Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 11, 19, 7:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hockeyinsider
Wiki Link
The W shares management with the nearby Westin. The guest relations manager for both properties is Yasil Alvarado <[email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 17, 18, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); Hyatt Somethingorother; UA Silver

This one seems to have flown under the radar. Currently opening 11/1/18. It looks to be a new property adjacent to The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal.

SPG Category 6. No category assigned in combined MR/SPG program as yet.

W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal

Last edited by CLEguy; Mar 20, 19 at 12:28 pm Reason: Corrected link post-merger
Old Jul 17, 18, 10:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
I think it is going to be hard to beat the Westin's Royal Beach Club suites and the all-inclusive nature of the Westin next door.
Old Jul 17, 18, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
I think it is going to be hard to beat the Westin's Royal Beach Club suites and the all-inclusive nature of the Westin next door.
Depending on pricing and how nice W is. The Westin Conchal is pretty run down.
Old Jul 17, 18, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
The W looks to be $70-$100/night less, which would be eaten up (and then some) by the Westin being all-inclusive. The W renderings make it look much nicer, for what that's worth (not much).
Old Jul 17, 18, 3:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
We were there in January and the restaurants were in excellent condition (and with excellent food except for one) and the all-adult Royal Beach Club suite we were in was anything but run down. We thoroughly enjoyed our week there.

UPDATE: In discussing this with Mrs. controller1, she said she saw the main pool and felt it was a little run down and she wondered about the rooms. As far as the all-adult Royal Beach Club which includes an all-adult pool with swim-up bar and an all-adult exclusive lunch buffet restaurant, it was great. So perhaps my views were jaded since I stayed around the RBC and thoroughly enjoyed the exclusivity of it.

Last edited by controller1; Jul 17, 18 at 6:01 pm Reason: provide update
Old Aug 28, 18, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott Rewards Category 7.

"Plugged into and buffered from it all, standing tall between beautiful beaches and the mangroves, W Costa Rica brings a fresh spin to a Costa Rica adventure. Nature gets boldly reinterpreted upon arrival, with a Living Room inspired by the local Guanacaste tree. Check into 150 locally influenced rooms and suites, complete with a surf culture inspired MIX Bar, with a keg of Imperial Ale ready to be tapped upon your arrival. Each room has a headboard inspired by local artwork, and a fully glass enclosed shower providing incredible views. Natural elements harmonize with a modern sensibility throughout our resort in Costa Rica. Lounge on the WET® pool deck or at the W Beach Club. Be pampered in AWAY® Spa. Work out at FIT and swing away at Reserva Conchal Golf Course. Awaken your adventurous side by exploring Costa Rica’s wildlife refuges and national parks—many within a few hours of the resort. Let our concierge help you book an exciting excursion."
Old Aug 28, 18, 3:06 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier + Ambassador, Copa ConnectMiles Platinum, United Gold
Here are some construction pictures from earlier this month. I truly enjoying following a hotel's construction process.

imverge, CLEguy, bhrubin and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 28, 18, 3:58 pm

Cool! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Cheers.
Old Aug 28, 18, 6:32 pm
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
This clearly will be a new hotspot area. Not only is the new W opening here, but the new Aman Costa Rica property is slated to open in late 2020 nearby at Punta Sabana, a mere 10-15 min drive.
Epicura likes this.
Old Sep 25, 18, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
We were there in January and the restaurants were in excellent condition (and with excellent food except for one) and the all-adult Royal Beach Club suite we were in was anything but run down. We thoroughly enjoyed our week there.

UPDATE: In discussing this with Mrs. controller1, she said she saw the main pool and felt it was a little run down and she wondered about the rooms. As far as the all-adult Royal Beach Club which includes an all-adult pool with swim-up bar and an all-adult exclusive lunch buffet restaurant, it was great. So perhaps my views were jaded since I stayed around the RBC and thoroughly enjoyed the exclusivity of it.
We stayed in a non-RBC room back in December 2016. Looking at my original reservation confirmation it was a Deluxe Jr suite with a golf course view. Agree that the pool felt a little run down, but nothing that was really a bother. The room we had was in excellent condition and seemed well maintained. It's close to to years since we visited, but based on the week we spent, would not hesitate tor return.
controller1 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:33 am

Officially oppen. Marriott press release:

W Hotels Zips Into Costa Rica with the Opening of W Costa Rica ? Reserva Conchal | Marriott News Center

Cheers.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 10:10 am
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
This is one I’m considering. Especially with an Aman resort scheduled to open in a few years not 20 min away on the nearby peninsula.
Old Dec 7, 18, 11:58 am
Marriott 25+ BadgeHilton 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Looking forward to try this W next year
I am curious how it compares to Andaz
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:16 pm

Programs: *wood Plat, FB Plat
Originally Posted by joseror View Post
Here are some construction pictures from earlier this month. I truly enjoying following a hotel's construction process.
Any pics of the resort now by any chance? ;-)
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lebadaud View Post
Any pics of the resort now by any chance? ;-)
The hotel website has pictures now.

I've got 5 nights here in January. Very happy it opened up on schedule, and looking forward to early reports.

Search this Thread