Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Kacee
I had great experiences with MR customer service before it was gutted last year.
I would say 'reasonably good' in my experience pre-changes. SPG was always better consistently, but of course not perfect.

Now its an exercise in frustration.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tfong007
Had the worst experience ever calling the customer service number yesterday. I have avoided calling them these past few months. Called in because my account said it was under audit and was totally locked up. After 20 minutes of waiting on hold I received an agent that told me that it was locked due to an unauthorized account entry. Talking with the agent I was shocked that he did not know that millions of customer records were lost and that it was a major security issue. The agents response was that he doesnt follow the news. I mean come on.

I was then transferred to another agent and she asked me if I had a pin. I told her I didnt know and that the system should tell her if I had one or not. She responded with a "so thats how its gonna be". She then literally did not let me get a word in and hung up. This has truly been the worst phone experience I have had in recent memory.

This is just the beginning. The worst is yet to come.
This is not new. There were always bad cs agents pre-merger (which is not to say that they were not outnumbered by good cs agents). This was especially glaring in instances when they thought you were cheating. I was brought to tears by them on a couple of occasions long before the merger. The worst experience was when my account was locked due to (erroneously) suspected fraud.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wow. When did the agents get so rude? And this was, in theory, with "Elite" handling. Just had an agent yell at me and threaten to undo a correction she made to my account because I said I didn't see the update reflected yet. All she had to do was politely say there would be a slight lag. This is the first time in decades that I have had to file an incident report with a supervisor (who was very pleasant and helpful, BTW). Not that it will make a difference....
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Wow. When did the agents get so rude? And this was, in theory, with "Elite" handling. Just had an agent yell at me and threaten to undo a correction she made to my account because I said I didn't see the update reflected yet. All she had to do was politely say there would be a slight lag. This is the first time in decades that I have had to file an incident report with a supervisor (who was very pleasant and helpful, BTW). Not that it will make a difference....
McMarriott can barely afford to pay its CEO a living wage; it would seem unreasonable for them to spend frivolously on customer service agents

https://wallmine.com/people/15238/arne-m-sorenson
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by VXforever
Did Marriott fire them all en masse and replace them with minimum wage workers? The folks who answer Platinum calls are beyond clueless.
Seriously, I have never come across any other CS line that is as abysmal as the current Marriott line. Where did all the agents go?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think Marriott hired all of the garbage CS agents that worked at the DMV and cable tv call centers.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
I think Marriott hired all of the garbage CS agents that worked at the DMV and cable tv call centers.
I did notice that my last interaction with Comcast was substantially better...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KRSW
I did notice that my last interaction with Comcast was substantially better...
Better than Marriott? :-0
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Better than Marriott? :-0
Surprisingly, yes! I couldn't believe it. The wait time was under 2 minutes, the rep spoke English natively, was courteous, helpful, knowledgeable. Even when I stopped by the Comcast office to get rid of the cable box, there was no wait, the rep was very friendly, no upsell, and the rep made sure that there was no equipment associated with my account.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:41 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by KRSW
Surprisingly, yes! I couldn't believe it. The wait time was under 2 minutes, the rep spoke English natively, was courteous, helpful, knowledgeable. Even when I stopped by the Comcast office to get rid of the cable box, there was no wait, the rep was very friendly, no upsell, and the rep made sure that there was no equipment associated with my account.
Literally any other company's call center is better these days. I mean, the Delta Diamond line is usually pretty good in general, but I get actively excited about having a reason to call them now, especially if I happen to have needed to call Marriott recently beforehand.

You could speculate that Marriott had outsourced their support to some low-cost provider or something, but honestly that doesn't even make sense given that most third-party providers would still have more concern about the quality of service being offered (for fear of losing the contract with Marriott) than Marriott seems to be right now.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Having to wait days for a response from email and usually one full day for a response from social media...missing the SPG days :/
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MarTN
Last week I mentioned my call to Bonvoy resulted in an additional (unnecessary) reservation when I asked that my ‘MR VISA 1 free night up to 20,000’ certificate be attached to my reservation. Now we have discovered he created a Pointsaver Redemption Rate Certificate and debited 16,000 points instead of attaching the certificate. We checked out yesterday....
Update: My first call to Bonvoy to straighten this out was incredible. At one point she was asking me how to spell Illinois. Not surprisingly the case report never arrived via email. This week I called again. It took a long time and two helpful customer service agents to determine I couldn’t get my 16,000 points back BUT they did extend the expiration date on the MR Visa certificate by six months. 👍🏼
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:27 am

I was dreading calling Marriott CS based on many posts on FT. I called yesterday during the day, was connected immediately and registered for the current promo in seconds. I had a question regarding a rate description, the rep called the property and returned to thank me for finding an error...and said she was posting 10,000 points to my account (pts have posted). I may call more often!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Called in regarding missing award stays from earlier this year and:

1. on my App is shows me correctly as Titanium Elite, phone numbers on the App are the basic ones. Awesome.
2. agent answers the call and greets me as a Platinum Elite member. Nice.
3. mention missing award stay night credit and welcome bonus points and advised "award stays so not earn anything"

I simply hung up.

Where do they find these people?
yurtripper likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Haven't had to deal with CS since the end of Starwood, but my recent experiences have been poor to say the least.

I'm currently trying to have the 4,000 bonus points from a stay last month credit. The stay itself credited, but the bonus 4,000 points as part of the rate didn't. A couple of calls to CS had both agents insisting that this was a property issue and that I would have to contact them myself. They both refused to get involved and said that they couldn't. I did speak to the property in question, who laughed when I told them as they apparently have had a number of customers sent in their direction by CS. It wasn't something that the property could sort, so back to CS. 3rd call got a similar response, with the agent refusing to help and unwilling to escalate. I was told bluntly that the property was wrong and that again, *I* would need to speak to them. I pushed them further and the agent finally told me to submit a missing stay claim via the web form. Currently at over 1 week and counting, waiting for a response.

This would have been a simple thing to sort in the past, so things have definitely taken a big step back. I feel for anyone with more complex issues that need assistance, because if they get the same teams that I have been getting, then they have zero chance of getting any help.
ajamieson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.