Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Times Square EDITION - New York City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening August 1. Currently Tier 4. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...quare-edition/

"The Times Square EDITION, located at 701 Seventh Avenue on the corner of 47th Street, features 452 guest rooms with four levels of public space including a 5,000 sq. ft. performance venue, a 1,900 sq. ft. meeting studio, state-of-the-art fitness center and a lobby lounge at check in level. The hotel also boasts distinctive food and beverage outlets including a signature restaurant leading out onto a 5,800 sq. ft. beer garden and event deck overlooking Times Square, and an all-day dining venue also featuring terraces with views of Times Square."
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Now opening Dec '18. Cat 7.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Well it's finally opened. I have a reward booking for next month, so looking forward to some reviews if anyone tries it out before then.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:49 am

Having an upcoming stay here in the next days. Got a nice pre-arrival email, but after asking about a potential upgrade, got this disappointing reply:

The Times Square EDITION does not participate in the Suite Award program for Marriott and we do not upgrade to Suites, so this is the reason why our upgrades to Suites are not complimentary at this moment.

Just another property not following basic program rules.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by thomasito
Having an upcoming stay here in the next days. Got a nice pre-arrival email, but after asking about a potential upgrade, got this disappointing reply:

The Times Square EDITION does not participate in the Suite Award program for Marriott and we do not upgrade to Suites, so this is the reason why our upgrades to Suites are not complimentary at this moment.

I suspect there could be an issue with the Edition brand as a whole, as I had problems with the Barcelona property. One for escalation if you can be bothered.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yup. Too bad Marriott doesn't care.

Editions seems to be among the worst offenders.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

Please share the response with Marriott. We've seen some (albeit limited) evidence that they straighten those out (occassionally).

I sent it to the Bonvoy twitter team.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Im fine with their policy. these wannabe-W hotels has only 10 locations. i can easily choose to stay somewhere else.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Thumbs down

What program? There is no program anymore. Just a mish mash of potential benefits you can fight for while navigating an increasingly nonsensical jigsaw puzzle of rules (that apply only to the customer), and a decreasingly functional website.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:40 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I am wondering if the guests or hotels are mis-reading the warning about Edition hotels not participating in the Suite Award program. It is possible that the warning refers to the SUITE NIGHT AWARDS program, which Edition and Ritz-Carlton DO NOT participate in. That would be an accurate and honest reflection of the Bonvoy program rules.

What would not be accurate is that Edition and Ritz-Carlton do not provide complimentary upgrades to available non-Club access suites for Titanium or Ambassador elites. Edition and Ritz-Carlton hotels are supposed to provide complimentary upgrades to standard entry level suites (but not with Club access at Ritz-Carlton) based on availability at check in for any and all Titanium and Ambassador guests. In practice, this seems to happen more for Ambassador guests on a pre-upgraded basis well before check in.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I am wondering if the guests or hotels are mis-reading the warning about Edition hotels not participating in the Suite Award program.
"[W]e do not upgrade to suites" strikes me as unambiguous (and clearly contrary to program rules).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:12 am

Spent the weekend here on a great last minute "opening" discounted rate. Excellent F&B, Friendly accommodating staff. As an Ambassador, I booked an entry level queen bedded room, was upgraded to a high floor, king bedded room that I was very satisfied with. The rooms are not large but very well designed and had everything that was needed for a theater weekend in NYC. I did notice some folks working in the lobby bar area as the "desk" space in the room is extremely limited.

Outside the hotel, turn right outside the hotel entrance and you are immediately in the chaos of Times square and the TKTS outlet on 47th street. Turn left and head towards the much less congested(on a weekend, at least) 6th and 5th avenues.

I enjoyed my getaway very much.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Anyone else stay here yet other than Leisuremiles? The pictures of the rooms on TA look ridiculously small and actually make the Four Points by Sheraton rooms in NYC look huge.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...2&ff=383232837
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Rooms are definitely not spacious. I had a double/double room on a high floor and it was fine enough for two people. The hotel is well appointed. The restaurants are very nice, but certainly pricey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.