Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Suite Upgrade Policy (New)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
I’m not fanning the flames, I was denied a suite upgrade because I was on an award stay, this week, after Aug 18th at a Marriott Courtyard of all places.
That's a self-inflicted injury.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:57 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's a self-inflicted injury.
Yes it was, haha! But with 2 college kids, myself and an ex wife in the room I really needed the two beds plus pull out sofa suite...courtyard, Fairfield, SpringHill, Residence (only King bed) in small town Texas were my only choices.

I really want to be wrong about no upgrades on award stays under the new tc unless you pay for it (with points or SNA) Will have to wait and see how other award stays go in the coming weeks.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
But with 2 college kids, myself and an ex wife in the room I really needed the two beds separate hotels
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle

Yes it was, haha! But with 2 college kids, myself and an ex wife in the room I really needed the two beds plus pull out sofa suite...courtyard, Fairfield, SpringHill, Residence (only King bed) in small town Texas were my only choices.

I really want to be wrong about no upgrades on award stays under the new tc unless you pay for it (with points or SNA) Will have to wait and see how other award stays go in the coming weeks.
my goodness....

im sitting in a suite right now at the Westin in a Valencia Spain and I used pts. I’m a lifetime platinum premier elite.

Also in the past, I’ve been upgraded to suites many times while using pts. Everyone needs to relax. Good lord lol
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by alrvd83

my goodness....

im sitting in a suite right now at the Westin in a Valencia Spain and I used pts. I’m a lifetime platinum premier elite.

Also in the past, I’ve been upgraded to suites many times while using pts. Everyone needs to relax. Good lord lol
There is no doubt that SPG upgraded us to suites on award reservations. Big Shaker’s problem was at a Courtyard.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by margarita girl

There is no doubt that SPG upgraded us to suites on award reservations. Big Shaker’s problem was at a Courtyard.
Inderstansable. The majority of my courtyard stays are for business and it’s a hit or miss. I travel too a lot of smaller towns for work so the courtyards are usually old anyway (lol), but even at courtyards I simply ask when I check in. Often hotels overlook / forget to upgrade or the personnel are just lazy at times.

Marriott stays have been good as well. Autograph collection and renaissance have been great for upgrades.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Inderstansable.
I have no idea what this word means but I'll assume it's perfectly cromulent.
Kacee and escape4 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:52 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Marriott updates Terms- Best Room Available for Platinums

Gary Leff at View from the Wing just posted that Marriott has updated their terms:

Platinum Elite Members receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in. Complimentary upgrade includes suites, rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities or rooms on Executive Floors.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...andard-suites/
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So, this sounds more like the SPG language (than the previous MR "enhanced" room policy), right?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
So, this sounds more like the SPG language (than the previous MR "enhanced" room policy), right?
Yup - shows more intent, though unless Marriott actively nudges some of those hotels that maybe were more stingy in the past, it may not matter much
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Perhaps better than the SPG language ... none of this "standard" suite bs that has been used by some SPG properties I've stayed at.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:24 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Looks like, as promised, Marriott finally cleaned up the T&C language for suite upgrades to essentially match the SPG approach:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...416.1527256622

So that should conclude this Plat suite upgrade issue. It’s the same as with SPG—except at RC properties, where one needs Plat Premier status to be eligible for a suite upgrade.
xar likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by bhrubin
So that should conclude this Plat suite upgrade issue.
With people still whining that Marriott obviously hates SPG members because SPG PLT could never, ever achieve LT Platinum Premiere, no matter how many nights/points they had ... I will bet that "Marriott's horrible new upgrade policy/bait and switch/lies/etc." will live on for quite some time.

"Sure they changed it, but it's obvious that....."
kennycrudup and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by damon88
Gary Leff at View from the Wing just posted that Marriott has updated their terms:

Platinum Elite Members receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay at the time of check-in. Complimentary upgrade includes suites, rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities or rooms on Executive Floors.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...andard-suites/
"Includes suites....." but is there language to exclude specialty suites such as two bedroom (or more) suites and presidential suites?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:38 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
From onemileatatime, here are the updated T&Cs:

Before:
Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrade for Platinum Elite Members.
Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member’s personal guest room at no additional charge. Enhanced rooms may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites.
After:
Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrade for Platinum Elite Members.
Now lets see if the hotels play ball.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.