Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SET codes HELP, SPG and Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canael
Since they merged the programs oftentimes I see the lowest category room available but at a much higher price than the negotiated rate. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes - have been saying for a year now...SET rates w/Marriott codes are terrible
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
In the SPG matrix, it's always funny to see discount rates to be higher than the regular rates.

Of course now, since it's a single search engine pulling from two databases, it's hard to see the spg corp rate for spg properties until you click on the hotel and then change the rates again. Plus ... my I misplaced my SET code 😥😥
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
In the SPG matrix, it's always funny to see discount rates to be higher than the regular rates.

Of course now, since it's a single search engine pulling from two databases, it's hard to see the spg corp rate for spg properties until you click on the hotel and then change the rates again. Plus ... my I misplaced my SET code 😥😥
Read the last response here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...-marriott.html
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:35 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
I just did a test using my old SPG SET code for the Sheraton New York.

On Sheraton App, SET code still worked just fine. On Marriott App SET code also worked just fine.
Same rates appeared on both sites, same 5 digit numeric code on both sites. Rate difference compared to no code was $130.

Only oddity was during the Marriott search you have to actual “add” the SET code meaning you don’t just type the SET code into the code box, an add button appears on the right and you have to press it to add code to the search rates then make sure it’s got a check mark beside it on the drop down list of rates.

Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Originally Posted by Bigshaker
I just did a test using my old SPG SET code for the Sheraton New York.

On Sheraton App, SET code still worked just fine. On Marriott App SET code also worked just fine.
Same rates appeared on both sites, same 5 digit numeric code on both sites. Rate difference compared to no code was $130.

Only oddity was during the Marriott search you have to actual “add” the SET code meaning you don’t just type the SET code into the code box, an add button appears on the right and you have to press it to add code to the search rates then make sure it’s got a check mark beside it on the drop down list of rates.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:45 am

I have to use concur for booking my work trips. On average the stay was $10 more then what I could of booked on the Marriott Website. Let me boss know and he said you have to book through concur. Company blowing at least $1,000 a year when they could safe. Times that by 300 reps, looking at $300,000 of money wasted.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
After some further investigation, it seems that set rates are often only available during weekdays and not on weekends. This has never been the case with spg. Is this normal with Marriott??
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by canael
After some further investigation, it seems that set rates are often only available during weekdays and not on weekends. This has never been the case with spg. Is this normal with Marriott??
Not in my experience.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I have to use concur for booking my work trips. On average the stay was $10 more then what I could of booked on the Marriott Website. Let me boss know and he said you have to book through concur. Company blowing at least $1,000 a year when they could safe. Times that by 300 reps, looking at $300,000 of money wasted.
most companies in this type of arrangement get rebates when they meet their spend commitments.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:49 pm

Slightly tangential, but since the merger my SPG app no longer saves/shows my Starwood SET. Is there a way to SAVE either Starwood SET or Marriott corporate codes in the app/on the site?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OldNewYorker
Slightly tangential, but since the merger my SPG app no longer saves/shows my Starwood SET. Is there a way to SAVE either Starwood SET or Marriott corporate codes in the app/on the site?
I don't believe so - another "enhancement" using the MR site/app
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:09 pm
alc

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Originally Posted by OldNewYorker
I don't believe so - another "enhancement" using the MR site/app
The Marriott App (old or updated one) automatically remember the Corp codes that I entered and successfully booked once in the past.

Also, for those who only know your SPG SET code, when I enter mine (from my work), it automatically converted to the Marriott code (i already know) with a line advicing me to use that code going forward.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Collierkr

most companies in this type of arrangement get rebates when they meet their spend commitments.
From the Hotel Brand or from the booking company? We can stay at any hotels we want so I am sure we are not getting kick backs.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
From the Hotel Brand or from the booking company? We can stay at any hotels we want so I am sure we are not getting kick backs.
Many levels could apply here. I'm sure there is some calculation involving Concur, I doubt they are working for free. Then there can be a corporate contract with specific brands, hence the use of global SET codes. And there can be specific local property rates for areas where many company people visit (HQ, manufacturing, sales offices). Micro managing travel costs may take too much attention away from the business activities, so I can see some letting the employee make the best choice. Repeatedly booking the high-end might get some unwanted attention these days with the bean-counters running more and more of the company functions (see what they've done with support?).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
these types of contracts are with hotel companies. And they are not “kickbacks” but rebates or additional discount on corporate rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.