Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:11 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks @bungonia for the data point. And welcome to (posting on) FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by benzylamine
Hello,

Just want to get some DP about the event elite nights? Has anyone successfully received elite nights yet? i heard it only awards 10 nights for first event. What if someone stayed before merger, and stayed again after merge?

Thank you
I had four meetings pre-merge, all billed and paid for pre-merge, all attempted (according to the hotels) to be entered into the GPT pre-merge. One of the four was successfully entered into the GPT pre-merge, and I received 10 EQNs for that meeting. The other three didn't hit the system until after the merge (even though two were in mid-July). Once those meetings were correctly entered, I received the standard e-mail confirmation, and points, but 0 EQNs for the post-merge entries. So my experience is that if you had any meetings pre-merge then those count as your "first event", and all post-merge meetings get no EQNs, at least until next year.

I am fighting to get those nights credited. So far it's been something like 12 calls over the span of six weeks, and things have been escalated about as high as they can go, but still no nights. Everyone I've talked with says that yes, I should get the EQNs, but there doesn't appear to be anyone that is capable of updating my account. Quite frustrating. At the very least, I now have a direct phone number and a contact, so I'm avoiding the hold times and explaining myself to a new associate each time I call.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rmagritte
I had four meetings pre-merge, all billed and paid for pre-merge, all attempted (according to the hotels) to be entered into the GPT pre-merge. One of the four was successfully entered into the GPT pre-merge, and I received 10 EQNs for that meeting. The other three didn't hit the system until after the merge (even though two were in mid-July). Once those meetings were correctly entered, I received the standard e-mail confirmation, and points, but 0 EQNs for the post-merge entries. So my experience is that if you had any meetings pre-merge then those count as your "first event", and all post-merge meetings get no EQNs, at least until next year.

I am fighting to get those nights credited. So far it's been something like 12 calls over the span of six weeks, and things have been escalated about as high as they can go, but still no nights. Everyone I've talked with says that yes, I should get the EQNs, but there doesn't appear to be anyone that is capable of updating my account. Quite frustrating. At the very least, I now have a direct phone number and a contact, so I'm avoiding the hold times and explaining myself to a new associate each time I call.
Things are still in a scramble mode. I wouldn't surprise me if they haven't released the manual edit mode. Given you have made the contacts, there shouldn't be a problem getting the changes made once edit has been enabled. Keep good notes with names, dates, and discussions and keep repeating contact say monthly. Also track any missing credits that would have been due had they been able to update the account in a timely matter. Yes, it's a lot of work, but your only other choice is to let it pass.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan

Same here. It's been 3 weeks with an open case, and multiple calls. All agents agree that i should be getting my missing nights any day now, and they keep blaming the hotel. I doubt it has anything to do with the hotel, they submitted my event on time, and i even received an email from marriottrewards with the event details. Still, of my 2 events, only the first 10 EQNs posted, second event posted after the merge, so im sure it has to do with the system blocking it somehow.

I'm getting tired of this waiting game. Last week i was told the hotel had to fix the issue otherwise they would get penalized. A week later i was told the same thing. And im sure the hotel must not be very happy with all the pressure Marriott is putting on them.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

I had five meetings at legacy Marriott properties on the books before August 1, 2018. I have it in writing from a senior Marriott executive that all of these will receive the 10 elite-qualifying nights. So, keep escalating.

I also had two legacy SPG meetings with contracts that gave me triple SPG points on the books before August 1, 2018. I'm waiting to see how this will be handled because -- if my math is right -- pre-8/18, 1 SPG point was 3 Marriott points. So, 1 SPG would be 9 Marriott points under a triple SPG points contract. Right? In other words, if I was to receive 20,000 SPG points because of an event but the hotel multiplied that by three to 60,000 SPG points then 60,000 SPG points would be 180,000 Marriott points. Right?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I had five meetings at legacy Marriott properties on the books before August 1, 2018. I have it in writing from a senior Marriott executive that all of these will receive the 10 elite-qualifying nights. So, keep escalating.

I also had two legacy SPG meetings with contracts that gave me triple SPG points on the books before August 1, 2018. I'm waiting to see how this will be handled because -- if my math is right -- pre-8/18, 1 SPG point was 3 Marriott points. So, 1 SPG would be 9 Marriott points under a triple SPG points contract. Right? In other words, if I was to receive 20,000 SPG points because of an event but the hotel multiplied that by three to 60,000 SPG points then 60,000 SPG points would be 180,000 Marriott points. Right?
Three months out from a meeting in mid-June that has yet to be credited for the 10 nights. Have been promised umpteen times that I would get the credit to no avail.

Have seen a couple of attempts entered into system to get the 10 nights but zero nights credited.

Have had the same CSR working on it for the last 3 weeks but not successful yet. At least I have her emails as documentation!

We are low priority given the consolidation fiasco and hurricanes. Patience young padawans. :-)

jb
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
I'm really glad I wrapped up my meetings before July...everything posted properly and in some cases even before the meeting date. I always followed the advice contained in the legacy "plat in 8 nights" thread and never had an issue. I wonder how many of the folks who didn't receive the 10 night credit have an actual meeting contract that clearly defines the 10 night credit. If you have a signed contract I can't imagine the credits not being posted eventually. Without a contract though... Unless you do a ton of biz with Marriott and/or they were legitimate meetings, interviews, etc... I put that at 50/50...
dsquared37 and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:25 pm

New to here, need 10 nights to achieve my platinum. So what I need to do is visit https://www.marriott.com/meetings-events and submit a RFP. I think a 4 people, 1 hour meeting is enough and cost the less? What happen next is getting quotes from hotels by email, reach them and discuss about the quotes. Do I need to prepare the contract? Is there anything I need to pay attention? Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:19 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by taiquanxx
New to here, need 10 nights to achieve my platinum. So what I need to do is visit https://www.marriott.com/meetings-events and submit a RFP. I think a 4 people, 1 hour meeting is enough and cost the less? What happen next is getting quotes from hotels by email, reach them and discuss about the quotes. Do I need to prepare the contract? Is there anything I need to pay attention? Thank you!
Suggest to approach those hotels that publish their rates online and work from there. Also, given that your meeting is only for an hour, the publish rates should be halved before taxes.
If you book thru the website, they should be sending you a contract to sign after you input your credit card details.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
I am genuinely pissed I love how I was stuck with 100% of the bills the moment I signed the agreement, but they get to be all willy nilly on their end. I was sorta counting on getting 20 nights for two events totaling on $33,250 (which I was obligated the moment I signed the agreement) - but guess I am not getting any.

Kicking myself big for not going with Hyatt - which would have guaranteed 120,000 WoH pts for $30k spend (that's worth $3 - 5k to me). Now I am going to get 60,000 Marriott points which is worth what, four nights at a Courtyard and zero elite nights?

Hyatt T&Cs are crystal clear.

Last edited by samwise6222; Sep 19, 2018 at 10:38 am
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by xar
Suggest to approach those hotels that publish their rates online and work from there. Also, given that your meeting is only for an hour, the publish rates should be halved before taxes.
If you book thru the website, they should be sending you a contract to sign after you input your credit card details.
Thanks for the reply! If I also need a guest room and I tell them when I request the quotes. Any chance I am getting discount for the guest room? Or just the same as I book through the website.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Thanks for the reply! If I also need a guest room and I tell them when I request the quotes. Any chance I am getting discount for the guest room? Or just the same as I book through the website.
Generally unless you're booking 10+ rooms they will just tell you to book through the website, at least that is what has always happened to me.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:35 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by samwise6222
I am genuinely pissed I love how I was stuck with 100% of the bills the moment I signed the agreement, but they get to be all willy nilly on their end. I was sorta counting on getting 20 nights for two events totaling on $33,250 (which I was obligated the moment I signed the agreement) - but guess I am not getting any.
I hope the event was successful and the most important part of the agreement - ie venue, the service at the event, the catering...etc went smoothly.

If I didn't 20 nights and that was enough to be roll-eyed pissed, I can imagine having a heart attack if things go wrong or hotel didn't perform up to expectations during the actual event.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:11 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Not sure about room discounts, but you do get additional night credit per x room if your meeting requires room bookings.
In any case, do raise this with the banquet/events manager once your meeting request has been submitted.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by xar
Not sure about room discounts, but you do get additional night credit per x room if your meeting requires room bookings.
In any case, do raise this with the banquet/events manager once your meeting request has been submitted.
Thanks! I do mention this when I submitted it. Let's see what happen next. Will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.