FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Perry Lane Hotel, Luxury Collection - Savannah, GA [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1912818-perry-lane-hotel-luxury-collection-savannah-ga-master-thread.html)

SkiAdcock Jun 5, 2018 10:49 am

Perry Lane Hotel, Luxury Collection - Savannah, GA [Master Thread]

Marriott press release:

The Luxury Collection Debuts its First Ever Hotel in Savannah, Georgia | Marriott News Center

Category 5

Excerpt:

"Nestled among ardent squares in the heart of the city’s Historic District, Perry Lane Hotel is The Luxury Collection’s first hotel in Savannah, offering travelers a contemporary luxury experience in a destination steeped in rich history.

The new Perry Lane Hotel is the vision of a fictional muse, Adelaide Harcourt, whose life experiences, travels and love of Savannah inspired the hotel’s design and whimsical art collection, which is eclectic, worldly and peculiar. Built to mirror the aesthetic of Savannah’s traditional manor houses, The Luxury Collection’s Perry Lane Hotel balances a modern sophistication with the beautiful heritage and culture of Georgia’s first city. Under the interior design direction of Flank, Perry Lane Hotel reflects the culturally-rich destination of Savannah as a major port city in the 18th and 19th centuries and embodies the vibe of an authentic manor house.

Residential design elements and rich textures decorate the hotel’s 167 rooms and 12 suites, alongside a collection of maps, travel mementos and antique décor. Oversized guest room windows allow natural sunlight to illuminate lush fabrics and Frette Italian bed linens, leather headboards and deeply hued walls adorned with notable artwork that varies from room to room.

Variety and quality take center stage at The Emporium Kitchen & Wine Market, located within Perry Lane Hotel. The Emporium’s Kitchen & Wine Market showcases locally-sourced ingredients and signature dishes such as Cocquilles St. Jacques, local Flounder en Papillote, Rabbit Ragout with house-made Pappardelle and Fruits de Mer Tower. The Emporium Kitchen & Wine Market features a wine shop and market with gourmet sandwiches, artisanal cheeses and charcuterie. The Emporium Kitchen & Wine Market is also home to Bowerbird Coffee

Nestled inside the hotel, The Wayward is a fresh take on the neighborhood watering hole. The Wayward is an unexpected turn of expression, from renegade art, music and décor both highbrow and lowbrow. Adjacent to the hotel’s karaoke room and arcade, the bar’s cozy ambiance is refined but a bit off beat, embarking casual elegance mixed with a touch of rebellion.

Peregrin, the coveted rooftop bar at Perry Lane Hotel... featuring exquisite views of the cityscape, premium cocktails and a curated wine list. Offering lawn games amid an intriguing backdrop,

Opening rates start at $239 per night, plus tax and service. For more information, please call 912-415-9000 or visit www.luxurycollection.com/perrylane."

SkiAdcock Jun 5, 2018 10:54 am

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...60eaa04fdc.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...32b6040984.jpg

CIT85 Jun 5, 2018 7:57 pm

Looks nice, I decided to go with Andaz at 15K Hyatt points (with free parking) vs Perry Lane at 16K SPG points in a few weeks.

This hotel has a $30 destination fee (resort fee for city) and $33 valet parking. That's additional $63 cash more than Andaz on awards.

mauld Nov 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Not to mention all the other taxes & fees: (YIKES !!! and this is for early Dec, not the holidays or high season)
Room Rate:USD 179.00USD
Taxes City Occupancy:USD 1.00USD
Daf Tax:USD 3.90USD
Ga State Fee:USD 5.00USD
Local Occupancy:USD 10.74USD
State Occupancy:USD 12.53USD
Destination Fee:USD 30.00

PS- what is a Destinatin Fee, nothing is included, and while a great city, why an extra $30 here, and not at any other local hotel ?

MSPeconomist Nov 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Was there a mandatory service share too?

Destination fee is a euphemism for resort fee at properties that aren't resorts and don't offer resort facilities, although it can sound like a mandatory fee that's paid to the local tourist board.

bcoco8 Nov 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Just had a 4 night stay this past weekend.
The good: Platinum Breakfast included one main item off the menu per person plus a beverage. Their was enough options to a unique great breakfast every morning of my stay. The entire staff was so friendly with my 15 month old daughter. Plenty of high chairs for all the families with small children. Nice little cookies left in the room each day. Wonderful bathroom worthy of a luxury collection hotel including Chemin bath products. Easy text service for the valet parking which worked well and fast. The price was right for a 5 star luxury collection hotel.

The less good: Although they called my room an upgrade, clearly it was not. It had 2 queens which they said had more room than a king room. Although nicely decorated, overall underwhelming. Was hoping for more as a Platinum.

hockeyinsider Nov 20, 2018 4:38 am

This property is horrible. I stayed there in September with a group. No upgrades for two platinum premier ambassadors and one platinum premier. Only offered an upgrade after we complained. No in-room coffeemakers. The destination fee is a scam but supposedly comes with bicycles and one coffee per day, if I remember correctly. Management doesn't respond to emails.Just very poorly run.

brandie Dec 13, 2018 8:42 pm

We loved the Perry Lane in Savannah. We had the room with two queen beds. The room and the bathroom were beautiful. Photos do not do it justice.
Best of all was the staff....very genuine.....not stuffy. We used the complimentary car service (within 2 miles) at least 5 or 6 times per day.
This facility is brand new. Free shuttle bus stop is right next door. There is a nice up up scale market next door. We thought this hotel was a pretty
good location. We got the rate with the free parking and free breakfast. Breakfasts are kind of gourmet.

I suspect that almost all of the rooms are standard King or standard 2 Queens given the layout of the hotel. We thought the standard 2 Qeens was
a very very nice room.

Savannah is a big tourist town. A lot of hotel rooms are kind of run down. We loved it here. I was torn between renting an Airbnb or staying at Perry Lane.
Ultimately Perry Lane won out due to the nonexistant airbnb cancellation policy. For those looking for palatial, suite like accomodations they might
check out the airbnb selections. There are a lot in Savannah.

Again,I'm surprised by the poor reviews at Perry Lane. It was not our experience.

hockeyinsider Dec 14, 2018 6:13 am

Originally Posted by brandie (Post 30533449)
Again,I'm surprised by the poor reviews at Perry Lane. It was not our experience.

Most of the "poor" reviews deal with the scam resort fee, the lack of elite status recognition, and inconsistent or non-delivery of amenities and benefits guaranteed by elite status.

cfabar1 Jul 4, 2019 8:23 am

Anyone have experience with FHR here? Are they less stingy?

brandie Jul 4, 2019 9:54 am

My take on the staff here was that most of them are college students at Savannah College of Art and Design, i.e. they are not working on the professional hotel career track. Everyone my boyfriend talked to seemed to be a student at SCAD.

I have American Express Platinum FHR and a lot of times a book through that but I'm not sure how I booked on my prior stay. It is possible I booked with
my American Express Platinum FHR and did not get recognition. I don't travel much so I'm probably clueless about the recognition that I'm supposed to get from FHR. They did charge me for breakfasts and my plan was free breakfasts so student employee had to spend 15 minutes crediting my breakfasts at checkout.
I seemed to be the first guest front desk clerk had ever had who had booked on the free breakfast plan. I don't think this location is stingy with benefits
I think the staff is just clueless and untrained as to what the benefits are supposed to be.

If I were to book here again I'd probably call or email the hotel directly before booking, ask how many suites they have, ask the possibility of "true" upgrades to a
"true suite" at time of check in for dates reserved for FHR benefits. At time of checkin I'd have conversation with the college student to make sure my
room was coded for the free breakfast.

My take is due to the high number of college students employed by the hotel the students are untrained and clueless about the FHR benefits at check in.

Savannah is a tourist town. A lot of the hotel rooms and bed and breakfast rooms are old and run down. You will get clean and new at the Perry Lane.

I agree the $30 destination is a ripoff particularly since we are non coffee drinkers.

bhrubin Jul 4, 2019 10:02 am

The hotel has only 12 suites among its 167 total rooms. Getting upgraded to a suite via FHR will be even rarer than getting upgraded to a suite via Bonvoy elite status.

dcstudent Nov 7, 2019 5:06 pm

Any recent stays? What does the "destination" fee include these days? I could find reference to the $32 daily fee, but not what it gets you. Looking at a Fri-Sun during the Spring and rates are over $500 a night so wobbling on whether 120,000 points here is worth it...or whether I should pay cash rate elsewhere.

If it helps for people it's for a romantic weekend with my wife. If it were just me I'd just pay the $250 per night for the Marriott.

brandie Nov 7, 2019 6:06 pm

DC Student, one thing we liked that added to the romance was they had a free luxury car you could have them drop you off at places and pick you up.
We utilized this alot and tipped the drivers. Also, the free bus stops are very very close. We rode the buses a lot too.

brandie Nov 7, 2019 6:07 pm

I'm not familiar with the Marriott so I can't comment on that. To me a lot of the Savannah hotel stock is "worn." The Perry Lane is fairly new and still reflects that.
The lobby rooms have a very hipster vibe.