Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:01 pm

Marriott is not helping us out after 3 weeks. Its been a month since my meeting. I am losing out on status benefits. Marriott why?? We are entitled to the 10 nights

No customer service whatsoever
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:12 pm

Who can we contact to get refund on Rewarding Events? (Marriott lied)

Hi, does anyone know anyone to contact to get a refund on rewarding events meetings?

Marriott is not honoring the old t&c for people who booked and held their meeting before the merger (but had it post after due to delays) despite telling us otherwise. If we had known the meeting would not award 10 elite qualifying nights, we would not book.

Anyone we can contact or follow this up with that will allow us to gain our nights back?

Marriott has no response at all to several queries after a month, customer phone service tells us to get lost or email the issue.

I am extremely disappointed in Marriott, I would like to get a refund on these as a matter of principle. Who can we fight against since Marriott is refusing to acknowledge us at all after a month and is brushing us under the rug.

Marriott customer service is extremely poor and this is borderline scamming the customers who booked the events over a few EQN that won't affect them much at all but that we are entitled to.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mingzie
Marriott customer service is extremely poor and this is borderline scamming the customers who booked the events over a few EQN that won't affect them much at all but that we are entitled to.
Did Marriott not provide a venue for your meeting?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
what did they lie about? Marriott said that only your first meeting after the 18th would give 10 EQNs. was this your first meeting?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by stant
what did they lie about? Marriott said that only your first meeting after the 18th would give 10 EQNs. was this your first meeting?
All meetings were booked and took place before the merger. As stated by Marriott, meetings before the merger would have the old t & c honoured.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Did Marriott not provide a venue for your meeting?
That is like saying. Iberia can freely offer a 9000 point per ticket promotion.

When Iberia refuses to give the 9000 points.

"Did Iberia not provide a flight for your booking"
jrm68 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
All meetings were booked and took place before the merger. As stated by Marriott, meetings before the merger would have the old t & c honoured.
WELL... the new t&c says that anyone found to be abusing the program can be subject to having their membership revoked.
do you REALLY want to press the subject, or was this a legit meeting set up by a professional meeting planner (you)?
fdem likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:38 pm

WELL... the new t&c says that anyone found to be abusing the program can be subject to having their membership revoked.
do you REALLY want to press the subject, or was this a legit meeting set up by a professional meeting planner (you)?
How is that abusing the program?

We held the event, attended the event, didn't get our EQN.

Nowhere does it say you have to be a 'professional meeting planner'. Just that you planned and booked the meeting.

Please stop defending this company. They created the rules and we played by them.

I have an invoice and email proof. In fact gimme a minute and we can find the official communication from Marriott about this issue.

I'll happily get my membership revoked to fight for what I deserve, all it would achieve is show what a scumbag company this is
jrm68 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If the meetings were booked & took place before 8/18, I would expect the original T&Cs to be honored.

Maybe it's just me but I don't automatically jump to someone abusing the system. If the OP booked his/her events according to the legit T&Cs at the time & did the appropriate things, then s/he should expect to have them honored.

To the OP - escalate the issue.

Cheers.
GUWonder and jrm68 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If the meetings were booked & took place before 8/18, I would expect the original T&Cs to be honored.

Maybe it's just me but I don't automatically jump to someone abusing the system. If the OP booked his/her events according to the legit T&Cs at the time & did the appropriate things, then s/he should expect to have them honored.

Cheers.

​​​​​​Hi, I do not know how to escalate the issue. I've called Marriott ten times, I have three support tickets open.

No reply to any communication channels whatsoever. It feels like a black hole and we were left in a ditch to die.

Not a single person has had their pre Aug 18 meeting honored or query responded to. Marriott is just brushing this under the rug and ignoring anyone affected..
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Arne Sorenson is the CEO. You can email him. He won't read it but his exec assistants will & they'll see that it gets to the appropriate person to resolve. Make the email short/sweet/to the point. Don't say Marriott lied; say there's a misunderstanding that you hope they can resolve - do point out all this took place pre-08/18 & that you would appreciate their help in getting the appropriate things credited. His email is first name dot last name @ marriott dot com.
GUWonder, RogerD408 and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:54 pm

How is that abusing the program?

Nowhere does it say you have to be a 'professional meeting planner'. Just that you planned and booked the meeting.

I'll happily get my membership revoked to fight for what I deserve, all it would achieve is show what a scumbag company this is
i guess marriot decided they didnt want people booking meetings only to get EQNs

in the copy of the new TOS is DOES say you need to be a professional meeting planner, or some similar wording.

If you are happy to get your account revoked to stand up for what you believe in, so be it, but I'd call that cutting off one's nose to spite their face. You obviously care about status, otherwise you wouldnt be complaining about these 10 EQNs.

I'm not so much as defending them, rather questioning if the juice is worth the squeeze...
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
Well - I've regularly seen people talk about booking meetings specifically as a way to easily get status by essentially buying cheap EQNs. it's been talked about here, and on various travel blogs. And even if the poster in question *IS* legit, the new T&C give marriot a loophole big enough to drive a semi through should they want to take action against a member. And for that reason I'd be wary about making too much noise on this particular subject. And i'm the sort who normally holds a business to task when it comes to doing what they said they would.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:59 pm

i guess marriot decided they didnt want people booking meetings only to get EQNs

in the copy of the new TOS is DOES say you need to be a professional meeting planner, or some similar wording.

If you are happy to get your account revoked to stand up for what you believe in, so be it, but I'd call that cutting off one's nose to spite their face. You obviously care about status, otherwise you wouldnt be complaining about these 10 EQNs.

I'm not so much as defending them, rather questioning if the juice is worth the squeeze...
Again, you are talking about post 18 Aug t and c. None of which apply to our cases.

I never said I didn't care about status. Stop putting words into other peoples mouths. I said I'd rather lose my account (FOR DOING WHAT BY THE WAY?) then suffer an injustice. Just like if a hotel overcharged me $500 and Marriott refuses to refund (which is practically the same thing in this case as their side wasn't honored) I'd rather chargeback and lose my account and get the refund then being scared about a ban.

Geez, no logic whatsoever. To each their own, your opinion is irrelevant because its us losing out, not you.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET

We held the event, attended the event, didn't get our EQN.

Curious ... what kind of event? Presumably you had a decent catering bill for your group. I'm also assuming the venue worked with you on the AV, parking, room organization, etc.

If you could provide that information, others could provide more insight into your situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.