rectify this?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:02 pm

I merged my SPG account (which did not have any activity at all, 0 across the board for everything) and it added 2 years of platinum to my lifetime total which I thought was not supposed to happen given all the pre-merger information. i cant be the only one. One of the blowhard bloggers blogged about this today actually.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by swintec
I merged my SPG account (which did not have any activity at all, 0 across the board for everything) and it added 2 years of platinum to my lifetime total which I thought was not supposed to happen given all the pre-merger information. i cant be the only one. One of the blowhard bloggers blogged about this today actually.
Link to that blog please?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Link to that blog please?
https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-lifetime-status/
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
As often is the case, the best part is the comments. Lots of confused folks and lots of reports of problems. Even the 'king of the blowhard bloggers' is having issues with his lifetime status as he reported in one of the comments.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yvr76
Is there any official answer to those of us > 50 nights that are still showing 0 years in our lifetime stats. Some have this issue, and some don't. I thought they'd fix it over the weekend but I'm still showing 0 years on all counts.
So my Lifetime on my Marriott account still shows at:
Nights: 64
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Platinum: 0
I used the contact us form about 1 week ago and never heard back. I called in today and spend about an hour on the phone with a rep. She said that because I created my account earlier this year I'd have to wait until the 1 year mark for lifetime year to be updated. That makes no sense.

I need this last year to combine with my SPG 9 Platinum years prior to combining accounts (I'm > 750 nights on SPG) so I quality for LTPP in January 2019. Not sure what to do now.

Anyone else running into this problem?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:59 pm

Stats are below. I'm totally baffled at this point. Does this mean I'll automatically get Gold Lifetime at the end of this year? And what do I need to do to earn Lifetime Platinum at this point? Is there anything I should try to do before the end of 2018 specifically??

Thanks for any help!

Marriott
Nights: 635
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 4
Years as Gold or Platinum: 3
Years as Platinum: 3

SPG
Nights: 66
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 3
Years as Platinum: 2
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by teach42
Stats are below. I'm totally baffled at this point. Does this mean I'll automatically get Gold Lifetime at the end of this year? And what do I need to do to earn Lifetime Platinum at this point? Is there anything I should try to do before the end of 2018 specifically??

Thanks for any help!

Marriott
Nights: 635
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 4
Years as Platinum: 3

SPG
Nights: 66
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 3
Years as Platinum: 2
You should become lifetime gold when you combine your accounts You have 6 years as gold or above. To become life time platinum you need 10 years, so "all" you need is another 5 years as Platinum or above.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:13 pm

Much appreciated. I'm a little confused, because I know for a fact I was platinum for more than 3 years at Marriott. And when I called in, they said that I was platinum for six years. Should I be calling customer service and asking for a correction?? Or do I just not understand how it works under the new program?

That's what confused me. I believe they said I had six years. According to the SPG chart above, I had 2 from them. And right now I'm showing platinum in both SPG and Marriott apps.... but as it is I won't hit the marks this year unless I deliberately start doing mattress runs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.