Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Gurgaon (Gurugram) [Master Thread]

Old May 13, 18, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titatnium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver

I searched the forums to see if there was a master thread on this and don't see anything.
I have stayed here a few times and the experience has been nice! and was trying to find out how others have felt about this property
Old May 14, 18, 2:01 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Pretty nice hotel. Good club lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails. Got suite upgrades as Plat100 on my prev stays.

Decent spa and pool area.

Overall, considering the other Stariott options in Gurgaon, this hotel is somewhat below the Westin gurgaon but significantly well above the Courtyard and Anya.
Old Jan 9, 19, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
Pretty nice hotel. Good club lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails. Got suite upgrades as Plat100 on my prev stays.

Decent spa and pool area.

Overall, considering the other Stariott options in Gurgaon, this hotel is somewhat below the Westin gurgaon but significantly well above the Courtyard and Anya.
Will be staying here a couple nights on an upcoming MR to Delhi. Would welcome additional thoughts/reviews of this hotel. In particular - best transfer from the airport - hotel car? Meru taxi? Uber? Arriving at 4 am on a Sunday morning. Club vs. Restaurant for breakfast? Is the restaurant a good option for dinner or go out of the hotel? Any options nearby and best way to get there - taxi, hotel car, etc.?

I'll post a review after I'm there but always welcome others' thoughts and experiences.
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:20 pm

Want to email the hotel in advance of arrival, but there's no information on website or app. is there a generic email standard for Marriott hotels to reach the Concierge desk or FD? Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 19, 9:28 am

Answered my own question so wanted to share: I phoned the hotel and got an email contact: [email protected].

Interesting exchange on the phone, as I asked if they could arrange a car to pick me up at the airport. He said they couldn't do it over the phone but could if I emailed. Very odd, but I've emailed and we'll see if they follow through. [ON EDIT] The Front Desk responded promptly and took care of things. So I can confirm the email is good.

Last edited by Brucemcdou; Jan 16, 19 at 1:26 pm
Old Jan 21, 19, 1:34 am

Currently staying here, Jan 2019. Good property. Have not stayed at other Marriott/Starwood properties in Gurgaon so cannot compare but was at JW Aerocity a few years ago. The JW is much nicer but newer and larger so not surprising.

Was upgraded to a suite on the Club Floor - had a Club level King room booked so this was a “real” upgrade. Small for a suite; I’d rather have the space without a wall in the middle. Somewhat dated furniture, all clean just a bit tired. They gave me a smoking room whereas my profile is for nonsmoking. No obvious smell of smoke (other than typical acrid smell that permeates Delhi in the winter)

club is great - extensive spread for breakfast and in the evening. Chef-prepared hot dishes to order. Space is cramped but wasn’t crowded when I was there. Would be bad if hotel were full. Staff very attentive.

Had breakfast in the buffet restaurant one morning- pleasant light filled room and extensive spread plus made to order hot items. Staff maybe not so attentive but only one visit.

Gym is is well equipped and decent sized. Some free weights and Techno gym equipment (which I detest). Staff in the gym hover to the point of interfering with your workout - had two different staff try to start up a conversation while in mid-exercise. Really? Had same issue at JW. Maybe it’s an Indian gym thing?

Front desk and concierge very helpful. Arranged a hotel car pickup from and return to the airport - as well as a car one afternoon when I was going out. All handled very well.

Overall no particular reason to come back but nice enough property if you need a Marriott-brand hotel in Gurgaon and the location is convenient.

Last edited by Brucemcdou; Jan 24, 19 at 4:01 pm
Old Jan 21, 19, 4:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW Leaders Club, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou View Post
Currently staying here, Jan 2019. Good property. Have not stayed at other Marriott/Starwood properties in Gurgaon so cannot compare but was at JW Aerocity a few years ago. The JW is much nicer but newer and larger so not surprising.

Was upgraded to to a suite on the Club Floor - had a Club level King room booked so this was a “real” upgrade. Small for a suite; I’d rather have the space without a wall in the middle. Somewhat dated furniture, all clean just a bit tired. They gave me a smoking room whereas my profile is for nonsmoking. No obvious smell of smoke (other than typical acrid smell that permeates Delhi in the winter)

club is great - extensive spread for breakfast and in the evening. Chef-prepared hot dishes to order. Space is cramped but wasn’t crowded when I was there. Would be bad if hotel were full. Staff very attentive.

Had breakfast in the buffet restaurant one morning- pleasant light filled room and extensive spread plus made to order hot items. Staff maybe not so attentive but only one visit.

Gym is is well equipped and decent sized. Some free weights and Techno gym equipment (which I detest). Staff is hovering- had two different staff try to start up a conversation while in mid-exercise. Really? Had same issue at JW. Maybe it’s an Indian gym thing?

Front deak and concierge very helpful. Arranged a car pickup at the airport- all handled very well.

Overall no reason to come back but nice enough property.

I have been debating whether to stay here or at the JW Aerocity for a 7 hour stay next month. From your review, it seems as if I would be better at the JW. How long is it to each property with or without traffic, if you know? Not that I would walk around very much as I plan on sleeping. Is there more to do in Gurgaon?
Old Jan 22, 19, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titatnium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
I have been debating whether to stay here or at the JW Aerocity for a 7 hour stay next month. From your review, it seems as if I would be better at the JW. How long is it to each property with or without traffic, if you know? Not that I would walk around very much as I plan on sleeping. Is there more to do in Gurgaon?
This hotel is far away from the Airport (it may seem less in miles), but with the Indian traffic it can take anywhere from 30 mins to 1 hr to get here. I would never stay at this hotel for a short layover.
For a layover, there is a Sheraton 4P which is very close to the Airport. If I was going to stay for just 7 hours and sleep, then I would choose the 4P due to the proximity to the Airport.

Last edited by DFWsakp; Jan 22, 19 at 7:16 am Reason: Add more info
Old Jan 22, 19, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by DFWsakp View Post
This hotel is far away from the Airport (it may seem less in miles), but with the Indian traffic it can take anywhere from 30 mins to 1 hr to get here. I would never stay at this hotel for a short layover.
For a layover, there is a Sheraton 4P which is very close to the Airport. If I was going to stay for just 7 hours and sleep, then I would choose the 4P due to the proximity to the Airport.
agree w DFWsakp, the Le Meridien Gurgaon was a good 20-25 minute drive from the airport at 3:30 or 4 in the morning, and I imagine well over a half hour during the daytime. The JW is much closer but I still remember 10-15 minutes also in the middle of the night plus the time for security as you enter the hotel. Not to mention the layers of security to get back into the airport.

Honestly, for a 7-hour layover at DEL I would suggest lounge hopping depending on your status and the time of day or night of your layover.

[UPDATE] As I was departing DEL earlier this week saw that there is a Holiday Inn Express in T3 airside, as well as a "pod" hotel. From a quick look at the airport website looks like both are airside after security so should work for a transit passenger. Also looks like the pods don't have showers available but you could cover that with lounge access, presume the hotel rooms do but you should check that out.

Last edited by Brucemcdou; Jan 24, 19 at 4:10 pm