Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Eugenia de Montjio Toledo, Autograph Collection - Spain [Master Thread]

Eugenia de Montjio Toledo, Autograph Collection - Spain [Master Thread]

Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Any recent experiences at the Eugenia de Montjio to share?

We are planning to stay for a day (or two). Does anyone have any recent experiences to share? Thank you!
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:23 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Had a 1-night stay here in September, right towards the tail end of the storms/flooding. Website said that you could reserve a car from MAD Airport, which was done not by the hotel but through the airport itself. With how bad the weather turned out (bad flooding), it was worth the 124 EUR. SNAs were not applied, since they only offered a larger room rather than a suite. Base level room was booked for 166 EUR.

I arrived at the hotel around 4:30 PM, and the hotel itself is smack in the middle of Toledo which is great for tourism but it’s a 30-minute or so walk from the train station (2 km away) on mostly cobblestone streets. I believe I was upgraded, and both the room itself and the bathroom were airy, large, and spacious. There was a sort of boutiquey, old-world classy charm to the room itself. I was given a 10 EUR beverage voucher for the bar, but do be aware that the hotel restaurant is only open for dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday only. Breakfast was a set menu with your choice of eggs.

One big complaint however was the temperature of the water in the shower and the bathtub was at best barely lukewarm. There were also umbrellas which guests could take but many of them were flimsy and half-broken.

I do have to give a shoutout to the front desk clerk, however, who was very professional in checking me in and explaining the hotel and my benefits. I had reserved a taxi for the next day upon checkin, and when I was supposed to leave, the clerk mentioned how the taxi driver contacted the hotel saying all the trains out of Toledo were cancelled due to the aforementioned flooding. I asked the clerk to have the taxi driver take me to Atocha train station in Madrid instead of Toledo train station so I could catch a train to Barcelona. This was the start of my holiday and the front desk clerk saved it from being a catastrophe, so whoever she is I can’t thank her enough.

As for this hotel, it’s difficult when it comes to attracting guests. Toledo is mostly a day-trip destination. You can make a case to stay there overnight but there were very few guests I saw during my stay. There’s a business case for having limited hours for the restaurant but it was still annoying. Is it worth it to stay here rather than, oh, shuttle back and forth between Madrid? I say yes, since you get more for your money hotelwise than in Madrid, and you can spend more time in Toledo. A nice little hidden gem.

Old Dec 24, 2023, 4:56 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium

Beautiful stain glassed dome

Breakfast sides.

Spa discount offered

Free wine with dinner offered
dcmike likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 5:02 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

The hotel offers mobile key and the other in-app functions. At check in you are offered two selections as platinum or up - one welcome amenity and one option for them not having a lounge.

I loved the location and had no challenges with using the parking which is very closes to the hotel. Please be aware that when you leave the city that you will go through a small section of the road that is quite narrow. You can tell by all the scratches on the fall that many have failed to go through this section without damage. I had a rather wide SUV vehicle with big side mirrors that I could not force to fold in. I only had 3-4 cm on each side of the car to make it through without damage. If you have a normal sedan it should be less of a harrowing experience.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 5:03 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

dcmike likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Excellent property for Toledo- February 2024

Stayed here for several nights last month, February 2024 and had an excellent stay. Everyone was professional and provided elite benefits as published.

Was upgraded to this room (can't remember what's it is called)

The hotel was the birth home of Empress Eugenia de Montijo of France.

Hotel lobby

View from the property

As of elite benefits, was given 1000 points plus complimentary breakfast. Breakfast as good with made to order eggs of your choice.

Had dinner once at the property. It was OK..Nothing to rave about...

I actually stayed at this hotel back in 2016 or 2015 before it was an Autograph Collection. What a difference! The lobby looks great, the room looks great, etc. Back then it was "soviet style" with hard flat bed and very thin pillows.

But what makes this property worth staying is the location. It is walking distance to everywhere the city has to offer. Be mindful though that Toledo is a very hilly city. So dress appropriately.

An excellent several nights stay with proper elite recognition for this Lifetime Titanium Guest.
applesauce likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.