Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 12:37 pm

I'm planning to use points and SNA for a 5 nights stay in Dec to visit friends and family. I lived in SG before so I'm familiar with all the locations but never stayed at any Marriotts. Trying to decide which property would give the best bang for the points based on the following priority: SNA probability, size of room, quality of lounge & pool . Location is not that important, we will have people meet us up wherever we stay. So should we go for the JW, StR, W or just save my points and go to LM instead?
Old May 24, 2019, 10:03 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
If I was your friend I’d be annoyed to have to schlep to Sentosa (LM/W) to meet you.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stayed once at W Sentosa and have some friends meet me there.
They not happy at all
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
I've read this whole thread. I'm afraid I'm only more confused from having read it. I'm traveling with 17 year old daughter. Just the two of us
I've gleaned that location is important when in Singapore.
Price is also important, as is comfort and a bit of luxury... like free breakfast and lounge. I'm Titanium...
so on my dates, here is the list of what I've narrowed down starting with the cheapest first:
for three nights beginning August:
Four Points: 448
Vagabond: 695
Sheraton Towers: 668
Marriott TP: 793
St. Regis: 810
JW Marriott: 822
Westin: 855
Left out the Courtyard... just not a fan of Courtyards.

Also, we have a 6:10 am flight. Taxi from downtown at 4 am? Price/Time, or take a room at the airport?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
I've read this whole thread. I'm afraid I'm only more confused from having read it. I'm traveling with 17 year old daughter. Just the two of us
Price is also important, as is comfort and a bit of luxury... like free breakfast and lounge. I'm Titanium...
so on my dates, here is the list of what I've narrowed down starting with the cheapest first:
Left out the Courtyard... just not a fan of Courtyards.

Also, we have a 6:10 am flight. Taxi from downtown at 4 am? Price/Time, or take a room at the airport?
That's extremely expensive for those properties and for Singapore generally. I'd be looking at Marriott alternatives if I were you.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Isochronous
That's extremely expensive for those properties and for Singapore generally. I'd be looking at Marriott alternatives if I were you.
Pretty sure those prices are the total price for the three nights, not each night.

("....for three nights beginning August:...." as posted by HeidiInTheAlps.)
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Pretty sure those prices are the total price for the three nights, not each night.

("....for three nights beginning August:...." as posted by HeidiInTheAlps.)
That would be exceptionally cheap for StR ($270 SGD/night), but the numbers make even less sense if they are per night.

Shall we note that the convention here is to quote prices on a per night basis, so that everyone is on the same page?
HeidiInTheAlps likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That would be exceptionally cheap for StR ($270 SGD/night), but the numbers make even less sense if they are per night.

Shall we note that the convention here is to quote prices on a per night basis, so that everyone is on the same page?
The prices were for 3 nights.
I quoted 3 nights because for each night it was different, one being higher than the other...

But I could have averaged it for everyone.... that would have made it easier.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
But I could have averaged it for everyone....
Marriott already does that for you
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:58 am

Marriott already does that for you
Correct. I was looking at detail, and didn't pull myself up out of the detail. My bad.

So, StR is a relative bargain. Is location good too? And debating what to do with the 4th night as I have a 6:10 am flight...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:14 am

So, StR is a relative bargain. Is location good too? And debating what to do with the 4th night as I have a 6:10 am flight...
Depends on what you like. StR is Orchard Road. Shopping malls and Botanic Garden. No lounge, but you get happy hour in the Astor Bar, which is very nice.

JW or Westin are probably your two other obvious choices, both have lounges, very different location in the downtown area, Changi is extremely efficient.

All of these are within 25 minutes by taxi to airport. There's no need to stay at the airport your last night.
HeidiInTheAlps likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Correct. I was looking at detail, and didn't pull myself up out of the detail. My bad.

If price was no issue, I’d vote for the Westin. Extremely spacious rooms with stunning views, excellent club lounge, very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast at the restaurant. My only hesitation for the Westin would be the location, imho not that great for shopping or doing touristy activities.

JW has a better location, especially for touristy activities, but the rooms are considerably smaller and not as well maintained as the Westin.

If you come for shopping, then Marriott TP has the best location and with a spectacular restaurant breakfast and generous offerings at the lounge
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
JW or Westin are probably your two other obvious choices, both have lounges, very different location in the downtown area, Changi is extremely efficient.

All of these are within 25 minutes by taxi to airport. There's no need to stay at the airport your last night.
Agree with both the above, with a slight preference for the JW over the Westin. In addition to the better location of the JW, the lounge situation is better there and there's no dual-elevator system like the Westin.

Also consider Grab (SE Asia's Uber) as an alternative to taxi queues.

Originally Posted by rhu171
If you come for shopping, then Marriott TP has the best location and with a spectacular restaurant breakfast and generous offerings at the lounge
I think it depends on the shopping you want to do. There's very little in Orchard Road that you can't find somewhere else these days, and the JW is nearby to Suntec City, Raffles City, Bugis Junction, Marina Square, Millenia Walk, CityLink, and probably some others that I'm forgetting.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
I'm a fan of the Marriott Tang Plaza - great shopping all around, plus you can step out of the hotel and be on MRT (subway line) in minutes. The hotel has a good lounge, and the staff has always treated me great as a Gold/Platinum.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Originally Posted by jonisflying
I'm a fan of the Marriott Tang Plaza - great shopping all around, plus you can step out of the hotel and be on MRT (subway line) in minutes. The hotel has a good lounge, and the staff has always treated me great as a Gold/Platinum.
Another vote here for the Marriott Tang Plaza......tons of shopping and easy travel connections. Stingy with upgrades, nice but busy M Lounge and optional breakfast in the cafe which is a huge buffet.
jonisflying likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.