FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1924217-marriott-bonvoy-events-program-between-aug-18-2018-end-2019-a.html)

Kacee May 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin Xie (Post 31118177)
Am I getting bonvoyed ? :rolleyes:

It appears someone (either Marriott or the property) is applying conditions which are not contained in the Bonvoy T&C.

nacho May 20, 2019 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31118512)
It appears someone (either Marriott or the property) is applying conditions which are not contained in the Bonvoy T&C.

Either that or they have changed the T&C quietly.

dimon84 May 20, 2019 7:00 am

I booked a meeting event via phone call and signed the contract for a hour meeting room for 2 people. And it's been a month that it didn't post. I request the hotel and got this email reply. Am I getting bonvoyed ? :rolleyes:

Good Evening Mr. XXX,

I just wanted to reach out to you concerning your email. I left you a voicemail after Customer Care opened and then automatically closed the case. I spoke with the Customer Care line on the 9th who informed me that your meeting did not meet the qualifications for the 10 free nights which is completed through Marriott's channels. We did administer the points and you sent an email of receipt of those points for booking the meeting space. According to Marriott, the stipulations of receiving the 10 free nights are as follows: must request an RFP from 3 hotels, must book and complete an all day meeting with the hotel that was chosen, must also have a group of at least 5 rooms in addition to the meeting. These qualifications were not met for your meeting that occurred here at our hotel. I'm not sure who in your organization was able to get the free nights but again, that isn't through the hotel but through Marriott and they stipulate who receives that benefit. After speaking with them, I immediately called the phone number we had on your contract and left a voicemail detailing my conversation with Customer Care. I apologise for any confusion you have experienced. Please feel free to call and speak with myself or my general manager if you have any further questions. Thank you and have a good evening.

Kindest Regards,

XXXXX
Sent from my iPhone

whaaaat? Where does it state anything like that on the t+c of the bonvoy program? I looked through it 4 days ago.

craigthemif May 20, 2019 7:01 am

I booked a meeting event via phone call and signed the contract for a hour meeting room for 2 people. And it's been a month that it didn't post. I request the hotel and got this email reply. Am I getting bonvoyed ? :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31118512)

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 31119043)

No apparent changes to the T&Cs. Looks like you were Bonvoyed. Tough to imagine how to escalate...

I'd speculate that the hotel didn't use the Group Posting Tool properly (or at all), then called some random CS agent at Bonvoy (perhaps ex-SPG) who made up their own interpretation of the rules.

kaizen7 May 20, 2019 8:10 am

Perhaps reporting directly to Marriott CS miiight help ......

Kacee May 20, 2019 8:24 am

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 31119043)

They have not. I read the T&C before posting.

JfromTheBay May 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31119339)
No apparent changes to the T&Cs. Looks like you were Bonvoyed. Tough to imagine how to escalate...

I'd speculate that the hotel didn't use the Group Posting Tool properly (or at all), then called some random CS agent at Bonvoy (perhaps ex-SPG) who made up their own interpretation of the rules.

That's exactly what it sounds like.. I agree with Craig and Kacee...

@Kevin Xie
You can try to fight it and see if the hotel can fix their mistake, Im thinking they wont be able to very easily. I could be wrong but it sounds like the management has no clue so its going to take a few weeks. This route is guaranteed to be more headaches and a lot of calls and emails explaining the situation.

or

Just find another property that can schedule a meeting and make sure its done properly. Always ask when they will use the group posting tool and when nights will posts. Consider the previous meeting as a learning experience and move on. This is my suggestion, I know it sucks and you take a L for the previous meeting.. But its no headache and you learned.

So it depends how mad you are? Fight or just move on.. Cost wise im guessing your still under $200 for 10 nights.. Still good deal.

Kevin Xie May 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by JfromTheBay (Post 31120448)
That's exactly what it sounds like.. I agree with Craig and Kacee...

@Kevin Xie
You can try to fight it and see if the hotel can fix their mistake, Im thinking they wont be able to very easily. I could be wrong but it sounds like the management has no clue so its going to take a few weeks. This route is guaranteed to be more headaches and a lot of calls and emails explaining the situation.

or

Just find another property that can schedule a meeting and make sure its done properly. Always ask when they will use the group posting tool and when nights will posts. Consider the previous meeting as a learning experience and move on. This is my suggestion, I know it sucks and you take a L for the previous meeting.. But its no headache and you learned.

So it depends how mad you are? Fight or just move on.. Cost wise im guessing your still under $200 for 10 nights.. Still good deal.

Yeah I was going to do both way since I can't make time for the hour meeting ( living in nyc all properties are expensive so I have to go out of my way to make it ), I also called the property and they insisted that they posted it on group posting tool already so I have no clue if they are lying or they just fked it up or Marriott side is derping lol

P.S anyone know what is the actual proper way to file via group posting tool? So that I can ask if they did make mistake and see if they can fix it

ecgz88 May 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by JfromTheBay (Post 31116356)
Yes. There are plenty. I suggest you read the older threads, they have all the answers.

Which old thread are you referring to?
Thanks!

myperks May 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88 (Post 31121243)
Which old thread are you referring to?
Thanks!

probably this one
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-required.html

dimon84 May 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin Xie (Post 31120534)
Yeah I was going to do both way since I can't make time for the hour meeting ( living in nyc all properties are expensive so I have to go out of my way to make it ), I also called the property and they insisted that they posted it on group posting tool already so I have no clue if they are lying or they just fked it up or Marriott side is derping lol

P.S anyone know what is the actual proper way to file via group posting tool? So that I can ask if they did make mistake and see if they can fix it

Somebody posted a manual here. Scroll up the replies

capekid May 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Anyone have a recommendation for any hotels in NY that always do a good job handling this? I'll also be in Coral Gables too.

stc May 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by capekid (Post 31121974)
Anyone have a recommendation for any hotels in NY that always do a good job handling this? I'll also be in Coral Gables too.

Again I ask why NY? You don't need to show up.

joakgarp May 21, 2019 12:48 am

Anyone know if the 10 nights from an event will update the lifetime night counter?

xar May 21, 2019 1:25 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp (Post 31122368)
Anyone know if the 10 nights from an event will update the lifetime night counter?

Yes it adds up to your lifetime nights.