Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Times Square EDITION - New York City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Times Square EDITION - New York City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Score8
Rooms are definitely not spacious.
Is the photo in the link representative of the size you had? I can't even image 2 doubles fitting in there.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by christianj
Is the photo in the link representative of the size you had? I can't even image 2 doubles fitting in there.
Yes, that looks like the one....
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
May 2019 Stay - FAB

Had a staycation here a few weeks back. Yes, the rooms are tiny (even by NYC standards) but are so well appointed you don't notice this too much. We were in Times Square view on the 29th floor. It's a perfect spot for a 1-2 night stay but if I was in town for business I would stay elsewhere as storage is at a minimum.

With that in mind, the intent of the property is for you to not stay in your room the entire time, so they common spaces are really fab: The Terrace restaurant is lush with plants and has it's own terrace. The lobby bar is lovely and also has it's own terrace. We didn't visit the Paradise club, but did use the gym which is one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel (granted, it's brand new). The best part for me about the gym was the wraparound terrace overlooking Times Square, where I was able to bring a mat and have a yoga practice in the early morning.

Would definitely stay here again! Several times we had to remind ourselves we were staying in the middle of Times Square, as the property does a terrific job of making you forget this.
Adelphos and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by canadiantransplant; Jun 13, 2019 at 10:38 am Reason: added additional info
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I had a stay here booked with a co-worker, but ultimately cancelled. It may not be an "official" policy, but I was specifically told that the best upgrade I would receive as an ambassador elite guest was a premier times square view (essentially same as standard room but towards the top of the building). My coworker ended up in a times square view room (same layout as standard but on the middle floors), and it was fine, but far too small for me for anything other than sleeping. Since I was going to be working from the room most of one day, I cancelled after I heard the upgrade news and booked the Ritz Carlton (where I was upgraded to a huge Avenue Suite).

We had drinks at the hotel one night, and as others have said, the bar area and lounge were great. It was pretty crowded, but service and drinks were very good. I don't know that I'll ever stay here knowing that a 250 sq ft room is the best I can hope for at $300+/night, but I could see it being a good option for someone that needs to be close by, won't spend a ton of time in the room and wants a time square area hotel with a good bar/lounge setup. I didn't explore the room in great detail, but I don't know that my wife and I could comfortably fit in the room with all our stuff on a longer stay.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

any platinum experiences here?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
any platinum experiences here?
I hope you're excited for the possibility of a High floor room, because that's the extent of elite benefits here. Even titanium and ambassadors don't get suited, and no other benefits at editions.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
With that in mind, the intent of the property is for you to not stay in your room the entire time, so they common spaces are really fab: The Terrace restaurant is lush with plants and has it's own terrace. The lobby bar is lovely and also has it's own terrace. We didn't visit the Paradise club, but did use the gym which is one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel (granted, it's brand new). The best part for me about the gym was the wraparound terrace overlooking Times Square, where I was able to bring a mat and have a yoga practice in the early morning.

Would definitely stay here again! Several times we had to remind ourselves we were staying in the middle of Times Square, as the property does a terrific job of making you forget this.
I am here now and can say that you characterized it very well. The bar and restaurant areas are very, very good. And sitting out on the deck in the sunshine surrounded by greenery, even if you can hear the occasional siren wailing down on 7th avenue, it feels like you are in a different world.

My thought was that this Edition essentially houses some awesome bars and restaurants, and just happens to have some rooms you can sleep in. It's not really a hotel.

Note there is a $100 Amex offer going on now for luxury Marriott properties which includes Edition.
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:56 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Could someone who isn't staying at the property access the terraces/decks?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Could someone who isn't staying at the property access the terraces/decks?
Yep restaurants and bars fully accessible to the public.

Nice spaces worth a visit if you ask me.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:26 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Good to know. We usually stay in TriBeCa but do theater and dining in midtown, and it's good to have options of a place to hang out for an hour or so between shows/meals/activities
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Good to know. We usually stay in TriBeCa but do theater and dining in midtown, and it's good to have options of a place to hang out for an hour or so between shows/meals/activities
Be sure to make a reservation. Most all the tables out on the deck were reserved. It can get busy, especially on the weekends.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:17 am

I stayed here last week. Upgrades are only to higher floors. Common spaces are great, but would never stay here again. Of all the 20 plus hotels in NYC I have stayed in, the rooms here were smaller than any of them. Think bathroom and bedroom are together as it’s just one small room. Stay elsewhere and visit if you’d like to take advantage of the spaces.
spgplat21 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Dsm1012
I stayed here last week. Upgrades are only to higher floors. Common spaces are great, but would never stay here again. Of all the 20 plus hotels in NYC I have stayed in, the rooms here were smaller than any of them. Think bathroom and bedroom are together as it’s just one small room. Stay elsewhere and visit if you’d like to take advantage of the spaces.
Thanks for your update! I have the Edition TS and the St. Regis booked for a birthday award stay at the beginning of December and I need to pick where I want to stay. Have been leaning towards St. R the whole time but I think now I will definitely cancel the Edition and go with the St. R. St. R also tends to treat elites well so that also helps.

Last edited by christianj; Oct 14, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by christianj
Thanks for your update! I have the Edition TS and the St. Regis booked for a birthday award stay at the beginning of December and I need to pick where I want to stay. Have been leaning towards St. R the whole time but I think now I will definitely cancel the Edition and go with the St. R. St. R also tends to treat elites well so that also helps.
StR is the way to go. While Edition is a nice hotel with great staff it’s no where near that league.

Pay a visit to the lobby bar or restaurant/bar on 9th though.

Personally I got a good rate for TS Edition and enjoyed my stay I think I’d return if it was the right rate but there are better options in NYC, including the proper NYC Edition.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Surprised so many people like the restaurant so much. I found it very “meh”, all the indoor trees were weird, and I found the food to be subpar and overpriced (even by NYC standards). To each their own I guess.

Overall the hotel was fine, but I wouldn’t pay a premium over other full service properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.