Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center - Aurora, CO [Master Thread]

Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening Dec '18. Resort so limited bennies. Cat 5. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ention-center/

"Stationed perfectly at the edge of the Front Range, the brand-new Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Aurora invites you to find sanctuary just minutes from Denver International Airport. Our hotel with a rustic, alpine charm features well-appointed rooms and suites plus more than 486,000 square feet of convention space for your Colorado vacation or business adventure. Appreciate tranquility in our relaxed, cabin-style environment with all of the amenities you deserve. Dine formally or casually at restaurants serving steak and American, Asian and Italian fares before retreating to cozy accommodations with luxury bedding, high-speed Wi-Fi and prompt room service. No matter what time of year, indulge in the treatments at our luxurious spa, the shopping at our diverse stores, the adventures at our indoor and outdoor water complexes, and the picture-perfect views of the nearby mountains and nature. Enjoy a retreat like no other when reserving a stay at Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Nov 7, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I booked opening night--I will report back
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Parking info

On-site parking, fee: 29 USD daily

Valet parking, fee: 39 USD daily

DAY VALET: 0-4 hrs-$14, 4-8 hrs-$28; 8+hrs-$39; OLD HICKORY/SPA 3 hrs-$10; DAY SELF: 0-4 hrs-$8, 4-8 hrs-$18, 8+hrs-$29
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado

DAY VALET: 0-4 hrs-$14, 4-8 hrs-$28; 8+hrs-$39; OLD HICKORY/SPA 3 hrs-$10; DAY SELF: 0-4 hrs-$8, 4-8 hrs-$18, 8+hrs-$29
What a freakin' joke!!! Marriott's already very weak Denver game just dropped a notch with this total stinker.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

"Stationed perfectly at the edge of the Front Range, the brand-new Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Aurora invites you to find sanctuary just minutes from Denver International Airport.
Translation: in the middle of nowhere.
cawhite likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by dimramon
Which is why it is so critical to charge exorbitant prices for parking - otherwise they'd never recoup their investment in having paved over a bunch of prairie dog digs.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Also add $23.00 "resort fee" + tax + 2.5% "public improvement fee" per night.

Originally Posted by dimramon
Walking distance to the former F9 headquarters!
Old May 9, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'm here right now, and the parking and resort fees remain the same. Call me crazy, but I'm happy to pay them as this place is spectacular. Granted it's the first time I've stayed at a Gaylord, but the place is huge and really well-constructed. Everything feels upscale, and the guest service is excellent. I could have chosen to pay my same corporate rate at the DIA Marriott or Westin, but am very glad I decided to give the Gaylord a try!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond | Delta: Gold | Marriott: Platinum | IHG: Platinum
I'm staying here for a conference in mid-October. Looks like a beautiful hotel. Looking forward to my stay!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just arrived at the property for a week-long stay.

It is isolated, which I don't love. They do apparently have a shuttle to a nearby light rail station, with service into Denver. Might try that out later today, if I can get some free time.

First experiences at restaurants were pretty "meh". Have to see if they improve in future visits this week.
It is a new property, and looks very nice. Check in staff was friendly and efficient.
Weekend seems to be more geared to family visiting lazy river / pool. Vibe will mostly likely change through the week.

Was placed in an Executive King Suite, though probably due more to event staff than ambassador status.
Inside front door is a small sitting room, with a very large TV, wet bar with refrigerator.
Decent sized bedroom, with an actual desk setup. ^
Electric outlets at desk and both sides of bed.
Large bathroom with double sinks. Generous stock of amenities, including tooth paste / brush, mouth wash, etc.
Shower utilizes the bulk pump dispensers, with product labeled as "Relache", which is their on-site spa. Green tea and lemongrass scent.
4 bottles of water provided. Hopefully they get restocked daily.

Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:59 pm

Anyone have any upgrade experiences other than the prior poster?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Looks like the exact same room type I was upgraded to.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:50 am

Forgot to ask, going there next week. Anyone have any ideas on what Ambassador level perks there are? (e.g., in Texas I got spa access)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: online
three60

Convention Center in Aurora invites you to find sanctuary just minutes from Denver International Airport
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder
Forgot to ask, going there next week. Anyone have any ideas on what Ambassador level perks there are? (e.g., in Texas I got spa access)
I received a nice gift basket with local Denver snacks / treats, with the business card of the Hotel Manager.
I didn't receive any other official perks, but I didn't inquire if any were available.

Overall, the property was into recognizing Ambassadors, at least verbally. Whenever I charged items to my room, they always thanked me for being ambassador, etc.
At the marketplace and coffee shop, they would usually offer a pastry / desert / something for free when I grabbed my morning coffee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.