FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Ritz-Carlton credit card new benefit: annual free night award to cover 50K points? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1919415-ritz-carlton-credit-card-new-benefit-annual-free-night-award-cover-50k-points.html)

gcja Jul 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Ritz-Carlton credit card new benefit: annual free night award to cover 50K points?

I seem have not seen this information directly from website of Marriott or Chase. But some blogs are saying this. Is it true?

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...-changes-more/
  • An annual free night award that will be valid at properties costing up to 50,000 points
If this is true then Ritz Card from Chase has almost identical benefits to SPG Luxury Card from AMEX. (Actually more due to Ritz club level upgrade if one can utilize this wisely.)

fozziedoggie Jul 11, 2018 9:00 pm

I don't know if this rumor is true?

However, if it is:
1. 50K for a RC property will limit your choice of location; certainly no aspirational properties.

2. Booking a RC with points/free night, negates the use of an upgrade certificate to Club Level; must be a qualifying paid rate.

Nagasaki Joe Jul 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 29964568)
I don't know if this rumor is true?

However, if it is:
1. 50K for a RC property will limit your choice of location; certainly no aspirational properties.

2. Booking a RC with points/free night, negates the use of an upgrade certificate to Club Level; must be a qualifying paid rate.

I have read this rumor about the free night on many reputable miles and points sites, and every time I have seen it, it was also said that the free night could be used at any Marriott property (which includes SPG and RC properties), so if it is true, your choice of where to use it is not limited to RC properties.

WorldPalmHand Jul 11, 2018 11:29 pm

This was a really nice blog and comments-answers section. I look forward to keeping this card now with the free annual night at a higher end hotel.

gcja Jul 13, 2018 3:36 am

Thanks for your reply! So still no official citation can be provided from Marriott/Ritz or Chase website?

WorldPalmHand Jul 13, 2018 8:33 am

I received paperwork in the mail yesterday confirming these changes to the card. Excited to use the 50k points free night award next year and I still haven't used my two free nights for the sign up bonus.

nexusCFX Jul 13, 2018 10:18 am

Originally Posted by WorldPalmHand (Post 29969665)
I received paperwork in the mail yesterday confirming these changes to the card. Excited to use the 50k points free night award next year and I still haven't used my two free nights for the sign up bonus.

I'm sure it probably matches what the bloggers posted, but would you be able to post a picture of the document pertaining to the perk changes like the free night?

WorldPalmHand Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 29970012)
I'm sure it probably matches what the bloggers posted, but would you be able to post a picture of the document pertaining to the perk changes like the free night?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...225a601999.jpg

WorldPalmHand Jul 13, 2018 9:17 pm

By the way, does anyone know if I can use my $300 travel credit toward the United Club annual fee of $550? Or better yet, if I can apply the $300 travel credit toward the United Club Chase credit card's annual $450 fee?

nexusCFX Jul 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by WorldPalmHand (Post 29971905)
By the way, does anyone know if I can use my $300 travel credit toward the United Club annual fee of $550? Or better yet, if I can apply the $300 travel credit toward the United Club Chase credit card's annual $450 fee?

Obviously you cannot use it toward paying off another card's annual fee. But yes, you can use it for an annual lounge membership like a United Club membership.

nall Jul 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by WorldPalmHand (Post 29971893)

So it does include the 15 elite qualifying nights. (I cross-posted this to the Chase forum, hope you don't mind.)

fozziedoggie Jul 14, 2018 9:20 am

So will one still achieve some level of Platinum status with the $75K spend, or has that been erased now?

nexusCFX Jul 14, 2018 9:41 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 29973171)
So will one still achieve some level of Platinum status with the $75K spend, or has that been erased now?

You get the new platinum for 75K, which is similar in perks to the gold that was previously obtained for 10K spend.

applesauce Jul 14, 2018 11:28 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 29973214)
You get the new platinum for 75K, which is similar in perks to the gold that was previously obtained for 10K spend.

But it's "a new additional benefit!"

fozziedoggie Jul 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Current terms (today), you get Platinum status (there is only one Platinum level today). The new/upcoming terms, there are two Platinum levels; shouldn't RC Visa get higher Platinum level? Current terms, RC Visa is given top level for $75K spend.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 29973214)