Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Link My wife Marriott CC to my Bonvoy account, will that works?

Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:11 am
Original Poster

I'm having trouble to get the CC 15 nights credit this year, AMEX application got pop up window (no bonus even though I haven't apply before) /CHASE over 5/24, just wondering if I ask my wife to apply Marriott CC and put my rewards number in the application, will that works? do they check last Name(Our last name is not the same)

BTW did Marriott offer soft landing this year? (I'm titanium now) if they do so will they still count my Year 2019 as Platinum or it's based on my actual stay nights (towards lifetime status)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ecgz88
I'm having trouble to get the CC 15 nights credit this year, AMEX application got pop up window (no bonus even though I haven't apply before) /CHASE over 5/24, just wondering if I ask my wife to apply Marriott CC and put my rewards number in the application, will that works? do they check last Name(Our last name is not the same)

BTW did Marriott offer soft landing this year? (I'm titanium now) if they do so will they still count my Year 2019 as Platinum or it's based on my actual stay nights (towards lifetime status)?

Thanks!
Name on credit card application must match name on Marriott Bonvoy account number provided. If they do not match you may end up having a new Marriott Bonvoy number created and assigned to the credit card account.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by controller1
If they do not match you may end up having a new Marriott Bonvoy number created and assigned to the credit card account.
Or, in the extreme, they could shut down your account for violation of the T&C.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:52 pm

Thanks!
How important is status to you? You could hold a meeting for 10 nights.

Don't count on the soft landing. With all of the changes that have gone on over the past few years, I don't think there is any guarantee that they will do that.

Good luck!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

yeah after the meeting 10 nights, I still need that CC 15 nights.

for regular people without travel for work, it is very hard to hit that Platinum 50 nights.

Originally Posted by Jaunts
How important is status to you? You could hold a meeting for 10 nights.

Don't count on the soft landing. With all of the changes that have gone on over the past few years, I don't think there is any guarantee that they will do that.

Good luck!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
yeah after the meeting 10 nights, I still need that CC 15 nights.

for regular people without travel for work, it is very hard to hit that Platinum 50 nights.
It's a loyalty programme for frequent travellers after all. You'd complain too if it was piss easy to hit 50 nights.

I made LTP in Starwood with a good majority of my nights out of own pocket, without the Marriott doping of CC and meeting nights. It's tough but in the right location with enough coin and motivation, it can be done.
fdem likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:14 pm

What you're suggesting worked for me last year -- my wife applied for the card with my Marriott #. The bonus, the certificate and the qualifying nights were credited to my account.

That said, I'm not sure about the timing of the qualifying nights, so it's possible that those won't post before the end of the year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.