Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
St Regis SG ..... my usual hotel in SG ... their location is not really favourable compare to Marriott Tangs if you want to see Orchard road as it is about 10 minute walk away.
But they do have couple of bus stop nearby. So if you comfortable using bus then stay at St Regis is not a problem transport wise.

Warehouse Hotel and Four Points Sheraton (both are next to each other.
They do have bus stop nearby. Nearest MRt will be Clarke Quay (another 15 min walking or take bus to that station)
They are quite close to Robertson quay where there are plenty of cafe and restaurants.
If you planned to visit Chinatown (Smith Street food market) then these hotels are quite close. can take a bus to chinatown easily.

Vagabond Club, I never stay here before but consider staying here.
Their location is quite unique ... nearest (not so close actually) MRT will be Jalan Besar or Lavender.
Both are good 20 min walking away and I dont think the hotel have any bus stop that close to the hotel.
No shops that worth seeing ... but alot of Malay and Indian food stalls.

Close to Jalan Besar MRT, there are Wanderlust hotel. Their rate is quite low but the room supposedly small
(never been stay there either)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Thanks for the useful info on some of the Marriott / SPG hotels. I will be going to Singapore for my first visit and looking to stretch the use of my points. (I only have limited points now because I had decided to burn through them pre-merger.)

Based on a perusal of this thread and the recent comments, I'm considering the JW Marriott for its location to tourist attractions / MRT.

However, I noticed that there are other options requiring fewer points/night: The Vagabond Club, The Sheraton Towers (although it seems to get low ratings in reviews), and even The St. Regis appear to require fewer points vs. the JW Marriott.

Can you please comment on the location / convenience of these other Marriott/SPG options?

Ultimately, it may come down to which hotel we can book a room with two separate beds (we are just friends travelling together). Our interests will be in seeing the key sights, and importantly, trying out the various foods Singapore has to offer, including hawker stalls, etc. Thanks!
kaizen7 has given a good reply. To address the Sheraton Towers hotel, it is also less conveniently situated than the JW, but it is not terrible. If the point differential makes a difference in your other plans (e.g., you can squeeze out another points stay somewhere), perhaps it would be worthwhile in my mind.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Thank you Kaizen7 and fumje for your input. For now, based on these comments, I will focus priority on JW Marriott due to its proximity to key attractions and the MRT. Sheraton will be my back-up since it requires fewer points. We are also travelling to Japan, so will have to figure out accommodations there and how many points I need.
We are not really keen to shop, especially for luxury items which we can get just as easily at home, although we'll certainly walk around Orchard Road to see what it's all about.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Which Marriott/SPG in Singapore

Looking at the JW, St. Regis or Ritz as possibilities. I am a platinum and would like lounge access and possible upgrade. Which hotel would you go for?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Safti
Looking at the JW, St. Regis or Ritz as possibilities. I am a platinum and would like lounge access and possible upgrade. Which hotel would you go for?
Singapore is a small country so getting around is pretty easy. I think many people like the Ritz Carlton as it's close to Marina Bay/Gardens by the Bay and close to MRT
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I just had a weekend at the Westin on Marina Bay Drive. A bit of change of scenery. I also liked the Marriott on Southbeach when I stayed there once.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:07 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

I'm headed back to the JW next year. Received a fantastic room upgrade, and the lounge is amazing.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
You should probably look in the Marriott forum. I'm staying at the Vagabond in a couple weeks and will post my report there.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:34 am

St Regis is a nice hotel, but not exactly walkable to the MRT (it's a fair walk)
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:55 pm

JW would give you lounge access. No lounge at STR. Ritz Millenia does not participate in Marriott program, so status won't mean much.

JW is more generous with upgrades, not so at STR. Rooms at JW are very contemporary (Starck design), STR has classical look with tacky touches.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:51 pm

My SNA cleared for Vagabond but also have reservations at the Westin, SNA has not cleared there. Which would be the better accommodations, vagabond suite or a room at the Westin?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:36 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Singapore is a small country so getting around is pretty easy. I think many people like the Ritz Carlton as it's close to Marina Bay/Gardens by the Bay and close to MRT
The Ritz doesn’t participate in Marriott Rewards.

The OP may want to look at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ight=Singapore
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Ritz doesn't participate in Marriott Rewards. St. Regis Singapore isn't talked about very favourably in the master thread and looks super dated. I would say either do JW, or just be a free agent and book a Virtuoso rate elsewhere.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by caburrito
My SNA cleared for Vagabond but also have reservations at the Westin, SNA has not cleared there. Which would be the better accommodations, vagabond suite or a room at the Westin?
What kind of suite did you get with the SNA at Vagabond? I was upgraded (no SNA) to a a Junior Executive suite last week (room 402) and it would not be worth burning an SNA for.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Was Vagabond nice? I have not been a fan of and Marriott hotels in Singapore so for - stayed STR, W, Ritz, Westin so might switch to Vagabond or if good or more likelt stick to MO and Conrad

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.