Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card new benefit: annual free night award to cover 50K points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton credit card new benefit: annual free night award to cover 50K points?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
Originally Posted by pubsmeister
RC free night certificates to be worth 60k points per night

According to @FrequentMiler now that the merger has happened the two free nights at Tier 1-4 Ritz Carltons that you get for meeting the spend requirement on sign-up have been converted to any Marriott/SPG/RC hotel at 60k points or lower. It's two certificates for nights at 60k or less, not just throwing 120k into your account. Seems reasonable, and now we have many more options to use (I've never been to a St. Regis...).
Just talked to Marriott Customer Service and was told I can ONLY use these certificates at Ritz Carlton, not any other hotel under 60K/night. has anyone been able to book non-Ritz property using the 2 free night cert from Ritz credit card sign up?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lerasp
Just talked to Marriott Customer Service and was told I can ONLY use these certificates at Ritz Carlton, not any other hotel under 60K/night. has anyone been able to book non-Ritz property using the 2 free night cert from Ritz credit card sign up?
HUCA? Is there no option to attach during booking either?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by lerasp
It doesn't even seem like you can use them to book the old Tier 5 Ritz Carltons, even though those are 60k/night right now. So I think they simply haven't converted them over properly yet...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Actually, I was able to use the free night (T1-4) certificates from the Ritz-Carlton Visa to book at the 60,000 point per night RC Kyoto, which would not have been bookable in the old program.

Originally Posted by cycyc
It doesn't even seem like you can use them to book the old Tier 5 Ritz Carltons, even though those are 60k/night right now. So I think they simply haven't converted them over properly yet...
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Are the two free nights (sign up bonus) usable at Ritz only or any SPG/Marriott up to the amount of 60k?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Starwood,Delta, Ritz,
I just spoke too I just spoke to a J.P. Morgan representative you told me that getting status by spending more money is going away. For those of us who hit the $10,000 spend to get to the new platinum status it’s my understanding that you will not be able to do it once your card anniversary comes up again. For those of us who like The benefits of the status without spending 75 nights in a hotel it makes this card seemingly of little value for the annual fee. At this point I have no idea what the status is going to come with the Ritz-Carlton card once it renews. Has anyone been able to figure this out? It also seems like if you’re working towards the $75,000 spend bonus you’re wasting your time because you’re not gonna get anything for it. That means you’re better off putting all your charges on something like a Chase Sapphire reserve card?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Coinguy
I just spoke too I just spoke to a J.P. Morgan representative you told me that getting status by spending more money is going away. For those of us who hit the $10,000 spend to get to the new platinum status it’s my understanding that you will not be able to do it once your card anniversary comes up again. For those of us who like The benefits of the status without spending 75 nights in a hotel it makes this card seemingly of little value for the annual fee. At this point I have no idea what the status is going to come with the Ritz-Carlton card once it renews. Has anyone been able to figure this out? It also seems like if you’re working towards the $75,000 spend bonus you’re wasting your time because you’re not gonna get anything for it. That means you’re better off putting all your charges on something like a Chase Sapphire reserve card?
I really doubt they would update the card to have spend 75K for platinum, which also exists on the brand new SPG Luxury card, only to remove it. It's very clear what the situation is now. You get MR Gold for free, Platinum after spending 75K.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:01 pm

Anybody have any luck applying the RC free night certificates to one of the "legacy" "no free nights" SPG properties? I booked a 6 night stay at the StR Maldives on points, but nobody I've talked to has been able to retroactively apply the certificates to the stay. Given that it did not give me the option to use the certificates when I booked the stay, I was hoping that there would be something that could be done retroactively.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:13 pm

Is it possible to upgrade the free night cert to a reservation worth 60k points by supplementing with 10k? If so, how?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:22 pm

not possible
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by khochurn
Is it possible to upgrade the free night cert to a reservation worth 60k points by supplementing with 10k? If so, how?
not possible.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I have 47,154 points in a legacy Ritz-Carlton Rewards platinum account, three club lounge upgrade certificates and one 50,000 free night certificate. I'm going to transfer the 47,000 points to another account, but probably won't use the club lounge upgrade certificates.

Can I use the 50,000 points free night certificate to for two nights at 25,000 points?

I guess I'll have to let the club lounge certificates expire for the second consecutive year because I have no use for them. If I'm allowed to apply the certificates on someone else's stay beyond my own I'm open to that.

I canceled the credit card in the fall.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Can I use the 50,000 points free night certificate to for two nights at 25,000 points?
No.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by nexusCFX

No.
What a worthless certificate. I would have rather had the 50,000 points. I'm glad I canceled the card.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
What a worthless certificate. I would have rather had the 50,000 points. I'm glad I canceled the card.
If it’s truly worthless to you I will happily take it off your hands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.