FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1911847-marriott-com-website-bugs-glitches-outages.html)

Condition One Jan 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Have not been able to view my account activity for the past few days...

EuropeanPete Feb 3, 2019 3:15 pm

My "online check-in" emails keep being a bit random. Today's correctly had me down as an Ambassador, but it misses You24 (which actually the hotel "doesn't do" now) and the "request a 4pm check-out" seems a bit uninspiring for a guaranteed 4pm check-out benefit. Is everyone else getting the same set?
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8c64fc7368.png

Sabai Feb 4, 2019 10:32 am

Originally Posted by schley (Post 30714039)

Dear Marriott,
I have a very big item for your website. With SPG we had the email address of each property listed in the general information of each property. This was used by me many times. Unfortunately this is absent for Marriott and almost hidden to where there is no way for me to actually find out the email address without calling the property! Amazing in todays day and age that even the confirmation email you recieve after booking at a property is just a system generated no reply email and still doesn't contain a way to communicate with the property.

I'm a lifetime platinum and wanted to state this for the 2nd time as I didn't receive a response to this last time, but please fix this egregious oversight. This is almost funny, like a temporary state for a while with IT fixes an issue. However, it is clear this is NOT part of the Marriott online system and your customers are paying a price in irritation and inconvenience. Please fix this.

Also having the online chat feature is sorely missed with SPG and again absent on Marriott. Pretty basic features if you ask me and I am one of your most loyal customers now that you have merged.

Regards,
Jeff

Dear Jeff:

Having successfully demolished SPG, McMarriott is now the largest hotel chain in the world.

If our crap IT and indifferent Customer Service are displeasing to you, kindly go pound sand.

Love and Kisses,
Arne

CPRich Feb 5, 2019 4:07 pm

I went to book some rooms for college football season this fall - Parent's weekend is always the weekend of a home game, and hotel demand gets high, but the game isn't announced for a few months.

So I booked the first room - before confirming I needed to check a box that I understood the cancellation was 30 days in advance. OK - that's fair for high demand, and they make sure (as much as they can) that you know this before confirming.

Then I booked the next game - no checkbox, about to click, when I happen to notice "cancellations after Feb. 6 will result in forfeit....".

So a 7+month cancellation policy, 1 day after booking, and while they needed to confirm you saw the 30 day cancel policy, this one could just slide by,

I tried both cash and points - same thing on both. Oddly, an Advance Rate, non-cancellable rate was available much cheaper. So do I want $250/night that I can't cancel after tomorrow or $195/night that I can't cancel after tomorrow?:rolleyes:

I don't know whether it's a horrible new policy or a website glitch. I suspect the latter, but it doesn't really matter - all of my reservations are now with Hilton with 2-4 day cancellation.

And checking the "Book with points" box got me points rates half the time and cash rates the other. But when I clicked on "book now" for a cash rate, it brought me to the points booking anyway.

Business is just leaking away.

Nuhusky Feb 5, 2019 5:48 pm

Account not showing stays or spend

On either the website or the app my account is not showing the correct number of nights or $ spend to date.

Called marriott and they said probably IT issue and they could see correct numbers.

Anyone else having this this issue and how worried should I be?

KRSW Feb 6, 2019 12:51 pm

On a positive note (and yes, I know I'm breaking the unspoken travel hacker code of talking about an exploit), I've seen where Pre-paid, non-refundable rooms have a better cancellation policy than regular ones when you get close-in.

margarita girl Feb 6, 2019 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 30551123)
No way to book Victoria, BC
Website insists that you want to stay in Victoria, TX! I've tried Chrome, MS Edge and Safari.

Yay! They fixed this. So someone is actually reading this thread. ^

Here's another one for you. I made 2 reservations today. In both cases, it was showing my credit card number on file, but when I clicked BOOK, the card was no longer there and I had to re-enter the information. (This has happened before, but I would just start over and the card number was there. Today, even when I started over, the card number disappeared during the booking process.)

flightrisk Feb 8, 2019 10:12 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 30747148)
Here's another one for you. I made 2 reservations today. In both cases, it was showing my credit card number on file, but when I clicked BOOK, the card was no longer there and I had to re-enter the information. (This has happened before, but I would just start over and the card number was there. Today, even when I started over, the card number disappeared during the booking process.)

UGH. This bug is infuriating and I feel like it's been happening for a few weeks. I have 2 cards stored, and they both disappear after clicking book. I log out and log back in, go back in the browser to the search page results, book, and then it works.

Is there a thread on their app? It constantly complained about a connection problem after an update yesterday, and I had to uninstall and reinstall it before it started working again. Marriott really needs to overhaul this seriously incompetent IT department.

margarita girl Feb 8, 2019 10:15 am

Originally Posted by flightrisk (Post 30754316)
Is there a thread on their app? It constantly complained about a connection problem after an update yesterday, and I had to uninstall and reinstall it before it started working again. Marriott really needs to overhaul this seriously incompetent IT department.

I think the mods have redirected app issues to this thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-thread-2.html

ginkoka Feb 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Submitted an online request to remove this reservation from my account, but almost a month later, no action has been taken. Quite tempted to cancel the reservation, but it may ruin someone else’s trip to Paris in 2 weeks

Originally Posted by ginkoka (Post 30652569)
I can see a total stranger's hotel reservation in "My Trips" - I can see her name, email address, and some credit card details. I appear to be able to amend her stay or even cancel it - not that I would, of course. The larger concern, for me personally, is that my own reservation could be viewed by someone else. I had one such missing reservation recently.

controller1 Feb 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by ginkoka (Post 30763125)
Submitted an online request to remove this reservation from my account, but almost a month later, no action has been taken. Quite tempted to cancel the reservation, but it may ruin someone else’s trip to Paris in 2 weeks

When you open the reservation on the website, under Guest Information does it show your Member Number under the email address?

ginkoka Feb 11, 2019 5:31 am

Yes

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 30763136)
When you open the reservation on the website, under Guest Information does it show your Member Number under the email address?

EuropeanPete Feb 11, 2019 5:50 am

I thought so. Following my earlier post about the benefits in the confirmation emails being different, I just got this one which didn't list me as an Ambassador, but did correctly call out the Ambassador Your24 benefit. Random.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f8d4ce0005.png

jrjcopp Feb 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Grr, Website is mostly working for me now, but there is a persistent issue with My Account Overview. All other sections of my account work.

Under My Account
Profile www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/profile.mi
Promotions www.marriott.com/loyalty/promotionCentral.mi
Favorites http://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAc...savedHotels.mi
My Trips www.marriott.com/loyalty/findReservationList.mi
Activity www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/activity.mi
Overview www.marriott.com/error.mi

I'll manually type in the url if I have to. I've tried a number of variations with Overview in the address.None have worked.

Anyone know what the address should be?

Michilander Feb 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by jrjcopp (Post 30774346)
Grr, Website is mostly working for me now, but there is a persistent issue with My Account Overview. All other sections of my account work.

Under My Account
Profile www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/profile.mi
Promotions www.marriott.com/loyalty/promotionCentral.mi
Favorites http://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAc...savedHotels.mi
My Trips www.marriott.com/loyalty/findReservationList.mi
Activity www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/activity.mi
Overview www.marriott.com/error.mi

I'll manually type in the url if I have to. I've tried a number of variations with Overview in the address.None have worked.

Anyone know what the address should be?

I get this:

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/default.mi