Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Abu Dhabi - Yas Island (UAE) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Abu Dhabi - Yas Island (UAE) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by stargold
An executive lounge is not a W brand standard, so I would not expect the hotel to have one even after it has been reflagged as a W.
this is true but some W’s in the ME do have them i.e. Doha and Muscat is opening one.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:29 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
this is true but some W’s in the ME do have them i.e. Doha and Muscat is opening one.
Amman has one too [or technically a substitute service in their Aura bar, at least until the actual lounge opens]. Would be nice to have Abu Dhabi add one since they’re always a nice touch.

khabah
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Miles & More, Hilton Honors
Rebranding was completed on the 15th. The hotel doesn't have an Executive Lounge and as of right now there's no plan for them to get one.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:03 pm

Stayed last week. Very surprised to see such great value for money.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
Stayed last week. Very surprised to see such great value for money.
I have an upcoming stay at this property in December. Care to comment on the general surroundings (retail stores/restaurants within walking distance), accessibility to the rest of Abu Dhabi, and any upgrades due to status?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by 22calbr
I have an upcoming stay at this property in December. Care to comment on the general surroundings (retail stores/restaurants within walking distance), accessibility to the rest of Abu Dhabi, and any upgrades due to status?
not much within immediate walking distance but many options are within 10-15 minute walks.

Got upgraded to the fabulous corner suite using my SNA with ambassador status
22calbr likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Stay for 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

My girlfriend and I stayed here from 8-13 December. We had been due to stay for the GP in 2020 but this was closed to spectators. The hotel very kindly moved our stay to 2021 and honoured the original price of 120,000 points for five nights (should be something like 160k now).

My SNAs remarkably cleared into a Fantastic Suite for the whole five nights, which I thought was incredible for Grand Prix dates. We were given room 2004 which directly overlooks turn 12-14 of the race track - indeed, the balcony is about 20 metres from turn 13 and about five metres above the ground - an incredible experience for formula one fans.

The room was very large and in good condition. The air conditioning was amazing - I am a very hot sleeper - and cooled both rooms to 16.5-17 degrees centigrade despite exiting and entering the balcony frequently. The view was literally mins blowing.

Breakfast was included in our race fee, a mandatory charge for the race weekend (this was only 2800 AED for two people for the four nights that counted as the GP). The race fee also included access to the after race concerts every night, and a free parking space. We did not bring a car and the concerts did not appeal to us (we needed to test negative for covid a few times and the acts weren’t to our taste - the Foo Fighters cancelled and they were the only band we wanted to see). The breakfast was a large buffet with a very good selection; eggs were served separately to order, and you could order different types of omelette and poached eggs etc. I didn’t take any photos of breakfast because it was very very busy.

For the welcome gift, we could choose either breakfast, 1000 points, or some free drinks and snacks - we chose soft drinks and protein balls, which were fairly decent.

Even though the hotel was absolute pandemonium due to the Grand Prix, we felt the service always ranged from decent to excellent. I suspect the service is superb when the poor staff aren’t being relentlessly harassed by horrendous divas and Instagram people. Shout out to the endlessly cheery housekeeping team and the lovely chap who was in charge of the gym. A manager also took the time to walk us from one end of the hotel to the other to make sure we could find a way to access the marina for a walk.

The hotel showered us with different gifts every day, which I presume was in recognition of my ambassador status. This included everything from snacks and drinks to race and hotel merchandise. They even gave me a Marriott Bonvoy branded Bluetooth speaker. I felt genuinely touched by the race themed gifts they provided; it was especially appreciated during their busiest weekend of the year.

We used the gym a few times and it was substantial enough to get in a good cardio workout or an acceptable resistance training session. It had a lovely view of the marina too. We didn’t use the spa but I did briefly check out the sauna and steam room in the changing rooms, which looked decent quality.

Overall, we had an excellent stay here and I can’t fault the elite recognition, which was superb. I stay at a lot of higher end Bonvoy hotels, including three other Ws, and this hotel stacks up very favourably. It is a measure of the quality of the W Abu Dhabi that it still felt up to scratch over we had just spent three flawless nights at Grosvenor House in Dubai. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at W Abu Dhabi again.

Edit: I have some lovely panorama photos from our balcony but the system throws an error every time I try to upload them, regardless of the browser, device, or file type. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, as I would love to share them with the forum.
lamphs, jaejaez, nequine and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Radiation Station; Dec 14, 2021 at 11:29 am
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Photos of Our Suite

jaejaez likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:20 am

View of F1 cars from my balcony!

Views from our balcony at dusk were amazing.

View of the hotel at night from the Marina.

One of my daily gifts from the hotel.

One of my daily gifts from the hotel (race day gift).
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:31 am

View to the right from our balcony (turn 14).

The hotel throws a fantastic light show at night.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I loved staying at this hotel at the start of the year. Looks like I had the same suite as yourself but a higher up floor.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:46 am

Has anyone stayed at both this W and the Abu Dhabi EDITION? How does the EDITION compare to this property? I have a stay coming up and they’re around the same price; not sure which to choose. I’ll have a car so the location is not so much an issue. Any thoughts?

Also – some rates at this property include the following: “Rate includes WIP access to Corporate Lounge daily from 6PM till 8PM with free flow of selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and a food menu for Elite Bovnoy Members - Platinum and above.” Does anyone know of this “corporate lounge”? Can’t find any info on it online. I also appreciate how they’ve misspelt “Bonvoy”.

Last edited by zzap; Dec 17, 2021 at 3:53 am
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station

View to the right from our balcony (turn 14).

The hotel throws a fantastic light show at night.
Excellent post! Hmm i missed the hat/charger daily gift (checked out just after the race finished)... are you harryt by chance? there were a few (12) of us here via points bookings... looks like you may have gotten the best suite room that ive seen, some of the standard rooms (in the other building) had some excellent track views too...

im guessing your down there somewhere?

here is a view from a the standard rooms

Looking towards the "other" part of the W

you could see the straight, the new banked corner, DRS zones etc... the garage bar was directly below
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by zzap
Has anyone stayed at both this W and the Abu Dhabi EDITION? How does the EDITION compare to this property? I have a stay coming up and they’re around the same price; not sure which to choose. I’ll have a car so the location is not so much an issue. Any thoughts?

Also – some rates at this property include the following: “Rate includes WIP access to Corporate Lounge daily from 6PM till 8PM with free flow of selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and a food menu for Elite Bovnoy Members - Platinum and above.” Does anyone know of this “corporate lounge”? Can’t find any info on it online. I also appreciate how they’ve misspelt “Bonvoy”.
Did you ever figure out what this WIP access to Corporate Lounge is?
I just booked yesterday and I will have: "WIP access to Corporate Lounge for Elite Bonvoy Members". Note, no mention of drinks...
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Scottino84
Did you ever figure out what this WIP access to Corporate Lounge is?
I just booked yesterday and I will have: "WIP access to Corporate Lounge for Elite Bonvoy Members". Note, no mention of drinks...
I went with the EDITION instead. In retrospect, I should have tried the W as I wasn’t particularly impressed with the EDITION. The Corporate Lounge may be comped snacks and drinks at the property’s W Lounge. Let us know if you find out more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.