Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by X-ON
tenor years refers to years at a certain status level.
Years of tenure?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Years of tenure?
Yes my mistake sorry about that not being an native English speaker I mixed up tenure with tenor, i.e. the time to maturity of a bond (or any contingent claim) I was thinking about your LT membership status maturing at 10 years . (like a zero coupon bond) ...
puntamita likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by X-ON
Yes my mistake sorry about that not being an native English speaker I mixed up tenure with tenor, i.e. the time to maturity of a bond (or any contingent claim) I was thinking about your LT membership status maturing at 10 years . (like a zero coupon bond) ...
I assumed that this was another instance of autocorrect at work incorrectly.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Spoke to Marriott customer service to make sure that my records (10 years and > 750 nights) matched what they have on file. It did.

His system did then say "Platinum Premier lifetime status will be reviewed and updated in a system sweep starting 1 February and finishing by the first week of March"
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:27 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by shuuy
Spoke to Marriott customer service to make sure that my records (10 years and > 750 nights) matched what they have on file. It did.

His system did then say "Platinum Premier lifetime status will be reviewed and updated in a system sweep starting 1 February and finishing by the first week of March"
By that time, they would start to announce the leaked new program called Bonvoy and everyone forgets about Platinum Premier and wants the Lifetime Titanium.
shuuy likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott PPE, LTP
Originally Posted by yeunganson
By that time, they would start to announce the leaked new program called Bonvoy and everyone forgets about Platinum Premier and wants the Lifetime Titanium.
I wonder if they will convert the LTPP directly into Titanium Elite
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by yeunganson
- Hold your breath regarding "by that time". Marriott IT is still a mess. I had 90 nights in 2018 and still cannot choose my 75 night benefit because they are working on updating the system.

Also, right now if I login I do see
myself as Lifetime Platinum Elite with the following lifetime statistics:
Nights: 876
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 17
Years as Gold or Platinum: 17
Years as Platinum: 11

Why this is not updated as LPPE? Perhaps, because all my Years as PLT are coming from SPG?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Had you earned and been awarded LTP status in either program prior to the integration?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- Hold your breath regarding "by that time". Marriott IT is still a mess. I had 90 nights in 2018 and still cannot choose my 75 night benefit because they are working on updating the system.

Why this is not updated as LPPE? Perhaps, because all my Years as PLT are coming from SPG?
Originally Posted by CPRich
Had you earned and been awarded LTP status in either program prior to the integration?
I am in the same boat as @Alex_I

20 years combined as "Platinum" with 1,755 nights combined (came from the SPG LTP side)

My understanding, from the other threads here, is that we have to wait a bit longer (no later than this month) for us to be officially grandfathered to LTPPE...
margarita girl and Plumber like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:28 am

Have anyone had the status year counter updated now in Jan with respect to 2018 account activity?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Is it safe to assume that if as of Dec 31st you were "Lifetime Platinum" in either the SPG, Marriott or combined program then you will be Lifetime Platinum Premier when the sweep occurs?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Is it safe to assume that if as of Dec 31st you were "Lifetime Platinum" in either the SPG, Marriott or combined program then you will be Lifetime Platinum Premier when the sweep occurs?
Nope, if you had LTP in SPG you need to have 750+ LT nights to be considered for Lifetime Platinum Premier same goes for LTP in the combined program
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
At this rate its gonna take them till at least June to get this done.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
You have wisely answered your own question!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Remember back when only MR LTPs were allowed to be LTPPs? That's what the current code is written to do, so only those that had MR LTP are showing as LTPPs now. Only after the January sweep will the others of us be updated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.