Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

When Did Fairfield Inn Actually Do Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 11:55 am
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

What year did Fairfield Inn actually started doing suites? I know Hampton started that in 1995. And also, were the original suites at Fairfield a two-room suite?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:39 pm

I don't know the answer to when it started, I stayed at a Fairfield built in 1998 this year in a suite.

The room was as wide as a normal room, but was noticeably longer/deeper, and the building's shape reflects this. Hallway door opened into a living room with couch, coffee table, chair, desk & desk chair. Fully-enclosed bathroom (sink/toilet/tub) in the middle with a wet bar opposite, then a bedroom w/door. Of note, it had central HVAC vs. the through-the-wall PTACs the other rooms had. Furnishings & finishes were on the cheaper side of things compared to a newer RI or full service Marriott, but quite serviceable.

Due to the room's design and being longer than a normal room, I'm pretty sure the suites existed since built.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by KRSW
I don't know the answer to when it started, I stayed at a Fairfield built in 1998 this year in a suite.

The room was as wide as a normal room, but was noticeably longer/deeper, and the building's shape reflects this. Hallway door opened into a living room with couch, coffee table, chair, desk & desk chair. Fully-enclosed bathroom (sink/toilet/tub) in the middle with a wet bar opposite, then a bedroom w/door. Of note, it had central HVAC vs. the through-the-wall PTACs the other rooms had. Furnishings & finishes were on the cheaper side of things compared to a newer RI or full service Marriott, but quite serviceable.

Due to the room's design and being longer than a normal room, I'm pretty sure the suites existed since built.
The best suites here in Anchorage, AK's location have hot tubs.
dayone likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
At the risk of driving up the already-normally-insane rates there, there's an FI in the SFBA that's all suites. The corner rooms even have windows in the living room area. Not a bad place to stay, I was there for a few months.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
At the risk of driving up the already-normally-insane rates there, there's an FI in the SFBA that's all suites. The corner rooms even have windows in the living room area. Not a bad place to stay, I was there for a few months.
Interesting.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
I was a young teen, but in looking at pictures a few months ago from a family vacation we took in 1997, I noticed we stayed at a Fairfield Inn and clearly in a suite type room. It actually didn't look too dissimilar from what they look like today. So Fairfields have had suites since at least 1997, likely earlier.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flamingocrazyfl
I was a young teen, but in looking at pictures a few months ago from a family vacation we took in 1997, I noticed we stayed at a Fairfield Inn and clearly in a suite type room. It actually didn't look too dissimilar from what they look like today. So Fairfields have had suites since at least 1997, likely earlier.
Okay, awesome. Maybe you should ask Marriott about what year Fairfield started doing suites. And yes, those suites have two TVs.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I'm betting a suite at a Fairfield is on par with Springhill, but with a second TV.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
I'm betting a suite at a Fairfield is on par with Springhill, but with a second TV.
You bumped a year old thread for this astonishingly insightful comment?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Antarius
You bumped a year old thread for this astonishingly insightful comment?

Bumped his own thread. Maybe he just thought of something.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.