Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel NYC Downtown - New York City [Master Thread]

Old Jul 14, 18, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening Sept '18. Cat 7. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...york-downtown/

"Situated at the hub of bustling downtown Manhattan in the Financial District, the AC Hotel NYC Downtown puts you where you need to be to foster your innovation, connections and notable city experiences. Timeless European design meets NY metropolitan to create an experience that is distinctly AC. Discover Howard Hugh's Pier 17 in the Seaport District with the mall featuring restaurants and a large content creation studio of ESPN. With easy access to all the city has to offer including Wall Street, nearby East River Brooklyn Bridge and Broadway, the AC Hotel NYC Downtown allows many options for exploration including September 11 Memorial and the World Trade Center. Local artwork accents a contemporary interior, while our guest rooms are satisfyingly minimalist and feature Free WiFi. Some of our guest rooms feature an alluring waterfront view of the Seaport. Indulge in something savory with our Spanish tapas and European influenced breakfast, or allow our bartenders introduce you to their craft at the AC Lounge."
Old Nov 27, 18, 4:50 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Currently at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott which I do like but thought I'd look for something in lower NYC if the price was right and this property came up. It is within a few blocks of where I need to be as well.

However I have never stayed at an AC hotel

any comments on this property? Does the AC brand have a lounge?
Old Nov 27, 18, 5:36 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
Currently at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott which I do like but thought I'd look for something in lower NYC if the price was right and this property came up. It is within a few blocks of where I need to be as well.

However I have never stayed at an AC hotel

any comments on this property? Does the AC brand have a lounge?
AC brand does not have a lounge - they do offer F&B credit of $10 for member + 1 which in NYC might not get you far in terms of real breakfast. This property does seem to have a bit larger rooms than the Times Square one. I have never stayed at an AC hotel either.
Old Nov 27, 18, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Ksw299 View Post
AC brand does not have a lounge - they do offer F&B credit of $10 for member + 1 which in NYC might not get you far in terms of real breakfast. This property does seem to have a bit larger rooms than the Times Square one. I have never stayed at an AC hotel either.
Thanks - I presume that is one $10 food & beverage credit per stay [I'll be in town 3 nights]
I usually just need coffee FIRST thing in the a.m. so $10 should cover it I hope LOL
if there are two people, do each get a $10 food credit

pictures on the website had those rooms look really small
Old Nov 27, 18, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
Thanks - I presume that is one $10 food & beverage credit per stay [I'll be in town 3 nights]
I usually just need coffee FIRST thing in the a.m. so $10 should cover it I hope LOL
if there are two people, do each get a $10 food credit

pictures on the website had those rooms look really small
The credit is per day and not per stay.Yes its for 2 people so you would get $20 per day and $60 in total. I don't know if the property would let you roll over the credit - they don't allow that for properties charging destination fees not sure about the breakfast credit.

Well its NYC so the rooms are small here. Having elite status might get you a corner room which could be big enough.
Old Nov 27, 18, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Ksw299 View Post
The credit is per day and not per stay.Yes its for 2 people so you would get $20 per day and $60 in total. I don't know if the property would let you roll over the credit - they don't allow that for properties charging destination fees not sure about the breakfast credit.

Well its NYC so the rooms are small here. Having elite status might get you a corner room which could be big enough.
Thanks your information was very helpful
Ksw299 likes this.