Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by jbarm
Good luck with that. Marriott has gone 'radio silent' after I asked last week to escalate my concerns about getting credit for an event in June.

According to them, your event doesn't qualify for the 10 nights because they ended the program in June. :-) I did get credit for an event in July though.

jb
Update: Received an email informing me that I have been awarded the 10 nights from June. They show up on my account.

Only took four months. :-)

Confirmed the new '10 day max' policy going forward as well

jb.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS Peon
Originally Posted by jbarm
Update: Received an email informing me that I have been awarded the 10 nights from June. They show up on my account.

Only took four months. :-)

Confirmed the new '10 day max' policy going forward as well

jb.
Did you contact them through email, or calling? And can you provide an email/phone number?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
has anybody tested

if the new program is NEW for anybody and everybody, including me, who already had two meetings prior to the rule change?

thanks
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:42 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xar
I'll go for Option 1.
- Stay at "Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Brampton" - 105 CAD a night with tax (or 315 for 3 nights)
- 1 hour meeting at Courtyard - 120 USD or 150 CAD with taxes.
Total expense for "13 nights" = CAD$465
I just saved you CAD$935 and the likelihood of getting suspended or scammed.
How would one go about booking that 1hr meeting? Which courtyard? The one downtown Toronto?

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Very interested how you got the ten nights (did the hotel award them or did corporate finally come through)? On the phone for about the 6th time yesterday and the rep swore it was the hotel’s responsibility to post the elite night credit. Sounded like he would take care of it as he stated “regardless we will work this out with the general manager of the property today”. However, it is a new day now and no phone or email replies. This is ridiculous that its Oct and my meeting was in Aug and still no resolution (ticket opened late Aug).
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Brosson
Very interested how you got the ten nights (did the hotel award them or did corporate finally come through)? On the phone for about the 6th time yesterday and the rep swore it was the hotel’s responsibility to post the elite night credit. Sounded like he would take care of it as he stated “regardless we will work this out with the general manager of the property today”. However, it is a new day now and no phone or email replies. This is ridiculous that its Oct and my meeting was in Aug and still no resolution (ticket opened late Aug).
As stated many times, it is a two step process. First, the property must post your meeting using the GPT. This triggers the points and signals MPG that the meeting was held. Second, MPG issues the nights. If the property does not post it MPG does not know to pay it. From the reports, MPG does not have the ability to issue the nights manually and will push back the property has to do it. The properties don't have a means to issue the nights and will say it is up to MPG. Finger Pointing 101 (it sorta mimics the SNAs where no one supposedly has the ability to make them happen).
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:51 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Handcake
How would one go about booking that 1hr meeting? Which courtyard? The one downtown Toronto?

Thanks for the help!
cheapest i found was Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Mississauga @ $100 CAD for an hour.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:38 am

Quick question, does the hotel charge the rental of the sale office? Thinking about using my Amex offer. Thank you!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I received an automated Marriott email today, indicating a September event at a property finally posted. For what it's worth, despite the contract saying the event would be posted by the property within 10 days it took one follow-up email and a full month for it to actually happen. This is the third property that I've worked with that seemingly posts events once per month.

Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Member: [Redacted]

THANK YOU FOR HOSTING YOUR RECENT MEETING OR EVENT WITH US.

This message confirms the following was posted to your account:

PROPERTY NAME: [Redacted]

EVENT DATES: 09/07/2018 - 09/07/2018

REFERENCE NUMBER: [Redacted]

DATE POSTED: 10/10/2018

BASE POINTS EARNED: 800
ELITE POINTS EARNED: 600
PURCHASED BONUS POINTS: 0
PURCHASED DOUBLE & TRIPLE POINTS: 0
TOTAL EARNED & PURCHASED POINTS: 1,400
ELITE QUALIFYING NIGHTS:

This meeting or event will count toward your qualification for Elite membership.
No nights even though this was my first event, both contracted after 8/18 and posted after 8/18. Also, it says the event counts toward elite qualification yet Marriott claims that events don't count toward ambassador spending. How does this count towards elite status if it doesn't count toward ambassador?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:14 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
No nights even though this was my first event, both contracted after 8/18 and posted after 8/18. Also, it says the event counts toward elite qualification yet Marriott claims that events don't count toward ambassador spending. How does this count towards elite status if it doesn't count toward ambassador?
Is this your first event for the year of 2018 ?
OR
Did you have prior events before the 8/18 merge and this is your first event after 8/18 merge?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Brosson
Corporate IT finally made the entry from the sounds of it. Hotel was unable to make the entry work and I know that Corporate contacted the hotel several times to make the change.

Emailed and called to try to resolve.

Funny thing is that I will make Plat Prem without these nights but I am a bit stubborn. :-)
Venezuela-Miami and Seabilly like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I received an automated Marriott email today, indicating a September event at a property finally posted. For what it's worth, despite the contract saying the event would be posted by the property within 10 days it took one follow-up email and a full month for it to actually happen. This is the third property that I've worked with that seemingly posts events once per month.

This is how my notification email looked in 2017
-----------------------
Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards member for your meeting & event business.

This message confirms the following was posted to your account:

Total points earned: 300
Date Posted: 05/xx/2017
Event Dates: 05/xx/2017 - 05/xx/2017
Property Name: xxxxx
Reference Number: xxxxx

This meeting or event will count toward your qualification for Elite membership.
Thank you for choosing Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards!
----------------------------
There was no mention of nights on the email, but they did post to my account. IIRC, the 300 points hit first and the 10 nights hit a few days later.

That was my first and only (so far) try at an awarding event and I showed up for the session. They didn't post until 2 weeks after the event.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by yeunganson
Is this your first event for the year of 2018 ?
OR
Did you have prior events before the 8/18 merge and this is your first event after 8/18 merge?
First event since 8/18.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
First event since 8/18.
I think the question was, have you done ANY rewarding events this year, before or after the merger on this account (or the combined account, if you've done that). Not that I agree with it, but if you've had any RE post then you're hosed until next year.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I think the question was, have you done ANY rewarding events this year, before or after the merger on this account (or the combined account, if you've done that). Not that I agree with it, but if you've had any RE post then you're hosed until next year.
Yes, I had events before 8/18 under the old program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.