FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1910990-marriotts-customer-service-general-discussion-thread.html)

Flapster May 28, 2018 1:34 am

I had a message from MR saying that my SPG and Marriott accounts are going to be unlinked soon, I suspect because there's a different variation on my name on each account. They ask me to contact them.

I am getting the same unresponsiveness. Fortunately, I'm not too worried, although, if it gets closer to August 1st, and still unresolved, I'll be a little miffed.

Gustav19 May 28, 2018 9:23 pm

With all due respect.....I don't believe that in 2018 it is even remotely possible Marriott corporate is unaware.

carrotjuice May 29, 2018 2:02 am

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 29797382)
And you'll be waiting anywhere from 45 minutes to over three hours before you ever get to talk to anyone. The Marriott Customer Service the past few weeks has been non-existent.

In fairness I got through to a live person after holding for 7 minutes (yes, I was keeping track!) and the person could see that I had submitted an online claim, retrieved it, and posted the stay manually. The total points refreshed on my MR account (both online and app) instantly, although the actual transaction reflected only a day later (perhaps via a daily refresh).

MasterGeek May 29, 2018 3:55 pm

Anyone experiencing unresponsiveness / slowness of Marriott's website ?

tasnam May 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Big time

garkster May 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Emailed yesterday morning regarding incorrect points posting. Received this auto-reply:

Thank you for contacting Marriott!

We have received your email. For your records, the following case number has been created: xxxxxxxx.

We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries. (emphasis mine)

One of our team members will review your inquiry and respond to you as soon as possible with a personal reply.

Thank you for choosing Marriott!

So far, no actual response; I'm expecting that I will have to call.

MSPeconomist May 31, 2018 7:16 am

I would disagree. I can easily imagine some executive whose responsibilities include the call center or general customer service deciding to hide the meltdown from his/her boss, or at least deciding to "postpone" communicating the problem upward in the hierarchy. For all we know, the person is expecting a big bonus for his/her role in cutting costs.

RogerD408 May 31, 2018 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Gustav19 (Post 29803657)
With all due respect.....I don't believe that in 2018 it is even remotely possible Marriott corporate is unaware.

Sand still exists and there are those that insist problems will go away if they ignore them. The age of shooting the messenger still exists and staff changes can be hidden by merger changes. And to finish out my line of platitudes, I'm sure there are a lot of tree-huggers hoping to make it past the final merger activities.

RogerD408 May 31, 2018 7:35 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29804136)
In fairness I got through to a live person after holding for 7 minutes (yes, I was keeping track!) and the person could see that I had submitted an online claim, retrieved it, and posted the stay manually. The total points refreshed on my MR account (both online and app) instantly, although the actual transaction reflected only a day later (perhaps via a daily refresh).

Yes, what we see on the web is feed by the back-office systems that get updated on different schedules depending on the transaction. It's havoc when this connection fails and it takes time to get it back on track.

Tanic May 31, 2018 2:26 pm

The website appeared to be functional today, so I made a reservation at an FS for a two bed room in a couple of weeks. The website showed the room type as guaranteed. Later received the confirmation indicating that the room type was sold out and they charged a deposit to my Visa card. This is getting irritating. :mad:

carrotjuice Jun 1, 2018 2:41 am

Originally Posted by garkster (Post 29811385)
Emailed yesterday morning regarding incorrect points posting. Received this auto-reply:

Thank you for contacting Marriott!

We have received your email. For your records, the following case number has been created: xxxxxxxx.

We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries. (emphasis mine)

One of our team members will review your inquiry and respond to you as soon as possible with a personal reply.

Thank you for choosing Marriott!

So far, no actual response; I'm expecting that I will have to call.

You WILL have to call! Else it's going nowhere...

garkster Jun 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29816378)
You WILL have to call! Else it's going nowhere...

Well you are right that I got no response. However, I am returning to the same property in Louisville next week, so when I check in I'm going to ask them to fix the missing arrival gift from the last visit. I also know who one of the managers is due to an issue from my last visit, so theoretically I have at least a tiny bit of leverage.

aero0729 Jun 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Marriott Customer Service Meltdown - 7 weeks and rolling

Does anyone have any inside information on Marriotts issues with hold times. 25 minutes every time I call the Platinum Premiere line and an automated person that guards the crap out of it! This has been going on for 7 weeks. How much patience does Marriott expect people to have ? Am I the only one experiencing these hold times?

getagb Jun 15, 2018 8:48 pm

It’s intermittent — sometimes I call the platinum line and someone immediately picks up

dayone Jun 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Another thread on this subject?