FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Issues with Marriott.com website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1911847-issues-marriott-com-website.html)

Cledaybuck Jun 8, 18 9:35 am


Originally Posted by orca15 (Post 29843698)
Web site seems broken this morning- tried several browsers. iPhone app worked OK, but had different points with no new activity. Can't make a reservation on computer, worked on phone.

App doesn't work either. When I try to make a reservation, it sends me to the website, which of course doesn't work.

rylan Jun 8, 18 9:55 am

Yup the mess of a website is broken again... can't log in.
Although, not like its very useful when it actually works due to all of the other design and interface problems with it.

small ring Jun 8, 18 10:42 am

After 20 minutes with hold music, the platinum service telephone support tells me that the site will be down at least another 2 hours (10:45 PST).

Cledaybuck Jun 8, 18 10:49 am


Originally Posted by small ring (Post 29844154)
After 20 minutes with hold music, the platinum service telephone support tells me that the site will be down at least another 2 hours (10:45 PST).

Two hour Friday lunch break for the IT guys.:)

I 40 Jun 8, 18 10:53 am

CEO yesterday talking tech. Maybe start with your core website:

Marriott CEO on Tech Giants: ‘We Are in an Absolute War for Who Owns the Customer’

Deanna Ting, Skift

- Jun 08, 2018 2:30 am

https://skift.com/2018/06/08/marriot...-the-customer/

Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson, along with his fellow hotel CEOs are right: It’s not the “disruptors” like Airbnb that are the biggest threat, but the already established tech giants like Amazon, Google, Facebook, Tencent, Alibaba, and others that are the real competition for the hotel industry.
— Deanna Ting

When asked this week about competing with technology platforms like Google, Amazon and Facebook, Marriott International CEO Arne Sorensen described the situation in battle-like terms.

“I think we are in an absolute war for who owns the customer,” Sorenson said. “It’s a long-term war, and ‘long term’ in digital space might be a few years.”

Sorensen was part of a CEO panel that was one of the most talked-about sessions at this week’s NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference.

C17PSGR Jun 8, 18 11:44 am


Originally Posted by I 40 (Post 29844199)
“I think we are in an absolute war for who owns the customer,” Sorenson said. “It’s a long-term war, and ‘long term’ in digital space might be a few years.”

Well ... making sure the website works is definitely a good start in the "ecosystem." Seriously, do they think everyone books via an app ....

Cledaybuck Jun 8, 18 12:28 pm

Seems to be back up as I was just able to make and cancel a reservation.

rylan Jun 8, 18 1:05 pm


Originally Posted by I 40 (Post 29844199)
CEO yesterday talking tech. Maybe start with your core website:Marriott CEO on Tech Giants: ‘We Are in an Absolute War for Who Owns the Customer’

Deanna Ting, Skift

- Jun 08, 2018 2:30 am

https://skift.com/2018/06/08/marriot...-the-customer/

Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson, along with his fellow hotel CEOs are right: It’s not the “disruptors” like Airbnb that are the biggest threat, but the already established tech giants like Amazon, Google, Facebook, Tencent, Alibaba, and others that are the real competition for the hotel industry.
— Deanna Ting

When asked this week about competing with technology platforms like Google, Amazon and Facebook, Marriott International CEO Arne Sorensen described the situation in battle-like terms.

“I think we are in an absolute war for who owns the customer,” Sorenson said. “It’s a long-term war, and ‘long term’ in digital space might be a few years.”

Sorensen was part of a CEO panel that was one of the most talked-about sessions at this week’s NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference.

Exactly... They need to fix all of the defects that have been on the new website for over a year, and fire the millennials that designed the interface that made it look cool but dysfunctional.
Marriott is myopically focused on the merger of their programs instead of fixing the first thing the customer sees and has to deal with when trying to make reservations and learn more about the hotels.

C17PSGR Jun 8, 18 2:20 pm


Originally Posted by rylan (Post 29844789)
Exactly... They need to fix all of the defects that have been on the new website for over a year, and fire the millennials that designed the interface that made it look cool but dysfunctional.
Marriott is myopically focused on the merger of their programs instead of fixing the first thing the customer sees and has to deal with when trying to make reservations and learn more about the hotels.

They are myopically focused on millennials period, poorly lit rooms in AC properties, no desks, all resources to the app, etc.

I don't want to lose my upcoming customer base but the UX folks they are hiring don't remotely seem aware that the majority of business travelers are over 35 and they or their assistants make reservations from their work computers, not their phones. Additionally, we need hotels in places like ORD, CDG, LHR, EWR, not Ordu, Turkey. When we pick hotels, we don't want to hit three drop downs to pick that we want Renaissance, wait three seconds, click and Marriott, wait three seconds, click and Autograph.

It's almost as if they are testing this site on people who don't use it.

FLYMSY Jun 9, 18 9:14 pm


Originally Posted by Tanic (Post 29842852)
Broken again. Can't make a reservation. They've got to be losing a significant amount business to competitors.

Same here. Just tried this evening - 2 iPads, Mac laptop, PC desktop, iPhone App. No luck. Also, tried the phone and kept getting the "an associate will be with you shortly" message. I gave up. :td:

dingjie Jun 9, 18 9:38 pm

We are temporarily unable to process requests for rates and availablilty.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...88ff91a9b.jpeg

HGHUA Jun 9, 18 9:55 pm

Same, even the co.uk site is down. Keep getting the error you got when trying to book and this msg when I try to view my existing reservations:


https://www.marriott.co.uk/aries/sta...-icon-dark.svg Our server is being stubborn. Please refresh this page or try again later
Lol

cfischer Jun 10, 18 10:17 am

Down for me this morning. Can't book anything. Can't log in. It is a joke

JoeWoodstock Jun 10, 18 10:26 am

Website down hard
 

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 29850100)
Down for me this morning. Can't book anything. Can't log in. It is a joke

It's worse than that. The website doesn't even come up at all; I get a 504 Time-Out error saying the server "didn't reply in time."

That's gotta hurt.

--woodstock

Pretzelsandpeanuts Jun 10, 18 10:30 am

App doesn’t open, I get the 504 error on the web site. As I often book future work travel on Sundays, about 20 nights will be going to Marriott’s competition. Good job Marriott IT


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.