Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AC E35, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I had booked a small meeting room today mostly for the 10 credits - There was a mix up and the room wasn't ready. They took care of it quickly and a manager (not the one I dealt with for the contract) was very apologetic and said that I wouldn't be charge for the room. I'm pretty sure that means I won't get the credits but what do you think?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by carauline
I had booked a small meeting room today mostly for the 10 credits - There was a mix up and the room wasn't ready. They took care of it quickly and a manager (not the one I dealt with for the contract) was very apologetic and said that I wouldn't be charge for the room. I'm pretty sure that means I won't get the credits but what do you think?
Yes, do not expect the night credit since there is no revenue to walk it through the system. Maybe get back with your original contact and see if they can process a small charge to help it through the system.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:26 am

FYI, non-millero (mileage obsessed) friend had an actual meeting at a Marriott and got his 10 elite nights rather quickly. 2-3 nights later.This was his first meeting of the year.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for stuff from July to post.
xar likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
FYI, non-millero (mileage obsessed) friend had an actual meeting at a Marriott and got his 10 elite nights rather quickly. 2-3 nights later.This was his first meeting of the year.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for stuff from July to post.
Good luck with that. Marriott has gone 'radio silent' after I asked last week to escalate my concerns about getting credit for an event in June.

According to them, your event doesn't qualify for the 10 nights because they ended the program in June. :-) I did get credit for an event in July though.

jb
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:55 pm

thanks for all the help...found solutions already

Last edited by musicscrip; Oct 4, 2018 at 10:26 pm
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip

So I am 13 nights away from being platinum and I am looking into two options:
1. Book a meeting and earn the 10 elite nights then book a hotel for 3 nights of stay
2. Buy the $1400 CAD plat status thing from ebay

Please help me decide which one is best for me as they will probably cost me about the same thing? I am located just outside of Toronto, Canada. Thank you!!!
Hitting you up, can help.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

1. Book a meeting and earn the 10 elite nights then book a hotel for 3 nights of stay

Please help me decide which one is best for me as they will probably cost me about the same thing? I am located just outside of Toronto, Canada. Thank you!!!
Is buying Plat status from eBay legit???

How in the world can you spend $1400 for 3 nights of hotels (book one of the Four Points or Fairfield Inn near the airport for $100/night), and a cheap 1 hour meeting ($100)?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:19 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Exclamation

I'll go for Option 1.
- Stay at "Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Brampton" - 105 CAD a night with tax (or 315 for 3 nights)
- 1 hour meeting at Courtyard - 120 USD or 150 CAD with taxes.
Total expense for "13 nights" = CAD$465
I just saved you CAD$935 and the likelihood of getting suspended or scammed.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I appreciate any help you can provide!
I’ve begun an email exchange with the events person at my local Courtyard. I need 12 nights to hit Plat status.
I hope to be able to organize a cheap meeting, have a 2 night getaway on points and get the status for next year.
Does anyone have any pointers in dealing with the hotel? I don’t want to seem too aggressive about the elite nights or do I be honest and say the elite nights are a motivation behind choosing the Courtyard for this small meeting? Do you have to give an explanation for why a small, short meeting?
This is my first “meeting”.
many thanks!

Last edited by Ontariotraveller; Oct 8, 2018 at 5:45 am Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:47 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller
I appreciate any help you can provide!
I’ve begun an email exchange with the events person at my local Courtyard. I need 12 nights to hit Plat status.
I hope to be able to organize a cheap meeting, have a 2 night getaway on points and get the status for next year.
Does anyone have any pointers in dealing with the hotel? I don’t want to seem too aggressive about the elite nights or do I be honest and say the elite nights are a motivation behind choosing the Courtyard for this small meeting? Do you have to give an explanation for why a small, short meeting?
This is my first “meeting”.
many thanks!
Just do it, get some sort of contract or room-order, and don't worry about the nights. If the nights don't post, contact the hotel after the fact and ask them to post the event with the Group Posting Tool. I never had a problem doing it that way.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stc
Just do it, get some sort of contract or room-order, and don't worry about the nights. If the nights don't post, contact the hotel after the fact and ask them to post the event with the Group Posting Tool. I never had a problem doing it that way.
Thanks! I’m feeling a little sheepish about my upcoming interaction with this event person at the hotel thinking they will be onto my scheme! Do you need to give much explanation?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:28 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller

Thanks! I’m feeling a little sheepish about my upcoming interaction with this event person at the hotel thinking they will be onto my scheme! Do you need to give much explanation?
I've never had to give an explanation even when booking a meeting for 2 at 6 AM. I would suggest that properties know that the game is afoot and it doesn't matter to them as it is a little extra revenue for them (and possibly points towards quotas). (I would suggest asking of a small meeting room for 2 people - they are generally cheaper.)
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:48 am

Do you actually even need to show up?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
depends on the hotel.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:59 pm
stc

I've never had to show up. But, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.