Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Originally Posted by tfong007
Why does everything these days need to be a struggle with Marriott. These days my expectations are at an all time low. I am actually positively surprised when I get a response from an email query. I am still wondering how this all happened. Its not like Starwood wasn't making money.
EVERYTHING is a struggle with BonFire. I called the Platinum Elite line to ask about Q4 Mega bonus points not posting on stays of 2 nights or more. The battle-axe that answered didn't want to hear the end of my question before proclaiming "IT'S CORRECT!" three times before allowing me to get a word in sideways. When she shut up for a minute and actually listened, she pointedly told me in a 'how dare you waste my time' tone) "it takes six weeks for points to post after a promotion."

Well, I've been told.

BonFire. Burning customer loyalty one hotel stay at a time. Breakfast not included.
KRSW, VXforever and 03ace like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
UPDATE — That’s some good Flyer Talk magic. Three hours after posting this the points appeared in my Bonvoy app.

Waited over a week for our Feb 20-24 stay to be credited. Here's the reply I received when I filled out the missing stay form. I'll update when/if I hear back.

Stay Add Marriott <[email protected]>
To:@yahoo.com

Mar 7 at 8:21 PM
Thank you for contacting Marriott!
We have received your email. For your records, the following case number has been created: 109XYZZZ.
We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries.

One of our team members will review your inquiry and respond to you as soon as possible with a personal reply.

Thank you for choosing Marriott
!

Last edited by MarTN; Mar 11, 2019 at 9:14 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: united,american,delta,spf.hilton,whndam
Everything about... BONVOY and Marriott in general has been frustrating. The website shows little at best. REPRESENTATIVES WILL NOT TRANSFER TO A SUPERVISOR....EMAIL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE GO UNANSWERED!!!!!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:31 am

Last week I mentioned my call to Bonvoy resulted in an additional (unnecessary) reservation when I asked that my ‘MR VISA 1 free night up to 20,000’ certificate be attached to my reservation. Now we have discovered he used Pointsaver Redemption Rate of 16,000 instead of using the certificate. We checked out yesterday.

I am not looking forward to the phone call. I assume I should call Bonvoy and not the hotel?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:06 pm

I just called in to Bonvoy customer service so that they could register me manually for the Q2 double points promo (the registration link wasn't appearing in my online account and the page errored out when I tried going directly there and logging in). I had two fun experiences.

1. Apparently Marriott now confirms your identity by asking you where your most recent stay was. The problem is that it has the wrong info for it! I suspect it's related to the fact that it takes forever for Marriott stays to post to your account now. So (especially?) if your most recent stay was very recent, the robot will refuse to validate your identity unless you can guess which stay Marriott thinks is most recent.

2. This may be related to point 1 (maybe it only happens if you fail to guess the right stay), but the robot might put you forward to a phone rep under the wrong credentials - the rep picked up and said "Hi, is this Mr. [Not-my-name]?" I corrected her and got her to the right account but she never asked for any other identity-confirming info, so I could presumably have proceeded as Mr. Someone-Else if I had wanted to.

FWIW, the robot did have the right name for me in step 1, so I don't think the inability to confirm the most recent hotel stay was because it was drawing the stay from the wrong account. I think it's because it was drawing the wrong stay from my account.
EuropeanPete and KRSW like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
So this is how Skynet starts... Nobody ever suspected MARSHA.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by matravelguy
I just called in to Bonvoy customer service so that they could register me manually for the Q2 double points promo (the registration link wasn't appearing in my online account and the page errored out when I tried going directly there and logging in). I had two fun experiences.

1. Apparently Marriott now confirms your identity by asking you where your most recent stay was. The problem is that it has the wrong info for it! I suspect it's related to the fact that it takes forever for Marriott stays to post to your account now. So (especially?) if your most recent stay was very recent, the robot will refuse to validate your identity unless you can guess which stay Marriott thinks is most recent.
I wouldn't always remember my last stay.

But regardless, Delta started doing something similar a couple months ago. They now ask you -- even if you're using the registered phone on your account -- for your date of birth, email address, mailing address or full legal name. I've protested on several occasions when I've been in an airport, on an airplane or somewhere public because folks could hear you say this information. For the same reason I've complained to credit card companies that occasionally ask me to confirm the last four digits of my Social Security number and my mother's maiden name.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I wouldn't always remember my last stay.

But regardless, Delta started doing something similar a couple months ago. They now ask you -- even if you're using the registered phone on your account -- for your date of birth, email address, mailing address or full legal name. I've protested on several occasions when I've been in an airport, on an airplane or somewhere public because folks could hear you say this information. For the same reason I've complained to credit card companies that occasionally ask me to confirm the last four digits of my Social Security number and my mother's maiden name.
Yes, many of these "knee jerk" reactions in an attempt to up the security is hilarious. My most funny one is back in the day I had an AT&T Calling Card that had a space for a signature and stated invalid unless signed! Hmmm, now when as there EVER been a means for an operator to check your signature and against what? As they say your security is only as good as your weakest link, and in this case it's their very own agents! If they would take the time to understand the working environment and address the lack of training, their security would be MUCH better. When I worked as a bank teller we were trained to pick random account info and not only expect a correct answer but to observe their demeanor while answering the question, If they had to look up the answer on crib notes it was time to call in security.
KRSW likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott LT Platinum
Twitter support has gone downhill. It was great with SPG. Now I can't even get a response to messages to @MBOnvoyAssist.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:07 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MarTN
Last week I mentioned my call to Bonvoy resulted in an additional (unnecessary) reservation when I asked that my ‘MR VISA 1 free night up to 20,000’ certificate be attached to my reservation. Now we have discovered he used Pointsaver Redemption Rate of 16,000 instead of using the certificate. We checked out yesterday.

I am not looking forward to the phone call. I assume I should call Bonvoy and not the hotel?

I called into the elite line and Hannah tried to help me. She couldn’t find the reservation or stay I was talking about.

after a minute of digging she said she would open a case for me and put me on hold for five minutes. When she returned and asked for the name of the hotel, I replied Fairfield Inn. She repeated “Fair field” back to me as if she’d never heard it before. I spelled Champaign for her. She asked me how to spell Illinois. She could not find it listed and asked if it was downtown Chicago. I tried to give her the ZIP Code so she could find it but she said that she just googled it and then found it.

I asked to be contacted via email. She said if I hadn’t heard from them in five business days I should call again
KRSW, EdofFX and 03ace like this.

Last edited by MarTN; Mar 21, 2019 at 12:14 pm Reason: Add the part about Illinois spelling.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
And another 2 weeks to get a response to a complaint to Marriott with feedback about their crappy website and broken functionality and errors when trying to search/book.

The first response took almost 2 weeks and was uselsss, so I replied stating so and that the info they gave me was irrevelant to my concerns... 2 weeks later I got another response that they are forwarding my feedback to the web design team. So another useless response. 1 month turnaround overall with zero helpful/useful responses and no resolution. Way to go Marriott
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I think I've reached my limit on how much incompetence I can tolerate from Bonvoy. Called in to register for Double Points promotion but CSR told me I was not eligible as it did not show in my account. Had to tell her it was a promotion for everyone and she supposedly had to access a separate system to find it. So supposedly I am registered.

However add that to my missing Cat 4 credit card certificate, my husband not making platinum last year because they don't post stays that have been reported as missing, have to call in to correct points or claim missing points on every stay, points from Q42018 promotion not posting correctly, I have zero trust that points from future stays will post correctly and I despise having to waste my time following up mistakes of others. Marriott IT is totally abysmal and the care factor seems to be zero. I have a $3k stay coming up next week and think I'll move my stay elsewhere and let the hotel know why.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: Yes
Ambassador Elite guest here (ex SPG Ambassador) and while we haven't had any troubles like many other guests have reported on here, it finally has affected us too. Stays and points have stopped posting to our account and even the Ambassador Service says "we must allow 10 business days for stays to post".

7 months into a merger that was known well in advance and to still have these kind of issues is ludicrous. For mandating $20k USD spend annually, I certainly should not need worry about manually verifying stay and point activity. I miss Starwood.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
7 months into a merger that was known well in advance and to still have these kind of issues is ludicrous.
Arne and Team are so out of touch with reality that they continue to minimize the ongoing challenges and I am confident we are still referred to as "noise around the edges.".
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
How many of these "CASES" have been created???

Why can't these agents simply review the issue, solve it, and respond back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.