Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
A belated and big thanks to everyone for the useful replies. We're leaning toward the JW Marriott because the larger lounge makes it sound like a nicer place to hang out if we can't get into a room early or to wander around nearby if we feel up to it in the morning. But any more advice is always appreciated. (Under the merger, as a Platinum I'd still have access to lounges in either hotel, right?)
The JW lounge has metal chairs! But they do have a decent spread of food.

My favorite in SIN is the Fairmont. Now why couldn't Marriott buy Fairmont, instead of Accor?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't at all doubt some of the negative experiences reported (and one in particular was rather troubling).

My sense is that service can be a bit hit or miss anywhere in Singapore.
From a longtime Singapore resident, you are spot on @Kacee. We rely way too much on cheap foreign labour, so we basically get mercenaries from around the region. While visitors can expect decent English, a smile and good intentions, product knowledge, intuitive hospitality and communication can be shockingly bad.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:57 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
A belated and big thanks to everyone for the useful replies. We're leaning toward the JW Marriott because the larger lounge makes it sound like a nicer place to hang out if we can't get into a room early, plus the area around the JWM sounds better to wander around nearby if we feel up to it in the morning. But any more advice is always appreciated. (Under the merger, as a Platinum I'd still have access to lounges in either hotel, right?)
Hanging out at the lounge while the room is being prepped is quite likely.
As a (pre-merge) Gold member,I arrived early and was pleasantly surprised the JWM FDA invited me to have breakfast at the lounge while waiting for my room.
Enjoy your trip!
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:05 am

Singapore marriott hotels which one?

Need to book a marriott hotel at Singapore for a long weekend and for one reason or another narrowed my choices down to:

1) Marriott tang plaza
2) JW marriott
3) Westin

We are looking for a hotel with nice pool area(not too shaded)modern and not too far away from the tourist attractions?
Any help appreciated
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poppyz
Need to book a marriott hotel at Singapore for a long weekend and for one reason or another narrowed my choices down to:

1) Marriott tang plaza
2) JW marriott
3) Westin

We are looking for a hotel with nice pool area(not too shaded)modern and not too far away from the tourist attractions?
Any help appreciated
Assuming price is not a factor, JW seems best.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET

1) Marriott tang plaza
2) JW marriott
3) Westin

Any help appreciated
Originally Posted by fumje
Assuming price is not a factor, JW seems best.
For many (perhaps most) of us, we believe the JW is the best of the three properties ... good hard product, great location convenient for walking and MRT, nice lounge, etc. But ... you'll see lots of complaints about the pool at the JW.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
For many (perhaps most) of us, we believe the JW is the best of the three properties ... good hard product, great location convenient for walking and MRT, nice lounge, etc. But ... you'll see lots of complaints about the pool at the JW.
True, I could not decide how much weight to give that factor. I don't typically lounge at the pool, so I had a hard time guessing what poppyz would like in that regard. If sunny open-air pool experience is very important, perhaps Westin is better.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
For shopping, Marriott Tangs location is the best.
Right at Orchard road
But oldest hotel compare to the other two.

MRT wise, JW has more connections.
Circle (orange) line right at their doorstep.
A bit further Red and Green and even Blue line is available.
South beach complex itself have some trendy and upscale cafes and restaurant. CHIJMES is also very close (another upscale restaurants complex)
For shops (and less fancy meals) there are Raffles City sc, Suntec City sc and Millenia Walk

Westin ... I believe it was the newest of three but location is quite unfavourable.
Close to Lau Pa Sat festival market.
Asia Square itself are big office tower with large food court.
Nearest MRT : Downtown station of Downtown (blue) line
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:34 am

If the JW had guaranteed sun at the pool I think we would choose this
although some people saying 6th floor pool has decent sunbathing access?
my other half would not forgive me if there was no sunbathing ,being from the UK it's a rare thing 😀
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any help appreciated
I believe the JW is disqualified based on swimming pool.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
my other half would not forgive me if there was no sunbathing ,being from the UK it's a rare thing 😀
Originally Posted by Kacee
I believe the JW is disqualified based on swimming pool.
I hope others can give you some insight on the 6th Floor pool at the JW ... unfortunately, I can't.

The rooftop pool at the JW will not meet your sun requirement.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I hope others can give you some insight on the 6th Floor pool at the JW ... unfortunately, I can't.

The rooftop pool at the JW will not meet your sun requirement.
There is sun on the 6th floor, but if your partner wants proper sunbathing, then JW is indeed disqualified.

(Frankly I can't imagine wishing to sunbathe in SG, but to each one's own!)
jinrop likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Looks like rain everyday this week
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rstidolph
Looks like rain everyday this week
There was sun (scattered clouds) most of the day today. Thunderstorms started around 5:30 pm, blowing through pretty quickly.

I'm at Four Seasons on an FHR rate. This place simply blows away all the Marriott/SPG options. Two pools, both very nice.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by kaizen7
For shopping, Marriott Tangs location is the best.
Right at Orchard road
But oldest hotel compare to the other two.

MRT wise, JW has more connections.
Circle (orange) line right at their doorstep.
A bit further Red and Green and even Blue line is available.
South beach complex itself have some trendy and upscale cafes and restaurant. CHIJMES is also very close (another upscale restaurants complex)
For shops (and less fancy meals) there are Raffles City sc, Suntec City sc and Millenia Walk

Westin ... I believe it was the newest of three but location is quite unfavourable.
Close to Lau Pa Sat festival market.
Asia Square itself are big office tower with large food court.
Nearest MRT : Downtown station of Downtown (blue) line
Thanks for the useful info on some of the Marriott / SPG hotels. I will be going to Singapore for my first visit and looking to stretch the use of my points. (I only have limited points now because I had decided to burn through them pre-merger.)

Based on a perusal of this thread and the recent comments, I'm considering the JW Marriott for its location to tourist attractions / MRT.

However, I noticed that there are other options requiring fewer points/night: The Vagabond Club, The Sheraton Towers (although it seems to get low ratings in reviews), and even The St. Regis appear to require fewer points vs. the JW Marriott.

Can you please comment on the location / convenience of these other Marriott/SPG options?

Ultimately, it may come down to which hotel we can book a room with two separate beds (we are just friends travelling together). Our interests will be in seeing the key sights, and importantly, trying out the various foods Singapore has to offer, including hawker stalls, etc. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.