Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
So no more breakfast included for Plat ?

About the prices, May 2021 1€= 10 Turkish lira
today 1€=17.5 Turkish lira
​​​​​​Some price inflation was expected but not X3.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
So no more breakfast included for Plat ?

About the prices, May 2021 1€= 10 Turkish lira
today 1€=17.5 Turkish lira
​​​​​​Some price inflation was expected but not X3.
Oh right, forgot about the inflation! Yes, no free breakfast during my stay.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
My understanding was that they’re still giving comp breakfast to Plats on cash rate but not on rewards.

Anyone able to confirm this?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
My understanding was that they’re still giving comp breakfast to Plats on cash rate but not on rewards.

Anyone able to confirm this?
You'll get breakfast on ALL cash rates regardless of your status. You can see the wording when you check the cash rates on Marriott site. It's just that the word "breakfast" is missing on the points booking section.
TravisMT81 and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tajador
You'll get breakfast on ALL cash rates regardless of your status. You can see the wording when you check the cash rates on Marriott site. It's just that the word "breakfast" is missing on the points booking section.
Just checked, there are now some prepaid cash rates without breakfast in the rate details. The work around to take it away from redemption stays?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Just checked, there are now some prepaid cash rates without breakfast in the rate details. The work around to take it away from redemption stays?
Hmm that's odd. I'm still seeing it on my end, even at pre-pay non refundable rates.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Tajador
And OMAAT specifically said that it was being withheld for points bookings (regardless of status). That’s why I asked about recent DPs for redemption bookings
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
And OMAAT specifically said that it was being withheld for points bookings (regardless of status). That’s why I asked about recent DPs for redemption bookings
Unless I don't understand what you mean with 'withheld', I would say he said the exact opposite....

All room rates at the EDITION Bodrum include breakfast. Keep in mind that EDITION is typically one of the brands where Bonvoy elite members don’t receive free breakfast, though that’s not an issue at this hotel. Yay to not having to pay for breakfast at an EDITION!
https://onemileatatime.com/bodrum-edition-review/
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Unless I don't understand what you mean with 'withheld', I would say he said the exact opposite....

https://onemileatatime.com/bodrum-edition-review/
No, it was much more recent than that. It was something he mentioned in May. Maybe it was just a reply he made to a comment rather than a full review - and he specifically contrasted the new policy with the previous policy (as in the old link you posted) when expressing his disappointment at it
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it was much more recent than that. It was something he mentioned in May. Maybe it was just a reply he made to a comment rather than a full review - and he specifically contrasted the new policy with the previous policy (as in the old link you posted) when expressing his disappointment at it
Ahhh, don't think I read that one.... Must have a look.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:31 pm

On a very recent award stay they were kind enough to extend complimentary breakfast as a courtesy exception due to my ambassador elite status.

Had a great stay at the hotel and strongly reccomend it.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
On a 6 night paid stay. Did award last time but really think this is an excellent property. The fact that they can maintain such a high level of service as a seasonal hotel is seriously impressive. Breakfast is still one of my all time favorites
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Similar to MePlatPremier as an Ambassador they gave us free breakfast for the 6 nights we were there. We loved the property, we had two little kids and whilst its not the most child friendly hotel in terms of facilities the staff were great with the kids and we loved the location and the hotel. Cant recommend the hotel enough!
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
IDK how true this is, but met an American dude here yesterday and we got to chatting, and we got into the fact that this hotel went up quite a lot in the price changes (even prior to dynamic pricing treading into force). He was adamant this had nothing to do with the bodrum edition itself; but rather the hotel is so popular and good at filling up with paying guests (as part of being a seasonal hotel); that the situation was that Marriott ended up paying the "top rate", eg basically a pretty big chunk of the best available rate as occupancy more or less always is 96%+ in June-Aug. He supposedly either knew someone high up at Marriott or was one; unclear given many cocktails in
vivrant likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Complimentary breakfast back for points bookings?

There is a data point over on the Marriott FB group of a very recent stay by Platinum guest staying on points who was offered free breakfast. Perhaps they have reversed course?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.