Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
I booked a Rewarding Event at Aerocity New Delhi (Nice Hotel and Service - good area to stay close to airport) and the 10 nights were credited in a week (approx). I confirmed with the hotel before that it qualified, had a contract, and went out of my way to thank the manager for the teams assistance, confirming again the point credit.

I had visa issues and thought my trip would be cancelled, so called and confirmed that I would get credited if I didn’t
show (I would have to pay regardless).

While the credits are nice, they pushed me solidly to 50 nights, now I am trying to decide if I want to make a run at 75.....
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:29 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Any other recent DPs on how long it takes for the 10 nights to post? I did mine a week ago Friday with a signed contract and everything and nothing yet.
"Usually" within 30 days since some properties may do clearing via the GPT on a monthly basis.
I suggest to drop the meeting coordinator to get a confirmation on when he/she intents to post it. Nights appear immediately once 'posted'
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:24 pm

#bonvoyedagain

I booked and executed a meeting at a Le Meridien. I followed up with the event planner - who was great - on the 10 elite nights. She came back to me after a couple of weeks and said, "Bonvoy customer service is telling me you have to have 10 customer rooms tied to the meeting to get the 10 elite nights and here is the link she shared that says that -- https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#events"

It literally says absolutely nothing to that effect in those terms. I've asked for this support person's contact information and, being a lowly Titanium, have no Ambassador. This is honestly not going to break me but now it's a matter of principal with this company. They really just don't care anymore.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by friscotrvlr
I booked and executed a meeting at a Le Meridien. I followed up with the event planner - who was great - on the 10 elite nights. She came back to me after a couple of weeks and said, "Bonvoy customer service is telling me you have to have 10 customer rooms tied to the meeting to get the 10 elite nights and here is the link she shared that says that -- https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#events"

It literally says absolutely nothing to that effect in those terms. I've asked for this support person's contact information and, being a lowly Titanium, have no Ambassador. This is honestly not going to break me but now it's a matter of principal with this company. They really just don't care anymore.
Just focus on getting the property to post the event in the Group Posting Tool correctly for the points on your spend. Bonvoy awards the nights, and not the property and Group Posting Tool is the mechanism. Focusing on nights is a distraction, especially with misinformed Bonvoy CSRs.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Just focus on getting the property to post the event in the Group Posting Tool correctly for the points on your spend. Bonvoy awards the nights, and not the property and Group Posting Tool is the mechanism. Focusing on nights is a distraction, especially with misinformed Bonvoy CSRs.
How to ensure that a property will use the Group Posting Tool properly?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Any recommended hotel properties near Houston Texas in terms of processing rewarding events?
i held an ‘event’ last year at Courtyard Houston Northwest and had no issues getting my nights for that meeting.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I told the event sales guy that as long as it was posted through the GPT it should work, I had to slightly hand hold him a bit. I would probably try to do an event at a pmMarriott brand rather than pmSPG, since the SPG folks are less likely to know how to do it correctly since it's not their legacy system, which may be the problem friscotrvlr ran into by doing it at a Le Meridian.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:12 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Simple, in the email i just said " Thank you for hosting my event. Please ensure you use the GPT to post my event as soon as possible"
If it goes well they will say "Sure i will use the GPT, wow you sure know our work procedures!"

I did 10 RFPs and all 10 were successful. (pre-merger)

Good luck.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Step 1. Do the meeting at a legacy Marriott brand hotel.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will try it at an ex-SPG hotel and then complain when it doesn't work out. Bonvoy is all about knowing how things ARE, not how things SHOULD BE.

Step 2. A meeting almost never happens without somebody from the hotel getting in touch. Reply by email "Do you use the Group Posting Tool?" This is rarely something that the meeting room managers are going to BS about. Either they know what it is and use it, or they don't and you'll pick up the vibe via email...
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Booking board room for 10 nights doubled

Has anyone booked a meeting/board room to get the 10 nights during the double elite night promo and get 20 elite nights? If possible!
Just seeing if anyone has any experience getting the 10 or 20 elite nights? My double elite night promo ends the 30th, so looking to do one this weekend if I can find a decent rate under $200 for 2 hrs and hope to get 20 nights.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yuel
Has anyone booked a meeting/board room to get the 10 nights during the double elite night promo and get 20 elite nights? If possible!
Just seeing if anyone has any experience getting the 10 or 20 elite nights? My double elite night promo ends the 30th, so looking to do one this weekend if I can find a decent rate under $200 for 2 hrs and hope to get 20 nights.
Unless your offer is different from mine, I think you can only get credit for stays, not events.

Get double Elite Night Credits - that’s one Elite Night Credit plus one additional Elite Night Credit for all youreligible nights.
*A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Registered Members can earn double Elite Night Credits on all eligible paid nights consumed during the promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”). Earning period starts the day after members register through the end of the month, plus an additional three (3) months (the “Earning Period”). Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–5 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. Registered Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. Nights stayed prior to enrollment are not eligible for this offer. Only one room per hotel is counted toward Registered Members’ nights. Credit toward this Promotion is given for nights consumed at participating Marriott hotels that occur within the Earning Period. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for the Promotion, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for the Promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Unless your offer is different from mine, I think you can only get credit for stays, not events.
thank you, I couldn’t find my email and searching in my phone didn’t help
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
They know how to use it, don't think too much about it.

I used to think just like you, and even in some countries were you wouldn't usually expect the full training I always found they know exactly what I'm talking about when mentioning the Group Posting Tool.
dagangwood and rustykettel like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by standing01
Booked a room using the "Book Now" feature on the Marriott Meeting/Events website, and already had the Sales Manager reach out asking if I needed any special equipment. She also confirmed that they would be using the GPT tool to post the meeting. She never sent over or mentioned anything about a contract though... Should I be asking her to send the contract in advance or would I review/sign it during my meeting?
Had my meeting during the weekend of Jun 14th, and still havent received the elite night credit as of today. I followed up with the sales manager and she indicated they are awaiting Manager approval, and once they provide it then it should automatically post through GPT. Unfortunately the manager has been out on a prolonged vacation.. Will post an update once it finally posts..
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:40 am

Just wanted to post a couple of data points. I had a meeting about 5 weeks ago at an ex-SPG property (Sheraton). The person claimed to know about the 10 nights and said the meeting would be entered into the GPT promptly (I think she said her manager had to do it and would do so after our meeting). I confirmed before and after the meeting that it would be done. 5 weeks later, no points.

I am hosting another meeting, and this time it's at a legacy Marriott property. The person helping me book (a) never received my RFP (b) doesn't know anything about the 10 nights and (c) seems to have never heard of the GPT. Yet he has been with Marriott for years and seems to be a pretty senior person in the sales department. I am going to keep pressing on this (our meeting is next week).

Will keep updating this as things develop... the first room was with my dad's Marriott number and the second one is mine. We probably are both going to reach Platinum and probably won't reach Titanium, so the 10 nights may not make a difference either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.