Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Mine too. Pleasantly surprised that Marriott’s IT came through on this.
We'll see how long it lasts lol...I've learned not to trust much from them lately.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
LTPPE. I'm glad Marriott finally updated our status. Hopefully I'll get decent upgrades at Gritti Palace and St Regis Florence in March.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Mine changed overnight too. First it showed the new LTPPE on the desktop version yesterday, and this morning the app had also reflected the change. ^
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
LTPPE. I'm glad Marriott finally updated our status. Hopefully I'll get decent upgrades at Gritti Palace and St Regis Florence in March.

Or not. Mine updated as well but when later checked in at a hotel which had always previously upgraded me, no upgrade :-)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lallied
Or not. Mine updated as well but when later checked in at a hotel which had always previously upgraded me, no upgrade :-)
I find that unusual as a regular guest. Also, I doubt any existing reservations got refreshed to reflect the new status. I suspect the CSRs will be flooded with calls to do the refresh for eminent stays in the next two weeks.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I find that unusual as a regular guest. Also, I doubt any existing reservations got refreshed to reflect the new status. I suspect the CSRs will be flooded with calls to do the refresh for eminent stays in the next two weeks.
I think that’s likely the case. I didn’t check though
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:14 am

Any insight as how many LTPPE will be there after the sweep?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
Any insight as how many LTPPE will be there after the sweep?
Far too many.
RTWFF, small ring and kennycrudup like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Far too many.
Marriott did the right thing. I was loyal to Marriott and Starwood over the years. Now that they're combined, I should benefit from that just as though every stay was at a Marriott Rewards property.

Thankfully, someone at Marriott agreed.

But look at the bright side. Over the weekend we hit a peak number of LTPPE guests. As we all die off, there will be fewer.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Sorry is the Lifetime the infinity logo on your sign in?
How does one know it's been updated?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Sorry is the Lifetime the infinity logo on your sign in?
How does one know it's been updated?
Yes, it is. Reading different screens will also say Lifetime. Many of us have been waiting for the words Platinum Premier to show up.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Far too many.
I'm sure some feel any more than me is too many.
bergamini and small ring like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by CIT85
LTPPE. ... Hopefully I'll get decent upgrades ...
I'm just sadly counting down to when all the wailing and gnashing of teeth starts showing up on FT as the hard reality of people expecting PermBonTit to be some magical level find out it really ain't.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum

Nothing tastes as good as how LTPPE feels (2 nights Marriott, 850+ nights + 10 years Platinum SPG; 10th year in 2018)

Last edited by shuuy; Jan 29, 2019 at 6:15 pm
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
For those of us that qualified for our 10th year with Marriott only hotels in 2018, and combined accounts most don't have it reflected yet. So I guess I have to chase this up first, and then LTPPE next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.