Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex SPG points not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Amex SPG points not posting?

So statement closed on 8/3, and on the Amex site it shows my yearly starpoint total increase, but nothing has hit my SPG/Marriott account yet. Anyone else having these issues or knows the reason for it? TIA
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:33 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
A Marriott exec recently mentioned to Gary Leff that points for statements closing Aug 1 through Aug 17 would not post until on or after Aug 18, after Starpoints in SPG accounts have been converted 1:3 to points.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
So statement closed on 8/3, and on the Amex site it shows my yearly starpoint total increase, but nothing has hit my SPG/Marriott account yet. Anyone else having these issues or knows the reason for it? TIA
You should have received an email from Amex on August 1 indicating there would be delays in posting.

Since statements closing from August 1 through August 18 will have a blending of SPG points and new Marriott points, I anticipate that points will not post until after August 18 for those statements.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Interestingly enough, my SPG AmEx statement already references the point conversion

Points Earned This Period 18,xxx
Points earned this period have been adjusted, for more details see the Points Earned section
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:28 am

Yep, still waiting mine from July's statement.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
After thinking about it, for statements closing between August 1 and August 18, the points can't be posted to your SPG account until after August 18th when the SPG Starpoints will be converted to Marriott points. Otherwise, to post pre-conversion would require fractional Starpoints be posted in members' accounts since some earning is now less than the value of one Starpoint.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BA
I'm still waiting for my points to come through from my July statement which closed on 15 July. Amex have told me that the points have been transferred. SPG are still "investigating" when the points will be posted. I'm hoping that the points will appear on 18 August!

Anyone else still waiting on their July SPG points?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kennypanthew
I'm still waiting for my points to come through from my July statement which closed on 15 July. Amex have told me that the points have been transferred. SPG are still "investigating" when the points will be posted. I'm hoping that the points will appear on 18 August!

Anyone else still waiting on their July SPG points?
Yes my wife is. She spoke to Amex on Friday and they said they're working with SPG to resolve it and hope to have it sorted "soon"
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
A different but perhaps related issue due to the upcoming points conversion and issuance of new SPG membership numbers: I have a new account opened at the beginning of this month, and for some reason the system doesn't seem to want to associate my SPG number (which I provided with the application) with my Amex account. I've tried two chat sessions and called in this morning... each time I've provided my number and have been told that it'll be sent to SPG for verification and my account will update in a few days... yet each time I've followed up, there's no record of the number at all. Very odd; hopefully this will be resolved after the big transition date later this week.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:03 pm

Well this sucks. I was going to book an award stay with my anticipated points before the points required would go up on Aug 18.

For some reason, the Marriott point advance function doesn't seem to work anymore either. I guess I'll just have to pony up more points after Aug 18.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BA
My July points finally came through today
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Interestingly, on the UK Amex card, it is now 3 points per £. I noticed that mid-statement, (from August 1st) the earnings suddenly go up and everything posts 3x. Good job SPG/Amex! Shame they couldn't do the same in the US.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
13k+ from last statement haven't posted yet :-(
Says they were transferred to starpoints in the Amex app on 5th Sept but no sign of them yet :-(
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
8k points from my UK Amex haven’t posted either - sent to SPG around 21 August.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Points from August 17 statement have still not posted; neither have the 30,000 points promised for renewing in late July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.