Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by KevinS
So is Titanium the new branding for PPE?
My status now shows Lifetime Titanium Elite, when it used to show Lifetime Premiere Plat...
yes it is....
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
yes it is....
It just doesn’t roll off the tongue in the same way. “ I am a Titanium member and would like a late checkout...”

Maybe I will get used to it.
Keyser likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
So I just got Platinum Elite for life but I thought it would reflect Titanium Elite since I earned my 10th Year as Platinum Elite in 2018?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
So I just got Platinum Elite for life but I thought it would reflect Titanium Elite since I earned my 10th Year as Platinum Elite in 2018?
How did you get your 10th year? Someone else reported the same thing happening when they achieved their 10th year by combining their accounts after 12/31/18. I'd still call and try to get it changed if that was the case (or if that wasn't the case and it's just an error).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by lallied
It just doesn’t roll off the tongue in the same way. “ I am a Titanium member and would like a late checkout...”

Maybe I will get used to it.
Try calling it Lifetime Titanic when you ask. That should help.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
How did you get your 10th year? Someone else reported the same thing happening when they achieved their 10th year by combining their accounts after 12/31/18. I'd still call and try to get it changed if that was the case (or if that wasn't the case and it's just an error).
assuming you also have 750 nights...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by davidsc111
Good point. I lost sight of the fact that they could be lifetime plat with too few nights for titanium.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
I'm waiting for my lifetime card MADE of Titanium.

In the hotel loyalty programme arms race, I'm eagerly hoping someone takes this up a notch.
Where's my Iridium status? Or Tritium? Or Californium252 status?
Or go really wild, and get me some Admantium or Mithril status!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

In the hotel loyalty programme arms race, I'm eagerly hoping someone takes this up a notch.
Why? I'm sure your Gold card was not made of gold, or your Platinum card made of platinum, so no reason to expect a Titanium card of titanium.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)

What arms race? The only race I see is to the bottom...
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by davidsc111
Affirmative, with 800+ nights. I just called Marriott Bonvoy and they said, I had to have already been a lifetime Platinum at the end of 2018 to get rolled into Lifetime Titanium. So they are saying, my 10th year as a Platinum was in 2018, which didn't make me a Lifetime Platinum until 2019, so it doesn't count. I would have had to have been a Platinum for 10 years at the end of 2017, which would have made me lifetime Platinum for 2018, which would have made me lifetime Titanium in 2019. Can anyone add to this? Lurker can you check into this please, sad if my timing was off by one year.

Last edited by EXPLAT; Mar 8, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How many lifetime nights do you have? For lifetime Tit, the requirement is 750, not 500 as was true for legacy SPG LTP. There's been some question about how stuff like credit card nights or double nights credit might be counted for this too, so the case is more clear if you have 750 genuine BiB nights before December 31st.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
I have 10 + years of SPG Plat and of 1000 nights on SPG.
I see that my status is Titanium Elite when I log in.
Should I be "Lifetime" Titanium Elite based on my details above? Am I already Lifetime and simply don't see it?

I haven't followed the merger of the programs at all , and, now just want to make sure all is correct.

Thx for assistance.
What year was your 10th year of Platinum status so that the following year you would be lifetime Platinum? I'm trying to figure out my situation. My 10th year as a Platinum was 2018, which made me lifetime Platinum in 2019, but Marriott says it doesn't qualify me for Titanium.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How many lifetime nights do you have? For lifetime Tit, the requirement is 750, not 500 as was true for legacy SPG LTP. There's been some question about how stuff like credit card nights or double nights credit might be counted for this too, so the case is more clear if you have 750 genuine BiB nights before December 31st.
When I look at my lifetime nights, it's like 843. It doesn't break them out into genuine vs. not genuine, so I'm not sure about what's what.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:14 pm

When I look at my lifetime nights, it's like 843. It doesn't break them out into genuine vs. not genuine, so I'm not sure about what's what.
Are your nights Marriott nights or SPG nights? There was speculation about nights not counting if not BIB, but I don't recall people mentioning that as an issue since "the sweep". In any event, I'd be surprised if it was a problem with Marriott nights since Marriott didn't differentiate among the various ways of accumulating nights.

That last 2018 year has been a problem for some. I was told by one agent that my 2018 years (SPG and Marriott qualifications) were not going to count, but multiple agents told me they would count. They seem to have counted in my case. Having said that, perhaps it is triggered by when one combined accounts or when one reached platinum in 2018.

I'd call back and ask to have a case opened to research this. My account showed a totally wrong, in my opinion, number of years. I asked for a case to be opened and many weeks later my years were adjusted up. Was it because someone actually looked into it? No idea, but worth a shot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.