Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Alexa coming soon to Marriott hotel rooms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alexa coming soon to Marriott hotel rooms

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:14 pm

I've yet to find a Marriott property which doesn't have a hardwired connection. I also have all of my devices paired to my phone's hotspot, so that's a second option I have.

The travel router just simplifies things when it's possible to use it. One login, everything's paired to it, and it's all using an encrypted connection, unlike open WiFi connections. Like @RogerD408 mentions, you can still connect to foreign WiFi access points if you wish, but by default I have my devices set to look for my travel router & hotspot networks first, then start looking for other options if those are unavailable.

BUT, it greatly simplifies things when you can get away with using it, which is the vast majority of the time for me. About the only places I've not been able to use my travel router are airport lounges, but at most of those I can still use my phone's hotspot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.