Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card new benefit: annual free night award to cover 50K points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton credit card new benefit: annual free night award to cover 50K points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by nexusCFX

If it’s truly worthless to you I will happily take it off your hands.
Is that allowed? I'll take 50,000 points for the certificate, if it's allowed.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Is that allowed? I'll take 50,000 points for the certificate, if it's allowed.
Well if it's worthless why do you need 50,000 points in exchange? You've acknowledged yourself that it has no value. Surely you'd be willing to just give the worthless item to someone willing to take it away.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I was always under the impression the 50k cert is meant for a Cat 6 but set to 50k to cover peak vs off-peak, like the 7-night NC6 package for those of us unfortunate 7-night OC Tier 1-3 holders.

To my shock and surprise, the typical 1-year cert extension is *not* allowed on this cert (I got this response on 2 separate occasions) but I *was* allowed to book an off-peak Cat 7 which came down to 50k! Was this always the case, or is this new coinciding with the official introduction of peak/off-peak pricing for award nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.