FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1911847-marriott-com-website-bugs-glitches-outages.html)

Capt Hammond May 31, 2018 3:12 am

And still playing up now (both the app and the website)

yrs May 31, 2018 4:19 am

I am having problems as well.

Wickersley May 31, 2018 5:07 am

.co.uk appears to be working with no issues; perhaps use that instead?

jdang May 31, 2018 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Wickersley (Post 29812501)
.co.uk appears to be working with no issues; perhaps use that instead?

You're absolutely correct. Thanks.

narvik May 31, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm getting further than yesterday, but it still fails at the end of the reservation.

I wonder how many thousands of reservations they lost with this "glitch"?

.co.uk also ends ends with: "An unexpected error has occurred "

genotonda May 31, 2018 11:44 pm

It honestly dumbfounds me that a company this size, and in this industry, could have this issue going for at least 6 straight days. I too, wonder how much business they have lost. I mean, you can't even make a reservation without calling in! Add to that, some of the reported wait times, and many people have to just be hanging up before they speak to someone.

Marriott admitted to me on Facebook that they updated the website AND the app at the same time! Who is the idiot that thought that was a good idea? I also chastised them for not publicly acknowledging the issue and proactively reaching out, even via email, to Marriott Rewards members. They've just been eerily quiet and downright elusive about this entire mess.

DELee Jun 1, 2018 11:58 am

Originally Posted by genotonda (Post 29816007)
They've just been eerily quiet and downright elusive about this entire mess.

Ah, the United Airlines communications model.

David

yscleo Jun 1, 2018 3:26 pm

My in-law had trouble logging in this afternoon. After eventually getting in, tried to transfer points to SPG, it kept giving error messages, then said try again later.

I logged in myself to try to cancel an existing booking. Kept getting error messages. Now tried again, the icons are not showing up.

Website fail. Are they going to use Marriot website as a base, or SPG as a base, after merger?

Happy Jun 1, 2018 3:35 pm

This morning It went down in the middle of making a reservation, right after I put in the CC guarantee info and press Book Now.

Got an error message on next screen. It does not show on My Reservation screen, but I dont feel comfortable and may have to endure the long wait to call a reservation rep to verify all my reservations.

I also do not receive confirmation email on one reservation that is made subsequently. 6 hours later still no confirmation.

Tanic Jun 1, 2018 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 29818829)
Got an error message on next screen. It does not show on My Reservation screen, but I dont feel comfortable and may have to endure the long wait to call a reservation rep to verify all my reservations. I also do not receive confirmation email on one reservation that is made subsequently. 6 hours later still no confirmation.

I have only received one email confirmation out of the last ten reservations that were made. I found it quicker to call each hotel's FD than wait in the Marriott queue.

Tanic Jun 2, 2018 1:08 am

Just logged in (I think) and points from all of my stays in the past two weeks have vanished and both night totals and points have decreased.

yscleo Jun 2, 2018 10:09 am

Still cannot cancel a reservation last night, or today. Kept getting either blank popup, or error messages.

danola Jun 3, 2018 5:17 am

It’s bad enought that you have to wait pn hold but to unexpectedly get disconnected after sitting there waiting for a live person in beyond ridiculous.

godsquare Jun 3, 2018 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo (Post 29820908)
Still cannot cancel a reservation last night, or today. Kept getting either blank popup, or error messages.

I can't cancel (or book) any award reservation for almost a month now https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ervations.html

narvik Jun 3, 2018 9:18 pm

I was finally able to make a reservation today.