FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1911847-marriott-com-website-bugs-glitches-outages.html)

freeflyin Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts (Post 29850137)
App doesn’t open, I get the 504 error on the web site. As I often book future work travel on Sundays, about 20 nights will be going to Marriott’s competition. Good job Marriott IT

Same here-looks like I will be spending this month's $ elsewhere

RobUAIntl Jun 10, 2018 9:39 am

Mobile app not working either

Just want to use mobile checkout

edcho Jun 10, 2018 9:52 am

Been down all morning. *sigh*

MSPeconomist Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by dingjie (Post 29848774)
We are temporarily unable to process requests for rates and availablilty.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...88ff91a9b.jpeg

That's a pretty picture of a hotel you're not able to book.

RANT: Another example of form over function. Instead of making the website look nice (and different from how it looked earlier), please just make it work!

C17PSGR Jun 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29851181)
That's a pretty picture of a hotel you're not able to book.

RANT: Another example of form over function. Instead of making the website look nice (and different from how it looked earlier), please just make it work!

It worked just fine last year ... wonder if Arne is getting an update on the loss of reservations from website issues. This is my travel planning day!

I'm assuming this has something to do with the backend necessary to convert all the SPG hotels to the Marriott system but pretty embarrassing.

freeflyin Jun 11, 2018 10:06 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 29851335)
It worked just fine last year ... wonder if Arne is getting an update on the loss of reservations from website issues. This is my travel planning day!

I'm assuming this has something to do with the backend necessary to convert all the SPG hotels to the Marriott system but pretty embarrassing.

Marriott is my primary hotel chain,but they are certainly challenging our loyalty recently. I finally gave up yesterday-status matched to HH Diamond and booked the rest of my travel this month with Hilton.

nexusCFX Jun 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 29851335)

They should have done the opposite and converted everything Marriott over to SPG's backend.

CLEguy Jun 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Site down again

What is this drivel?

Unable to Sign In
We love our members, and our members love the idea of Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest coming together to deliver additional benefits, like linking accounts. We promise your new rewards are worth the wait - try again soon! If you have other account or stay-related needs, please call Marriott Rewards customer support at 801-468-4000 in the US and Canada. For international customer support numbers, please visit our directory.

rylan Jun 11, 2018 1:55 pm

I hope everyone here submits complaints to Marriott (when the garbage site is back up) detailing these experiences, and how it is driving booking to the competition. Of course it'll probably take 2-3 weeks to get a response now with how bad cust support has gotten too.

rylan Jun 12, 2018 11:01 am

The trash website is down again... trying to log in I just get the following:

General Error

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again.

b1513 Jun 12, 2018 11:51 am

Site down for hours today. Very frustrating. I really don’t want to be forced to use the Capitol Hilton when I really want the JW.

mciampa Jun 12, 2018 1:32 pm

I've been able to log in this afternoon (wasn't this morning). However, I noticed that when I try to book an award reservation that's more points than I have, it won't allow me to do so. Has anyone else had this issue?

joeags Jun 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mciampa (Post 29858924)
I've been able to log in this afternoon (wasn't this morning). However, I noticed that when I try to book an award reservation that's more points than I have, it won't allow me to do so. Has anyone else had this issue?

This has been happening for a while for me - it tells me about point advance, but the site doesn't have a button to click to reserve the room. I had to transfer points instantaneously from SPG, only to see my poor understanding of instantaneous actually means 12-24 hours.

Howste Jun 12, 2018 2:55 pm

I just thought I logged in and clicked on the account button. It said "Welcome Back, Jessica. Sign in to make faster reservations and enjoy exclusive member features." My name's not Jessica. Below it shows my actual name and membership level.

I refreshed the page and now it says "Welcome Back, Richard..." My name's not Richard either. Or Dylan, Mary, Heidi, or Thomas. It is kind of amusing to see the different names it calls me. :p

Happy Jun 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Extremely slow and when it finally let me log in, unable to see upcoming reservations. Cannot see activity passed the initial 5, changing number to show on page / time period, would not make any difference.

Unable to make reservation either.