Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Old Jun 4, 19, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
There's no need to stay at the airport your last night.
If it were me and I had a 6:10 am flight, I'd definitely stay at the airport. The Crowne Plaza in T3 is almost always available on Hotwire. Select Changi 5* and the CP is guaranteed. I've seen it as low as US$120 + fees.
Old Jun 4, 19, 3:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by jonisflying View Post
I'm a fan of the Marriott Tang Plaza - great shopping all around, plus you can step out of the hotel and be on MRT (subway line) in minutes. The hotel has a good lounge, and the staff has always treated me great as a Gold/Platinum.
i should have sad be on the MRT in seconds. You literally walk out and there two entrances to the MRT... it is Quick!! And itís covered, so you donít get wet if it is raining!
Old Jun 4, 19, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
If it were me and I had a 6:10 am flight, I'd definitely stay at the airport. The Crowne Plaza in T3 is almost always available on Hotwire. Select Changi 5* and the CP is guaranteed. I've seen it as low as US$120 + fees.
Why would you split your stay like that? I've flown NH's 6:10 a.m. to NRT several times and never wished I had stayed at Changi instead. The taxi ride from Singapore is super quick at that hour. Much less of a hassle than having to pack up and move to a new hotel the day before. Your last evening is basically wasted out at the airport.
CO-PLAT and HeidiInTheAlps like this.
Old Jun 4, 19, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps View Post
Left out the Courtyard... just not a fan of Courtyards.
Don't knock the Asian CY's as they are more like FS properties with lounge access, unlike the US CY's. If the CY Novena is in a good location for you and the price is right, I'd add it to your list.
Old Jun 4, 19, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Why would you split your stay like that? I've flown NH's 6:10 a.m. to NRT several times and never wished I had stayed at Changi instead. The taxi ride from Singapore is super quick at that hour. Much less of a hassle than having to pack up and move to a new hotel the day before. Your last evening is basically wasted out at the airport.
Because I value my sleep, especially before boarding a long international flight.

As to wasting the last evening, there is not much to waste if one is getting up the next morning at 3 am. One could easily stay in the city until as late as 8:00, proceed to the airport to check in, get a full night's rest, and then get up about 90 minutes before the flight. YMMV.
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:35 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Just want to thank everyone for the input. Want to have an action packed fun time in Singapore with my daughter. I like the Marriott TP, and tempted to book it, but leaning to scale back and book Sheraton Towers... it's just that much extra.... this trip also includes 9 days Bali and a week Tokyo... booked with points for Tokyo though...
Old Jun 5, 19, 5:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps View Post
Just want to thank everyone for the input. Want to have an action packed fun time in Singapore with my daughter. I like the Marriott TP, and tempted to book it, but leaning to scale back and book Sheraton Towers... it's just that much extra.... this trip also includes 9 days Bali and a week Tokyo... booked with points for Tokyo though...
Cool! Have a GREAT trip! Sounds like an awesome time!
Old Jul 30, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: Giants Ballpark Pass. Lifetime Ambassador Club. WN A+/CP, AS MVP, UA "fools Gold" (aka PresPlus).
Mrs. WWD and I will visit Singapore for a couple days in September; we are flying in from SFO immediately after Burning Man, so might be a little tired.

We'll do our first night (9.4) at the Renaissance Johor, and then will spend three nights in Singapore returning to SFO at 9p on 9.8. We want to spend one night at the Marina Bay Sands so we can access the pool, and I have a 60k point Marriott certificate that will soon expire. We also have access to the Tanglin Club, if anyone can recommend staying there.

I have Bonvoy Platinum Status + HH Gold, and the Mrs. has IHG Gold. We also both have Amex Plats. It seems to make sense to stay at a property where we can check out late before our 9p departure on 9.8.

Hive-mind: any advice?
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:23 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
Mrs. WWD and I will visit Singapore for a couple days in September; we are flying in from SFO immediately after Burning Man, so might be a little tired.

We'll do our first night (9.4) at the Renaissance Johor, and then will spend three nights in Singapore returning to SFO at 9p on 9.8. We want to spend one night at the Marina Bay Sands so we can access the pool, and I have a 60k point Marriott certificate that will soon expire. We also have access to the Tanglin Club, if anyone can recommend staying there.

I have Bonvoy Platinum Status + HH Gold, and the Mrs. has IHG Gold. We also both have Amex Plats. It seems to make sense to stay at a property where we can check out late before our 9p departure on 9.8.

If you dont mind staying near MBS you can consider JW Marriott. You can try asking for a late checkout beyond 4pm but if that fails you can still hangout at the lounge or use the spa facilities.
After-note: The pool might be a disappointment in comparison to MBS pool.

Alternatives are Marriott Tang / Sheraton / St Regis located at the shopping belt of Singapore (Orchard)
Both Marriott Tang & Sheraton are within walking distance (0.6 miles) to Tanglin Club

For Hilton you can try Conrad which is near (opposite) JW Marriott.
Old Jul 30, 19, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post

I have stayed at the Tanglin Club several times, although the last occasion was a couple of years ago; I quite like the place but have not stayed recently because of the race to clock up nights for status. For a late check-out, obviously a Marriott property is the best choice although I'm not sure how generous they will be with Golds.
Old Jul 31, 19, 7:22 pm

Programs: Amex Cent. BA Gold
Just leaving the St. Regis Singapore. Lovely stay - highly recommended. The breakfast buffet amenity as Platinum was very good. Western, east Asian and west Asian options.