Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:26 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by yvr76
For those of us that qualified for our 10th year with Marriott only hotels in 2018, and combined accounts most don't have it reflected yet. So I guess I have to chase this up first, and then LTPPE next.
I had my 10th year of Plat status in 2018 via 75 nights with legacy Marriott hotels. But my account now reads Lifetume Platinum Premier Elite status despite the Plat year counter still incorrectly showing only 9 years.
shuuy and damon88 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I had my 10th year of Plat status in 2018 via 75 nights with legacy Marriott hotels. But my account now reads Lifetume Platinum Premier Elite status despite the Plat year counter still incorrectly showing only 9 years.
Can you provide some details? I created my Marriott account in March 2018, and then hit 79 nights (Marriott only hotels) by December before merging with my SPG account (which had > 750 nights and 9 Platinum years). I'm still showing 9 Platinum years and Lifetime Gold.

When did you create your Marriott account and when did you merge with your SPG?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I'm just sadly counting down to when all the wailing and gnashing of teeth starts showing up on FT as the hard reality of people expecting PermBonTit to be some magical level find out it really ain't.
I have no illusions that it will be better than the PP I had this year or the Plat I've had the last 5 years. But at least I don't have to worry about earning the status anymore!
Jaunts likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by bergamini
I have no illusions that it will be better than the PP I had this year or the Plat I've had the last 5 years. But at least I don't have to worry about earning the status anymore!
At least the combined program did the right thing. We should not have any further expectations beyond what has already been described -- slightly better earnings on stays and -- hopefully -- slightly higher upgrade priority. We know there will be some advantage at Ritz Carlton, for example, such as the ability to upgrade to a suite. In the end, though, its always up to the individual hotel.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
It at least looks like status was maintained -- Lifetime Platinum Premier to Lifetime Titanium -- when the new program name and level names went into effect on February 13th.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ
Sorry is the Lifetime the infinity logo on your sign in?
How does one know it's been updated?
Seems to be easily located on the app but not easy to find on the website.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
[Lifetime status] seems to be easily located on the app but not easy to find on the website.
Eh? Scroll down ....
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
So I had posted upthread months ago about my sitaution. 759 nights and 9 Platinum years with my SPG account and 79 nights and 0 years with my Marriott. I combined them in December, and apparently Marriott is now saying that I only had 8 SPG Platinum years and so the 79 nights on my Marriott account was my 9th year.

I have my SPG master statement, screenshots etc. that are being sent to the loyalty department via the SPG Lurkers (and without them I'm not even sure where I'd go). I'm just shocked that their IT is this bad, the burden of proof is on me, and even what my next steps are if they come back and say "sorry, no"

Anyone still waiting for their 10th year to post in a similar situation?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
So I had posted upthread months ago about my sitaution. 759 nights and 9 Platinum years with my SPG account and 79 nights and 0 years with my Marriott. I combined them in December, and apparently Marriott is now saying that I only had 8 SPG Platinum years and so the 79 nights on my Marriott account was my 9th year.

I have my SPG master statement, screenshots etc. that are being sent to the loyalty department via the SPG Lurkers (and without them I'm not even sure where I'd go). I'm just shocked that their IT is this bad, the burden of proof is on me, and even what my next steps are if they come back and say "sorry, no"

Anyone still waiting for their 10th year to post in a similar situation?
Not quite. But I have noticed my total platinum years didn’t go up after 2018 despite way over meeting the night / stay requirement. So if had have been 9 would have been in same boat
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lallied
I have noticed my total platinum years didn’t go up after 2018 despite way over meeting the night / stay requirement. So if had have been 9 would have been in same boat
+1
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

One new benefit is no more people can qualify for Lifetime Titanium.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:29 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I have 10 + years of SPG Plat and of 1000 nights on SPG.
I see that my status is Titanium Elite when I log in.
Should I be "Lifetime" Titanium Elite based on my details above? Am I already Lifetime and simply don't see it?

I haven't followed the merger of the programs at all , and, now just want to make sure all is correct.

Thx for assistance.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:08 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Sign onto the Marriott website, then choose Overview. You'll get a page listing your next stay near the top. About the middle of this page, you'll see a list of your most recent stays/account activity. Just above this list, you should find a bar that has the infinity sign in a circle followed by the legend, "You are Lifetime Titanium Elite".
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:54 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Thx OCN , I found it.
I Am Lifetime Titanium.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
So is Titanium the new branding for PPE?
My status now shows Lifetime Titanium Elite, when it used to show Lifetime Premiere Plat...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.