Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by stc
Again I ask why NY? You don't need to show up.
I have a business, and was actually going to use it
Old May 21, 2019, 1:48 pm

I've called 15 Courtyards and all of them gave me the same answer. "We do not participate in this Promotion"
Old May 21, 2019, 9:18 pm

Angry Frustrating experience

I held a meeting a month ago and made sure to sign a contract with my Bonvoy number attached. I also made sure that the event coordinator used the group planning tool after I held my event. When I tried to follow up with the hotel today they thought it was ridiculous that I thought I thought I would get ten elite nights for a $75 dollar meeting and I'll only be getting "like 10 points". This was at a four points hotel which should be apart of the rewarding event program.

I have started a case with Bonvoy and reached out to them on twitter but it seems like it's going nowhere. Any advice on how I could escalate this?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by capekid
I've called 15 Courtyards and all of them gave me the same answer. "We do not participate in this Promotion"

https://www.marriott.com/meetings-ev...find-hotels.mi

I just did a quick search there are 4-5 courtyards in NY. Just search online best bet is lower category.. request RFP. Once you send in request before you sign contract verify with them they use the group posting tool. Done
Old May 21, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Joel Peru
I held a meeting a month ago and made sure to sign a contract with my Bonvoy number attached. I also made sure that the event coordinator used the group planning tool after I held my event. When I tried to follow up with the hotel today they thought it was ridiculous that I thought I thought I would get ten elite nights for a $75 dollar meeting and I'll only be getting "like 10 points". This was at a four points hotel which should be apart of the rewarding event program.

I have started a case with Bonvoy and reached out to them on twitter but it seems like it's going nowhere. Any advice on how I could escalate this?

Most hotel staff dont know about the meetings, you have to deal with the event coordinator directly. Do you have their email? Email them and follow up with them. Did you get confirmation of 10 nights email? Thats your best bet. If this doesnt solve within a few weeks, just find another hotel and move on.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Joel Peru

The event coordinator at the hotel is the only person who can fix this. Not Bonvoy...

Another lesson to be taken (for when you almost inevitably have to try again with a different hotel) is that it's a bit much to expect that ex-SPG hotels - who used a completely different system pre-2018 - to get it all right with a Group Posting Tool they've probably never seen before and likely never received training for.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:47 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skyline101
Anyone know which properties offer low rates enough to a “meeting run” to get the 10 elite night?
I have had luck with suburban Marriotts and even suburban AC Hotels in cities like Boston and Atlanta. I have never bothered to submit an RFP. I have looked online for 1 hour meetings at about 6 - 8 AM mostly on Saturdays and Sundays about 2-4 weeks out. I have paid anywhere from $75 to $150 plus tax and service charge.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:56 pm

I was going to book a book a meeting room at a Courtyard for a couple of hours, but the Sales Manager insists that all I will get are a small number of points but no stay credits. How can I ensure that he draws up the contract in such a way that I also get the stay credits?
Old May 23, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by JasWon
I was going to book a book a meeting room at a Courtyard for a couple of hours, but the Sales Manager insists that all I will get are a small number of points but no stay credits. How can I ensure that he draws up the contract in such a way that I also get the stay credits?

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old May 23, 2019, 8:35 am

Merely providing a link to a 100+ page thread, without adding any information is not very helpful!
Old May 23, 2019, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Things is, you need to know one of those cooperating properties that let you do 1 hour no-show meetings for $50-$100. Nobody is gonna spoonfeed that here in public
JfromTheBay likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Merely providing a link to a 100+ page thread, without adding any information is not very helpful!
There's a very helpful Wiki that walks you through the process.

Last edited by dgreen12; May 23, 2019 at 10:10 am
Old May 23, 2019, 1:02 pm

You noticed no one answered your question but me? You should ask yourself why? Maybe because everyone here puts in the time and effort to learn and try for themselves, you should ask yourself "why is there a 100+ page thread on the subject you're looking at?". Maybe if you spent an hour you would understand the thread literally gives you instructions on how to do everything without wasting anyone else's time. I hope this was more helpful!
Old May 23, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeorplan E 75, Marriott Rewards Plat
I booked a reception and the only available space was in private area of the hotel restaurant. The event went well and I settled up for about $1600 with the restaurant. when I asked about the rewarding events I was told by the catering manager was "What I have found out is because this has been processed through the restaurant and not a Catered event in a Banquet room we are not able to add points for this type of event." They offered me 5k points but I'm really more interested in the 10 elite nights as this will get me close to 75 for the year. Anyone else have a similar experience or am I SOL.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by yyjregular
I booked a reception and the only available space was in private area of the hotel restaurant. The event went well and I settled up for about $1600 with the restaurant. when I asked about the rewarding events I was told by the catering manager was "What I have found out is because this has been processed through the restaurant and not a Catered event in a Banquet room we are not able to add points for this type of event." They offered me 5k points but I'm really more interested in the 10 elite nights as this will get me close to 75 for the year. Anyone else have a similar experience or am I SOL.
Usually, the 10 nights is included in the contract upfront, not something negotiated after the fact. From my POV, you are SOL. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.