Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Recommendation for west coast Florida resort/hotel for family

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendation for west coast Florida resort/hotel for family

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KRSW
Ritz Carlton Naples has traditionally been solid and has enough going on around the hotel to keep you occupied for a few days. Naples, Florida is absolutely beautiful and relaxing.

The Residence Inn Treasure Island is one of my favs.
Interesting comment. I would think that RC Naples and Treasure Island are polar opposites!
Old May 24, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OTD
I can't speak to the hotel (although I'm hoping to get over there soon), but Anna Maria Island is one of my favorite places for a beach vacation (Mrs. OTD grew up about 5 miles from there). Laid back, nice beaches, warm water.

Be sure to get a beer and burger at Skinny's. Have fun!
I used to live in Anna Maria. I just moved up to sunset beach in Treasure Island, last year. So when I have guests I put them at the RI up here. Not near as nice as Anna Maria as far as things to do.

I have not seen that new hotel there, as it is brand new. The island is a great place for kids. Stuff to walk to all over the place. Best beaches, bar none. Free trolley to get around.

At Skinny's they only take cash, but it is the best burger. I still go there often. I like a charter boat captain out of Holmes Beach. Best upscale dining is Beach Bistro. And take the kids to sign of the the Mermaid for dessert. They are wonderful. Rest of food is just alright. But I am picky.
Waterfront is great, as is Eat Here AMI (yeah that's the name). Doctors office lounge is well overpriced but some nice craft cocktails. It will the nicest bar near your hotel. Sandbar great view subpar food. Slims Place is a casual bar setting with decent food. Go to bridge street in Bradenton Beach. The trolley will take you there.

Keep in mind they have a free trolley that will get you most places. BUT they roll up the streets just after dark!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.