Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Old Dec 28, 18, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
Was Vagabond nice? I have not been a fan of and Marriott hotels in Singapore so for - stayed STR, W, Ritz, Westin so might switch to Vagabond or if good or more likelt stick to MO and Conrad
Check out the master thread. Itís definitely not the best option. Iíve never stayed, but walked over when I was last in SIN. Did not like the area.
Old Dec 28, 18, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
Was Vagabond nice? I have not been a fan of and Marriott hotels in Singapore so for - stayed STR, W, Ritz, Westin so might switch to Vagabond or if good or more likelt stick to MO and Conrad
I had no problem with the Vagabond. My Junior Exec Suite was adequate, though a bit tight for two. I've stayed at over a half dozen hotels in S'pore including the Marriott (Orchard Rd.), Sheraton (Scott's Rd.), Ritz Carlton, Concord, Pan Pacific and AMOY. The Vagabond is certainly different. A boutique property with only 41 rooms. There is a video that plays in the elevator with multiple different scenes all mixed together...one of which is a warrior riding a penis! Its less than 10 minutes walk to two or three different metro stations and also walking distance to Mustafa. I wish I would have had a little more time to explore that 24 hour market. I'm not sure how close we were to Geylang, but walking back to the hotel at night, there were several what appeared to be go-go bars along one of the streets. I'm not sure i'd stay there again, but certainly wouldn't rule it out.

As a Platinum Premier elite, we were provided breakfast to order and light (very light) snacks 4:30 -6:30. The only free beer in the afternoon/evening was bottled Asahi. The staff was great.
Old Dec 29, 18, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT View Post
What kind of suite did you get with the SNA at Vagabond? I was upgraded (no SNA) to a a Junior Executive suite last week (room 402) and it would not be worth burning an SNA for.
The had me in a Jr Ex Suite. I ended up canceling it. Soon right after, my SNA for Westin came through!
Old Dec 29, 18, 7:20 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
We had a really nice stay at the Westin earlier this year and I would return there in a heartbeat. I wrote a review in the the property's master thread. Of course it helped we had a true corner room with 2 different views on the executive club level (club level here is definitely worth the extra money). One view was of the bay the other (from the bathroom) was of the cruise ship port and Indonesia in the distance. We found the executive lounge on the club level to be top notch for a Westin. It also featured very nice views as well and a wide selection of much better food and drink than I expected. These 2 things really made our stay. I had reached out in advance, as this was a point stay and a birthday trip, and merely asked for a room with a nice view if that was possible since I was only gold. I think we were upgraded 3 cat from the standard room and the manger was super nice and quite attentive to our needs.
Old Jan 19, 19, 9:29 am

Iíll be in Singapore for only about 24 hours, first time visitor. I donít really want to spend over SGD450 for a hotel. Would like ease of access to/from the airport. An Executive Lounge would be nice, but not critical. Same with breakfast because I have a 10 AM flight and I could just get to the airport early and have breakfast in the SQ SilverKris Lounge.

Iíve narrowed my Marriott choices to the following: Courtyard Novena, Sheraton Towers, Four Points Riverview and the Westin. I would appreciate any suggestions as to these hotels. Iím currently Platinum Elite (due to UA partnership), but might be Gold by the time of my arrival.
Thank you for any assistance.
Old Jan 19, 19, 9:46 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The four points would not be good for trains to the airport. The Westin is slightly closer on the blue line than the Sheraton. The Courtyard is one stop from the Sheraton albeit on a different line.

What at do you plan on doing in Singapore? Have you been before?
Old Jan 20, 19, 12:25 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I like the Four Points for everything except the 15 minute walk to the subway.
Westin - stayed once, did not like for many reasons.
Courtyard - I am here now for the first and last time - rooms too small and barebones.
Sheraton - I have stayed here most often, and have a love/hate relationship with this property. See my comments in the Sheraton Towers thread.
Someone at the Singapore Do yesterday recommended the Vagabond, I will have to try it next time.
Old Jan 20, 19, 8:29 am
Suspended

Sheraton is my choice. Convenient to subway and not too expensive. Nice pool too.
Old Jan 20, 19, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
The four points would not be good for trains to the airport. The Westin is slightly closer on the blue line than the Sheraton. The Courtyard is one stop from the Sheraton albeit on a different line.

What at do you plan on doing in Singapore? Have you been before?
It will be my first time there, albeit only passing through on a stopover. I’d like to see a couple of sights, while keeping it manageable on the one full day that I’m there. I’m fairly open to what I can see or do - museums, parks,gardens, architecture, etc. As long as I see or experience something new, I’m pretty happy. I welcome any suggestions.

Additionally, I’d like to go to a couple of high-end chocolate shops (not Godiva, Lindt, etc.). Preferably, locally owned, selling high quality pralines (individual pieces), dark chocolate. I prefer pralines, not bars of chocolate. Any suggestions would be appreciated, although I’ve had a flight attendant recommend Royce Chocolate.

I want easy transport to and from the airport so that I can maximize my time efficiently. I will have to leave the hotel early the following morning.

edit: arriving Feb. 6, departing Feb. 7.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Jan 20, 19 at 1:11 pm
Old Jan 20, 19, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
I like the Four Points for everything except the 15 minute walk to the subway.
Westin - stayed once, did not like for many reasons.
Courtyard - I am here now for the first and last time - rooms too small and barebones.
Sheraton - I have stayed here most often, and have a love/hate relationship with this property. See my comments in the Sheraton Towers thread.
Someone at the Singapore Do yesterday recommended the Vagabond, I will have to try it next time.
Originally Posted by travelinmanS View Post
Sheraton is my choice. Convenient to subway and not too expensive. Nice pool too.
Seems like the Sheraton is the consensus. I’m sorry that I missed the Singapore Do. It would have been nice to meet some FTers.

edit: arriving Feb. 6 and departing Feb. 7.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Jan 20, 19 at 1:22 pm
Old Jan 20, 19, 2:15 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by FLYMSY View Post

Seems like the Sheraton is the consensus. Iím sorry that I missed the Singapore Do. It would have been nice to meet some FTers.

edit: arriving Feb. 6 and departing Feb. 7.
There is an Awfully Chocolate in Square 2 which is next to the Courtyard or one stop from the Sheraton. Also have branches in Ion one stop the other way to Orchard.

https://www.awfullychocolate.com/

You will be here during Chinese New Year so operating hours may be impacted.
Old Feb 8, 19, 10:27 am

Jw mariott singapore or the westin singapore

Hey guys, we will be in Singapore for new years eve and want to be close to the marina area; I have been to the Westin before as an SPG plat, now only have Mariott gold status; which hotel would be better in terms of benefits given out on a points rewars reservation?
Old Feb 8, 19, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As a gold, you're not entitled to lounge access. IIRC at best you would get a somewhat better room in the same category as what is booked, but even this is unlikely for NYE. If the plan is to walk to the marina from your hotel, I would think the crowds wouldn't be as bad from the Westin.

Personally, I like the Westin and do not like the JW location (although the Westin location isn't wonderful either).
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:23 pm

Programs: Starriott PP, UA 1K, Hertz PC
The JW is going from Cat 6 to 7 on March 6th as well - if you are doing a points stay
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:01 am

Programs: MPC, KF, BAEC // SPG, WoH, Honors
What are the opinions on Sheraton Towers vs Le Meridien Sentosa for a business stay? Location not of big importance (but Le Meridien is better located for me than the Sheraton for what it's worth)?

Search this Thread