Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
If choose breakfast as Plat arrival gift option, it's a full breakfast buffet. The "Living Room" lounge is for those who book Pavillion Suites. Status will not gain you access.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

New LC property seems to open very soon in Greece.
Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort
Domes Resorts ? Domes Resorts

Seems that DOMES Hotel own 3 hotels, where the 2 others in Crete art part of the Autograph Collection...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Funny. I just happened upon their site yesterday when googling hotels in Corfu, but didn’t realize they’d be a Luxury Collection hotel. Their adults only policy (16+) is a deal breaker for us (at least for the next decade...), but based on a recent stay at Domes of Elounda on Crete, I’d say this is exciting news.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Funny. I just happened upon their site yesterday when googling hotels in Corfu, but didn’t realize they’d be a Luxury Collection hotel. Their adults only policy (16+) is a deal breaker for us (at least for the next decade...), but based on a recent stay at Domes of Elounda on Crete, I’d say this is exciting news.
As always with these things a deal breaker to one is a reason to look further into things to another. Have to say it looking interesting!
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
As always with these things a deal breaker to one is a reason to look further into things to another. Have to say it looking interesting!
I totally get that. I travel with my kid and don't want to be around other kids. Still looking for that elusive resort with the "no kids except mine" policy...
pitflyer, C17PSGR, damon88 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
This is now at the top of my “hotels to watch” list. It looks very interesting, and indicative prices seem very reasonable (I guess Corfu is not Santorini).
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
This is now at the top of my “hotels to watch” list. It looks very interesting, and indicative prices seem very reasonable (I guess Corfu is not Santorini).
A)How did you get " indicative prices "?
B)What are the priceyou were quoted?
C) what category will it be ?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPLP007
A)How did you get " indicative prices "?
B)What are the priceyou were quoted?
C) what category will it be ?
Hotel will open in July but operate under LC brand not before August 1st, so will have only the Marriott Category.

prices and quotes found here: RATES & OFFERS - Welcome to Domes Miramare
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Their adults only policy (16+) is a deal breaker for us (at least for the next decade...),
It is showing now on their private website... May change when they join. Never heard about such policy at any SPG prop... Pools/health centers -- yes, I have seen a few, but adult only hotels????
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Medved
It is showing now on their private website... May change when they join. Never heard about such policy at any SPG prop... Pools/health centers -- yes, I have seen a few, but adult only hotels????
The Domes Noruz Chania, Autograph Collection on Crete is adult only. For people who don't have kids it's nice to have a resort where you can relax in peace without families.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Medved
There are some Design Hotels with no kids policies. Al Maha has a minimum age of 10. Not knocking it...we just bring our kid everywhere with us so it rules some places out for us.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by thomasito
Hotel will open in July but operate under LC brand not before August 1st, so will have only the Marriott Category.

prices and quotes found here: RATES & OFFERS - Welcome to Domes Miramare
TKS--Now I see the rates
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:43 pm

I try to use SNA to our booking but is not avaiable, try contact with hotell but after their reply I think they must learn more about Starriott ;( .
Typical for Greece they tray sell expensive and don't give too much. I think, that we will cancel our booking and move our stay to different country.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HHQX888
I try to use SNA to our booking but is not avaiable, try contact with hotell but after their reply I think they must learn more about Starriott ;( .
Typical for Greece they tray sell expensive and don't give too much. I think, that we will cancel our booking and move our stay to different country.
That sounds quite arrogant...
The Hotel was just connected to SPG and will be part of The Luxury Collection after August 15th. Sure, it would be great if they know everything from day 1, but I think it would be more then fair to give them at leat a few weeks until their official opening before complaining that much. Beside that, hotels do not have to offer SNA upgrade options.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Just booked 5 nights in September. Looking forward to it and will review when i get back

Asked via FB if I get breakfast included as a future platinum.... Got told no, but let's see come that point in time.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:30 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
Just booked 5 nights in September. Looking forward to it and will review when i get back

Asked via FB if I get breakfast included as a future platinum.... Got told no, but let's see come that point in time.
Just wondering, but why do you believe published SPG and future SPG/MPG rules wouldn't apply at this property ?

It's a bit ridiculous to go out saying that one won't stay here because a hotel which isn't open doesn't know about SNAs or in this case asking them about a published platinum amenity which the property will by default have to offer. In both cases this property most likely hasn't gone through SPG training yet and with all the upcoming changes they can't really be blamed either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.