Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
What are the opinions on Sheraton Towers vs Le Meridien Sentosa for a business stay? Location not of big importance (but Le Meridien is better located for me than the Sheraton for what it's worth)?
those are on very different location and if you need to be in sentosa area then lm hands down as its not convenient to go from sheraton
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Which hotel is best in terms of location ? Access to airport with public transportation, closeness to good food courts and closeness to lanmarks such as Marina Bay etc.. ?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Which hotel is best in terms of location ? Access to airport with public transportation, closeness to good food courts and closeness to lanmarks such as Marina Bay etc.. ?
Westin checks all the boxes.

Public Transport: Downtown station is across the hotel where you can go all the way till Expo station which is 1 station away from the Airport.
Food courts: few hundreds M from Lau Pa Sat which is a decent albeit touristy food court. If you walk further you will be in telok ayer/tanjong pagar area with a bunch of bars and other food options
Marina Bay Sands: you can see it from your room and few minutes walks
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I agree with the above poster about the Westin, but it's worth noting that the Sheraton is often only a little over 200 SGD++ and is right next to both Newton MRT and the large hawker food centre, if you like local food.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by templar42
I agree with the above poster about the Westin, but it's worth noting that the Sheraton is often only a little over 200 SGD++ and is right next to both Newton MRT and the large hawker food centre, if you like local food.
For local food, telok ayer , tanjong pagar and chinatown area provide better quality than Newton. As a local we consider Newton generally a tourist trap.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:40 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by shevboyz
For local food, telok ayer , tanjong pagar and chinatown area provide better quality than Newton. As a local we consider Newton generally a tourist trap.
I live one stop away at Novena and completely agree with this. I only go to Newton if folks from out of town are hell bent on going there.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by kaizen7

those are on very different location and if you need to be in sentosa area then lm hands down as its not convenient to go from sheraton
So is this to say that LM is the superior property to Sheraton? Again location is not of any importance to me -- just want to understand what is the better property given they are the same price on my dates. I understand there's a club at the Sheraton but none at the Le Meridien?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
So is this to say that LM is the superior property to Sheraton? Again location is not of any importance to me -- just want to understand what is the better property given they are the same price on my dates. I understand there's a club at the Sheraton but none at the Le Meridien?
I never stay at both properties, however since you mention : but Le Meridien is better located for me than the Sheraton for what it's worth
I assume you need to be in Sentosa for your visit ... or at least near Sentosa area (Vivo city)
I would say LM will be more convenient location wise as taking taxi/train/bus/walk to Sentosa area from Sheraton will take alot of time.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:43 am

Again location is not of any importance to me
I think we are all struggling with how/why location is not of any importance to you. For many of us. it is like saying you have a conference at the HKG Convention Center and want to know which is better, the Renaissance next door or the Marriott SkyCity. So why is location so unimportant to you? You may say, "my company will pay for the taxi". In which case we may warn you that the taxi line at the Sheraton in the morning can be brutal.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I think we are all struggling with how/why location is not of any importance to you. For many of us. it is like saying you have a conference at the HKG Convention Center and want to know which is better, the Renaissance next door or the Marriott SkyCity. So why is location so unimportant to you? You may say, "my company will pay for the taxi". In which case we may warn you that the taxi line at the Sheraton in the morning can be brutal.
I have no problem taking a 10-20 minute longer taxi ride -- I'm only interested to know which is the better property, location aside. I've lived in Singapore for years and am very familiar with the geography of the city and thus don't need people's opinions on that. The reason I mentioned that location is not important is because I'm only after opinions on the properties themselves.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:44 pm

Thanks. That helps a lot. A good friend of mine has stayed at both. He says the Le Meridien was nice enough. However, since then he has consistently been staying at the Vagabond.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:08 pm

Thanks. That helps a lot. A good friend of mine has stayed at both. He says the Le Meridien was nice enough. However, since then he has consistently been staying at the Vagabond.
Appreciate the insight!

I looked at the Vagabond but it was a bit pricy on my dates, even with the corp rate.

What's the taxi/Grab situation like at Sentosa?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I was thinking the same thing. Usually location is important.

I have no problem taking a 10-20 minute longer taxi ride -- I'm only interested to know which is the better property, location aside. I've lived in Singapore for years and am very familiar with the geography of the city and thus don't need people's opinions on that. The reason I mentioned that location is not important is because I'm only after opinions on the properties themselves.
That clarifies it.

I've only been to SIN once, although at dif properties during the stay, but it's been a while so will leave it up to others w/ more recent experience to answer your question.

Cheers.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I've stayed at both and if location/lounge is unimportant then I would opt for LeMeridien. Room style is more contemporary and the property had a less stuffy atmosphere than the Sheraton. It's easy enough to get a grab car from LeMeridien, there are plenty of people being dropped off at resorts world so I've never had a particular issue.
Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by newshound
I've stayed at both and if location/lounge is unimportant then I would opt for LeMeridien. Room style is more contemporary and the property had a less stuffy atmosphere than the Sheraton. It's easy enough to get a grab car from LeMeridien, there are plenty of people being dropped off at resorts world so I've never had a particular issue.
Thank you -- will try Le Meridien this time (and hope for better rates at the Westin or JW Marriott next time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.