Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Any suggestions on properties that are bookable online and that are cheap?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Any suggestions on properties that are bookable online and that are cheap?
It's very very location dependent.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
Just wanted to post a couple of data points. I had a meeting about 5 weeks ago at an ex-SPG property (Sheraton). The person claimed to know about the 10 nights and said the meeting would be entered into the GPT promptly (I think she said her manager had to do it and would do so after our meeting). I confirmed before and after the meeting that it would be done. 5 weeks later, no points.

I am hosting another meeting, and this time it's at a legacy Marriott property. The person helping me book (a) never received my RFP (b) doesn't know anything about the 10 nights and (c) seems to have never heard of the GPT. Yet he has been with Marriott for years and seems to be a pretty senior person in the sales department. I am going to keep pressing on this (our meeting is next week).

Will keep updating this as things develop... the first room was with my dad's Marriott number and the second one is mine. We probably are both going to reach Platinum and probably won't reach Titanium, so the 10 nights may not make a difference either way.
Follow up - still no posting from the meeting 5ish weeks ago. As for the second meeting, the person confirmed that I will get 10 nights, that it will be processed using GPT and said I'll get the nights 6-8 weeks later. She also asked, "Is this your very first meeting at any Marriott all year?" so it seemed like she actually understood the 'first meeting' rule (unlike others who had no idea about anything). If it is relevant, although the RFP was sent locally, the booking is being handled by someone at Marriott corporate. I don't know why.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
I don't know how anyone else is doing with the new RFP system, but I never get responses anymore. I have to personally call properties to secure meeting rooms and often have to call whoever they have outsourced it to at the management companies. It's become a real PITA, and I actually have a business need for the meeting rooms.

I held a meeting at the Aloft Love Field in March (that was a complete disaster). I contacted Titanium care about all of the issues and they offered 10k points as a goodwill gesture, but the elite nights and actual point earnings have not posted. The entire Aloft staff refused to respond to emails from corporate and customer care finally just followed up with the goodwill gesture. I uploaded the folio to the missing stay request for the first meeting, but nothing has posted.

I held two meetings in June at a Courtyard in Dallas. No points posted. No elite credits. No receipt provided. (I know you can only get the elite credits once, but seeing as how none of them have posted, I'd like to get the one of them to post.) The Courtyard staff directs me to their outside sales staff.

At this point, where is the best place to turn for support?

Side note: Does anyone have any positive experiences with meeting staff in the North Dallas / Addison area? I need to book a couple of weeks of meeting rooms but this year has been an absolute disaster in terms of service at the property level.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by WalruSara
I don't know how anyone else is doing with the new RFP system, but I never get responses anymore. I have to personally call properties to secure meeting rooms and often have to call whoever they have outsourced it to at the management companies. It's become a real PITA, and I actually have a business need for the meeting rooms.

I held a meeting at the Aloft Love Field in March (that was a complete disaster). I contacted Titanium care about all of the issues and they offered 10k points as a goodwill gesture, but the elite nights and actual point earnings have not posted. The entire Aloft staff refused to respond to emails from corporate and customer care finally just followed up with the goodwill gesture. I uploaded the folio to the missing stay request for the first meeting, but nothing has posted.

I held two meetings in June at a Courtyard in Dallas. No points posted. No elite credits. No receipt provided. (I know you can only get the elite credits once, but seeing as how none of them have posted, I'd like to get the one of them to post.) The Courtyard staff directs me to their outside sales staff.

At this point, where is the best place to turn for support?

Side note: Does anyone have any positive experiences with meeting staff in the North Dallas / Addison area? I need to book a couple of weeks of meeting rooms but this year has been an absolute disaster in terms of service at the property level.
This is my first time hosting a meeting, but I had previously submitted an RFP through the older system (maybe 2-3 times actually). Every time it worked perfectly. I wound up not pulling the trigger on the meetings for various reasons but the RFP system worked fine.

This time, when I actually held two meetings, the RFP system worked at a Sheraton (although that may have been the older system). The meeting I just had at a Marriott was definitely with the new RFP system and it was a disaster. Only 1 hotel even received the RFP (a Westin). The Marriott I eventually booked at never did receive it, and they spent some time "trying to figure out what happened." I only connected with them because I called. We'll see when/if the nights post - although I've been told they will post in GPT and they seemed aware of the 10 nights...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by WalruSara
I don't know how anyone else is doing with the new RFP system, but I never get responses anymore.
Ditto.

I am at 8 years Plat and trying to get lifetime status before I retire next year. Getting 50 nights is a challenge and I could use 10 nights credit for a meeting. I'm having the same issue as WalruSara.

I have submitted three RFPs, two in Wilmington, NC and one for Raleigh for what is basically a dummy meeting - listing it as interviews for three people for an hour in a meeting room. In each RFP I listed three properties. I got a response one time from a Fairfield (board room was occupied that day) but nothing from the other eight properties.

I'm willing to pay for a meeting room to earn the credits. Anyone have any thoughts? List the meeting as two hours instead of one? Seven people not three? Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by dwcatty
I'm willing to pay for a meeting room to earn the credits. Anyone have any thoughts? List the meeting as two hours instead of one? Seven people not three? Any thoughts appreciated.
I had the same issue that RFPs went totally ignored.

I contacted the hotels I was interested in directly, and they always responded to a direct email.

Then just requested meeting room rate for an hours meeting and ensured it would be posted via the Group Posting Tool and it worked fine
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:46 am

So I've had my meeting, confirmed the hotel has used the GPT, and have received the automatic email through (2 days ago) showing how many points and the 10 qualifying nights. How long now until these actually appear in my Bonvoy account?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:51 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by FlyingMoonwards
So I've had my meeting, confirmed the hotel has used the GPT, and have received the automatic email through (2 days ago) showing how many points and the 10 qualifying nights. How long now until these actually appear in my Bonvoy account?
if you got the email, it should reflect in your account at the same time to.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by xar
if you got the email, it should reflect in your account at the same time to.
Got the email on Friday - nothing in my account yet today (Sunday)...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
Follow up - still no posting from the meeting 5ish weeks ago. As for the second meeting, the person confirmed that I will get 10 nights, that it will be processed using GPT and said I'll get the nights 6-8 weeks later. She also asked, "Is this your very first meeting at any Marriott all year?" so it seemed like she actually understood the 'first meeting' rule (unlike others who had no idea about anything). If it is relevant, although the RFP was sent locally, the booking is being handled by someone at Marriott corporate. I don't know why.
Got the confirmation today, July 22, from my meeting on July 9. Still nothing from the meeting in May.

EVENT DATES: 07/09/2019 - 07/09/2019
REFERENCE NUMBER: xxxxxxx
DATE POSTED: 07/22/2019

BASE POINTS EARNED: 670
ELITE POINTS EARNED: 335
PURCHASED BONUS POINTS: 0
PURCHASED DOUBLE & TRIPLE POINTS: 0
TOTAL EARNED & PURCHASED POINTS: 1,005
ELITE QUALIFYING NIGHTS: 10
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:27 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Has anyone had elite nights post from their assembled total group nights? I know it's supposed to be 1 elite night per 20 room nights consumed, but I've not had a single elite night from that calculation post to my account.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:12 am

Just heard from a BKK Marriott rep insisting to me that in order to get the 10 EQN first booking bonus, I need to book a meeting package for at least 15 attendees. From what I can tell there hasn't been any sort of minimum attendance / spending required?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
If I had an event with 5 rooms booked, should I get the 10 night credit or no? They're telling me I needed to have a min of 10 rooms booked.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pete.th
Just heard from a BKK Marriott rep insisting to me that in order to get the 10 EQN first booking bonus, I need to book a meeting package for at least 15 attendees. From what I can tell there hasn't been any sort of minimum attendance / spending required?
Originally Posted by seegs
If I had an event with 5 rooms booked, should I get the 10 night credit or no? They're telling me I needed to have a min of 10 rooms booked.
There is no requirement to book hotel rooms.

Don't worry what reps are saying, since the elite nights are given out by Marriott corporate. The magic words are always and only "group posting tool". Without a rep knowing how to use GPT, you will face weeks of aggro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.