Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread]

Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 1, 18, 3:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
If choose breakfast as Plat arrival gift option, it's a full breakfast buffet. The "Living Room" lounge is for those who book Pavillion Suites. Status will not gain you access.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 22, 18, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GVA View Post
In both cases this property most likely hasn't gone through SPG training yet and with all the upcoming changes they can't really be blamed either.
I’m still not perfectly clear on what ‘breakfast offering’ and ‘varies by brand’ means on Marriott.com. What is an offering and how does it vary by brand?
Old Jul 23, 18, 12:53 am
GVA

Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jamesie_version1 View Post

I’m still not perfectly clear on what ‘breakfast offering’ and ‘varies by brand’ means on Marriott.com. What is an offering and how does it vary by brand?
Luxury Collection after August remains as it is right now so the points, continental breakfast or local amenity as a choice at checkin.

99% of SPG hotels in Europe let you have a full breakfast rather than continental. No real reason to think it will be otherwise here.
Old Jul 23, 18, 12:55 am

@ GVA : it is simple, if they use now SPG brand name and take not small amout of money for guest stay - I expecting that they are ready to follow SPG programm.
Old Aug 30, 18, 5:50 am

Just checkin :

Don't take Pavilon suites or rooms in the second row from beach, they are near busy street, hardware looks very good and stafs are so frendly. Later I will put more pictures (resize work) but first I have to send pictures of this property to my friends who asked for information about this hotel.

@ jamesie_version1 : don't worry if you have new Platinium status and if you choose breakfast as your benefit at this hotel - you will have full buffet breakfast served from 7am till 11am

Last edited by HHQX888; Aug 31, 18 at 4:16 am
Old Aug 30, 18, 5:06 pm

SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 3:58 am

Pavilon Suite - Bedroom

Samsung new 55inch TV

Phone, wall USB sockets ( one HiAmp), pillow choice list

Bluetooth+line-in speaker, wall USB sockets, wall network socket

Cordless Panasonic phone

Very quiet Daikin aircondition with BRC1E53A wall controller, KNX lights

Air refresh

Turndown service

Old Aug 31, 18, 9:00 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks for all the photos!

The propery has a Park Hyatt vibe to it IMO, surprisingly. Hope you enjoy! Can’t wait to hear how your stay experience goes.
Old Aug 31, 18, 10:15 am

Sorry Sir we don't have lounge .... but have HAUTE - living room

Next situation plan:

HAUTE living room - food & softdrinks and % served from 9am till 8pm, after 8pm till 11pm only soft drinks and %
as they told me this not lounge but only for guest of Pavilon rooms.
Anyway, new T&C and this is resort excluded lounges in LC for Platinum.

Food served at living room :

Outside HAUTE you have small swimming pool and sun beds:

At night :

SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Sep 1, 18, 7:59 am

Back to our Pavilon Suite - Living Room

Living room in our suite

Welcome gift from hotel for Platinum guest

Inside wardrobes, maybe important for women on booking

Minibar

Safe, w/o internal socket, too small for 15" notebook

TP-Link Bluetooth gate (TP-LINK_Music), you can connect your device to outside speakers on terrace
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Sep 1, 18, 8:12 am

Emerald residence with sea view

Size of bed room at this Residence is like standard room, sorry no picture.

makin'miles likes this.
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update w/ pics. I'll also add the breakfast & Living room info to the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
makin'miles and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 1, 18, 1:52 pm

Thanks, looks great!

This seems like a steal for 35k points/night
Old Sep 5, 18, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Thanks for posting and it look very nice but sadly without a real beach. The Haute Living area seems to be a "Domes" property standard only for those that book the top category suites/villas...it is NOT a lounge for elites so hopefully people get that and don't start screaming they are not getting lounge access! We are heading back to the Domes of Elounda next year after having such a great stay this year but I am keeping the Domes Miramare on my radar for a future visit.

Oh by the way...I think the picture you posted of the "air freshener" was actually a plug in for mosquitoes!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 1, 18, 4:58 pm

Hi,

Back home after my 10-day stay; all but the last few nights were on rewards points. We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to trying some of the Crete properties in future years.

As a platinum, upgraded upon arrival to 1 bedroom suite for the entire stay. Full breakfast buffet was included, and a welcome amenity received on first night.

The beach is a pebble beach - a right pain to get in, but the water is very nice once you are a few metres in.

The main pool is small and, in what seems like a Domes trend based upon the Crete threads, seems a little conservatively heated. I was told it was 24C but it certainly seemed fresh.

Our favourite on--site restaurant was the raw bar - a sushi restaurant. There are so many good tavernas in the area that we only had dinner in the hotel once, and we never repeated a restaurant. We had a car.

Happy to answer any questions.
makin'miles and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Pavilion Suite at Domes of Miramare

If we book any Pavillion room, we’ll have access to the Haute Living Room? Is the extra cost worth it? Do they offer complimentary wine and beer in the living room? What are the food choices like? Thanks in advance for your help. We stayed at the Domes of Elounda on Crete last year and loved it. We didn’t have the Haute LV access, however.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: