Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
If choose breakfast as Plat arrival gift option, it's a full breakfast buffet. The "Living Room" lounge is for those who book Pavillion Suites. Status will not gain you access.
Print Wikipost

Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:51 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Yes, I did. The amount was astronomical and it was on top of my points. I’d be thrilled to pay the difference between the room I have and the suite. They keep the points and I pay the difference for 5 days. I’ve been keeping track of their rates every day. I don’t want to be a problem child and bother them about it, but it’s been 3 months since I contacted them and I’d like to make an offer. But I don’t want to be a pest. This is for health reasons. Maybe I’ll be upgraded. I’ve never had such a difficult time in Greece coming to an agreement. I’ve always stayed at The Luxury Collection hotels, but they were SPG then. I guess we’ll see!
They probably asked the difference between what Marriott pays them and what the Pavillion suite sells for. So they probably only get 20-25% of the going rate for a Pavillion suite and wanted you to pay the other 75 to 80%. For that amount I’m sure you can get a better deal elsewhere including a tub or perhaps find a BRG and keep the points.if you’re set on the Domes.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
There was a large spread pre-covid included for Plat. Would need a recent report to be accurate.
Yes, breakfast is included for Marriott Plat and above if chosen as your amenity. The COVID-safe breakfast (last year, at least), was table service only - you receive a menu to order from (most items included, a few chargeable a la carte items also) which was reasonably extensive but certainly not a massive spread. I also stayed at Domes Zeen last year and they did the same thing but with a slightly longer menu of choices. I enjoyed both.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Yes, breakfast is included for Marriott Plat and above if chosen as your amenity. The COVID-safe breakfast (last year, at least), was table service only - you receive a menu to order from (most items included, a few chargeable a la carte items also) which was reasonably extensive but certainly not a massive spread. I also stayed at Domes Zeen last year and they did the same thing but with a slightly longer menu of choices. I enjoyed both.
Out of interest, what other general comparisons are there between Miramare and Zeen?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:13 pm

Stayed in the Chania Domes and CFU Domes a few times --

The beach and water in Chania is sand but locals can sit on the beach on a towel ( plus they can rent chairs for the day -- CFU, the beach and water is small rocks and need swim shoes in the water. no locals

Chania Domes- rooms I stayed in( even with upgrade ) are on small side with a sleeping loft and no shower -down stairs has a "small" shower plus has a sink in the middle of living area- CFU Domes rooms are larger and traditional and adults only allowed

service in either place was excellent

Chania not many rooms face the sea ,rooms spread around plus rooms also upstairs and have elevator --

CFU most have some kind of sea view layout is sort of a horseshoe with also upstairs rooms --we stay downstairs and not sure if the have an elevator

Chania breakfast pre covid was very good I did not stay last year CFU same plus I stayed last year and they did a very good job

if want to lay around on beach and relax cfu wins

CFU is about half the size of Chania -- Chania has a jumping bar that faces the sea at night plus serves food and I think has 3 pools one is a quiet pool-- CFU one smallish pool and dinner is quiet facing the the sea

This year we have reservations Aug in each place -they are both well run hotels -

hope this helps
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Looking forward to staying here in early July. Feels like great value for 35k points per night.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:35 pm

Excellent value and I really enjoyed a week there in 2019. Service was excellent, breakfast was top class (buffet at the time). The water is also lovely for swimming. The beach is mostly small rocks, but once you get a bit further out, there's a sand bottom. I had an upper floor room and appreciated the elevation.

The hotel really ran as a resort - they had different activities and events going on. The week I was there they had a celebrity trainer running morning and evening exercise classes on the lawn: top class.

I'd highly recommend taking the hotel boat up to Corfu town... the road is a bit long and windy, and its an excellent experience.

If the management asked me one thing I'd improve, it might be the lunch menu, which really wasn't so extensive. The food was good, I just felt it lacked choice.

Have a wonderful trip.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Out of interest, what other general comparisons are there between Miramare and Zeen?
Miramare is smaller and adult only, Zeen is bigger and a lot more family oriented. Miramare has a heated pool whilst Zeen's pool was not heated (mostly irrelevant when you have a beautiful bit of the Ionian Sea to swim in at Miramare anyway). Zeen's design is a bit more self-consciously 'cool' whilst Miramare is more classic luxurious with the odd Middle Eastern touch given former ownership. Zeen has a proper beach, Miramare is man-made. I find the Miramare setting more beautiful, waking up and looking at the sunrise from the pavilion waterfront rooms/suites at Miramare is mesmerising. Food quality at both was high, in my opinion, maybe slightly give the edge to Miramare. Zeen has more to do in close vicinity whilst Miramare is a bit more isolated. I like both but Miramare is one of my favourite hotels in Europe (I went like five times last summer and don't regret it at all...). Hope that helps!
pazza2000 and PETERPNYC like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:38 am

Miramare is smaller and adult only, Zeen is bigger and a lot more family oriented. Miramare has a heated pool whilst Zeen's pool was not heated (mostly irrelevant when you have a beautiful bit of the Ionian Sea to swim in at Miramare anyway). Zeen's design is a bit more self-consciously 'cool' whilst Miramare is more classic luxurious with the odd Middle Eastern touch given former ownership. Zeen has a proper beach, Miramare is man-made. I find the Miramare setting more beautiful, waking up and looking at the sunrise from the pavilion waterfront rooms/suites at Miramare is mesmerising. Food quality at both was high, in my opinion, maybe slightly give the edge to Miramare. Zeen has more to do in close vicinity whilst Miramare is a bit more isolated. I like both but Miramare is one of my favourite hotels in Europe (I went like five times last summer and don't regret it at all...). Hope that helps!
....great comparison, thank you! Plus as a Cat 5, it’s a great value award. The only Domes property I’ve stayed at is Elounda and was very impressed, it showing its age a little in some areas aside,
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
....great comparison, thank you! Plus as a Cat 5, it’s a great value award. The only Domes property I’ve stayed at is Elounda and was very impressed, it showing its age a little in some areas aside,
I don't really understand why it's still Cat 5, personally, but not complaining. The hotel was close to fully booked for almost the entire summer last year (albeit helped by the fact that the main client market, the UK, had relatively limited options) and I'd literally rather stay here than a lot of Cat 8 resort properties in Europe. The idea that e.g. Pine Cliffs and Ritz-Carlton Abama are anywhere approaching the quality of this place, let alone Cat 6 whilst this is Cat 5, is totally hilarious.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:41 am

I don't really understand why it's still Cat 5, personally, but not complaining. The hotel was close to fully booked for almost the entire summer last year (albeit helped by the fact that the main client market, the UK, had relatively limited options) and I'd literally rather stay here than a lot of Cat 8 resort properties in Europe. The idea that e.g. Pine Cliffs and Ritz-Carlton Abama are anywhere approaching the quality of this place, let alone Cat 6 whilst this is Cat 5, is totally hilarious.
Redemption categories are not a measure of the property’s overall quality, amenities or luxury. They translate that property’s demand for award stays.

With SPG there was a correlation between a property’s yearly ADR and its category, because for each category Starwood paid a fixed amount per award night. Apparently Marriott doesn’t do it that way and category assignment does not appear to be related to ADR at all.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: None - previously UA
This is great option if you want to lay on your lounger, order food and drinks all day and try to work out what is Greece and what is Albania across the channel.
Loved that it was adults only. Hopefully that doesn't change.
However:
- Moraitika may not be everyone's first choice location wise on the island, getting to the beaches and other sites to the northwest took some driving.
- The plethora of family oriented resorts to the south meant the beaches and town outside the resort felt a bit overrun in August. The resort itself is blissfully lowkey.
- The Emerald building itself has a bit of a Courtyard by the sea feeling, its OK, I would design it differently for a 5 star resort.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Redemption categories are not a measure of the property’s overall quality, amenities or luxury. They translate that property’s demand for award stays.

With SPG there was a correlation between a property’s yearly ADR and its category, because for each category Starwood paid a fixed amount per award night. Apparently Marriott doesn’t do it that way and category assignment does not appear to be related to ADR at all.
I’m well aware of that, thanks very much. I assume the fact this is an adults only property somehow impacts category but I have no idea what the criteria for redemption categories are under Marriott either.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:07 am

Any suggestions on airport transfer services from CFU airport to the hotel?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Any suggestions on airport transfer services from CFU airport to the hotel?
I was wondering the same as I’m taking a look at burning some FNAs at this property this summer.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:08 pm

FYI - I checked in with the hotel and they are able to arrange a PCR test to be taken at the hotel. 75 EUR per person

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.