FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1911847-marriott-com-website-bugs-glitches-outages.html)

philemer Jun 4, 2018 10:10 am

Can't log in...:( Using FF browser. Chrome is working.

transportprof Jun 4, 2018 10:35 am

I was able to make a reservation today, but never received an email confirmation.
Also, printing the confirmation no longer gives a clean print of the booking but now produces a screen print of the booking web page with background material that is not part of the reservation.
This is an improvement to their web design?

Orange County Commuter Jun 4, 2018 3:24 pm

Well I just discovered you can no longer book using your Visa anniversary certificate on line. So I have now spent over 45 minutes listening to "an associate will be with you momentarily"

It's good I am lifetime because once this is done if I can't book online I will just stay with another company that can afford associates who actually pick up the phone!

Michilander Jun 7, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter (Post 29828673)
Well I just discovered you can no longer book using your Visa anniversary certificate on line. So I have now spent over 45 minutes listening to "an associate will be with you momentarily"

It's good I am lifetime because once this is done if I can't book online I will just stay with another company that can afford associates who actually pick up the phone!

Sorry, but I think this has always been true for the CC cert. You can do other certs, like MegaBonus ones, online, but I have always had to call to book the Chase cert.

By the way, anyone know where you can see your certs on the new website?

One other thing that is not working now is online changes to a reservation that involve a senior rate. A new search shows the rate available at the hotel, but an attempt to modify the reservation online fails with a 'rate not available' message. We have, fortunately, been 100% successful getting a phone agent to do the modifications for us.

jdang Jun 7, 2018 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter (Post 29828673)

The cert shows up fine for me when I tried to book a room. Look for your hotel using points, when you actually select your room with the point rate, you'll see a message: "You have eligiblee-certificate that match your reservation." (yes the e-certificate doesn't have a space in front of it.) and it'll show you your certs you can apply. If you book only 1 night and you have another cert that will expire first, your other certs wont show up but if you book more nights, the certs that can be applied will show up.

I didn't try booking so maybe its broken on that part but it shows up fine and lets me apply the cert to the room. I'm saving my certs until August so they change into 25k points.

jdang Jun 7, 2018 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 29839865)
Sorry, but I think this has always been true for the CC cert. You can do other certs, like MegaBonus ones, online, but I have always had to call to book the Chase cert.

By the way, anyone know where you can see your certs on the new website?

One other thing that is not working now is online changes to a reservation that involve a senior rate. A new search shows the rate available at the hotel, but an attempt to modify the reservation online fails with a 'rate not available' message. We have, fortunately, been 100% successful getting a phone agent to do the modifications for us.

Your certs shows up if you select "Activity" on the website.

Michilander Jun 7, 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jdang (Post 29840177)
Your certs shows up if you select "Activity" on the website.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that's where they were on the old site, but so many things have changed on the new site. Am anxiously awaiting my wife's Chase cert so I can upgrade her card.

allset2travel Jun 7, 2018 1:12 pm

I experienced problem with printing a copy of reservation right after it is booked.
The PDF includes 4 to 5 pages of advertisements (that you can't truncate or discard), inserted between page 1 and page 5 or 6.
This is stupid of them as well as frustrating for me!

I tried both Adobe PDF writer and Microsoft to no avail. Do you have the same problem?

Rant!

Tanic Jun 8, 2018 1:12 am

Broken again. Can't make a reservation. They've got to be losing a significant amount business to competitors.

Cledaybuck Jun 8, 2018 6:16 am

I can't log in this morning. Sometimes it kind of logs me in, but when I try and do anything it asks me to log in again.

UA-NYC Jun 8, 2018 6:57 am

This has the feeling of CO's SHARES era-2012 all over again...

Michilander Jun 8, 2018 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 29843358)
I can't log in this morning. Sometimes it kind of logs me in, but when I try and do anything it asks me to log in again.

Same here. Can't log in to either my account or my wife's.

I can, however, get logged into the Marriott Rewards Overview site. Unfortunately, trying to do anything useful from there fails.

orca15 Jun 8, 2018 7:51 am

Web site seems broken this morning- tried several browsers. iPhone app worked OK, but had different points with no new activity. Can't make a reservation on computer, worked on phone.

penlin Jun 8, 2018 8:26 am

Website is down again.. keep logging in to see this message.. Tried multiple browsers to no avail..

Unable to Sign In

We love our members, and our members love the idea of Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest coming together to deliver additional benefits, like linking accounts. We promise your new rewards are worth the wait - try again soon! If you have other account or stay-related needs, please call Marriott Rewards customer support at 801-468-4000 in the US and Canada. For international customer support numbers, please visit our directory.

Back to sign in

Back to Marriott.com home

penlin Jun 8, 2018 8:29 am

Better yet, each time I try to sign in, it greets me with a different name!! LOL!!!! Funny...but... disturbing and concerning that others accounts could possibly be compromised this way.. or mine for that matter...